Dana rejects Bones-DC fight, insists 'Bones' must first face Gus

Edmond Rousey

Blue Belt
Reaction score
jon-jones-dana-white.jpg

UFC brass draws a line in the sand.

Dana White rejects Jon Jones vs. Daniel Cormier fight, insists 'Bones' must first face Alexander Gustafsson.

Im really not a fan of Dana but I hope this is a case where he really shows a pair and puts his foot down

"But, but Dana is a bad person! and WMMA and PRIDE never die!!"

I don't get why Jones doesn't just accept the fight. He's the champion and must take on ALL comers. Who cares about the order?

Thank you Dana. Now sign the fucking contract, chicken bones.

I understand it to an extent. UFC needs to dictate matchups, not the fighter. But I'd really prefer to see bones v dc first. But that's just me. UFC probably does need to make a statement with this one and gus v bones 2 is a stellar matchup so im good

other than Tito and Jones I don't remember any other champion trying so hard to pick his next fight.

Jones fears losing his title. The only man that came close to taking it. He looked great against Glover but hey if I had a win over Gustaffson I wouldnt want to fight him again either.

I'm a Jones fan, but good. This should stop the hand wringing by basement badasses questioning Jones' manhood.

Shut em up, kid.

I understand it to an extent. UFC needs to dictate matchups, not the fighter. But I'd really prefer to see bones v dc first. But that's just me. UFC probably does need to make a statement with this one and gus v bones 2 is a stellar matchup so im good

I agree with you. Jones vs DC is the fight I want to see next, but I think it's important that the UFC makes a statement that the fighters work for the UFC, the UFC doesn't work for the fighters.

Well I guess Jones ain't fighting for the rest of the year.

If the ufc had a merit based system to make fights i would say fighters should fight whom ever is "next" but sense they dont why the fuck shoyld a champion just do what ever the promotion says? They are partners withe the promotion not employees.

I agree with you. Jones vs DC is the fight I want to see next, but I think it's important that the UFC makes a statement that the fighters work for the UFC, the UFC doesn't work for the fighters.

This!

I'm a Jones fan, but good. This should stop the hand wringing by basement badasses questioning Jones' manhood.

Shut em up, kid.

So, Being told to do the right thing shuts up basement badasses - check.

Back