Dana rejects Bones-DC fight, insists 'Bones' must first face Gus

I think Jones gets finished by Gus in the rematch. That fight has obviously got to his head. Shouldnt a champion accept all challenges?

Good. I want to see this rematch. I can see Gustaffsson getting the KO.

Jones will get his way, just watch, he either breaks the glass ceiling of 400k upfront money or he gets DC, this isn't over.

I hope this backfires on Dana

I think Jones gets finished by Gus in the rematch. That fight has obviously got to his head. Shouldnt a champion accept all challenges?

Thing is, he already did.... So are going to have him keep fighter another guy over and over again until Gus finds a way get a cheap win ala JDS Cain?

Jones will get his way, just watch, he either breaks the glass ceiling of 400k upfront money or he gets DC, this isn't over.

Jones could possibly make that at bellator and I am sure Viacom would be happy to sign him.

If he supposedly gets a raise then I would tip my hat to his management for their ruthlessness in negotiating.

Seriously: fuck the idea of fighters trying to cherry pick whatever opponent suits them best at any given time. It's weak and embarassing to MMA.

Seeing how the first fight turned out Jones probably isn't as confident in his ability to get the win. He is probably concerned that he might get KO'd and lose his belt or that if he wants to win, he may have to go through another war in the process which might be a bit much for him mentally and emotionally to deal with.

Seriously: fuck the idea of fighters trying to cherry pick whatever opponent suits them best at any given time. It's weak and embarassing to MMA.

Even more so when you are the champion.

jon-jones-dana-white.jpg

UFC brass draws a line in the sand.

Dana White rejects Jon Jones vs. Daniel Cormier fight, insists 'Bones' must first face Alexander Gustafsson.

Dana also says that they aren't in contract negotiations, But last week he said they were and Lorenzo is on a video blog saying the meeting on thursday with jones and his manager is to extend his contract and

That a boy Dana. Jones acting like a pre-madonna

I agree with you. Jones vs DC is the fight I want to see next, but I think it's important that the UFC makes a statement that the fighters work for the UFC, the UFC doesn't work for the fighters.

What? Fighter union this nonsense. The UFC has nothing without the fighters. Fighters can fight anywhere.

So, Being told to do the right thing shuts up basement badasses - check.

No, beating the shit out of the one who is supposed to vanquish the villain shuts em up.

Actually, who the fuck am I kidding. We all know that there will be a full Cormier bandwagon after this fight, and probably some Bentley-DUI jokes, a hospital pic and some more duck shoops. There is nothing that Jones can do that will win people over, so the cycle will continue.

Oh man, everyone is talking about this Bones vs Gus rematch. It's almost like.... hype.

Pimp hand firm and ready for swinging. :icon_lol: Thank goodness if one guy gets away with something they all will want to pick there fights to stay undefeated.

Wanted DC but after hearing re the knee stuff this works out just fine.

I think Jones takes Gus (although would love to be proven wrong) and then he'll have what I think is by far the biggest test out there for him in DC.

However it pans out, it's gonna be one hell of a ride.

Back