Dana really doesn't want Conor to become champ again.

It is covid times. He just needs to put on shows. All those fight island shows are doing well through ESPN

It's pretty obvious Conor does what Coinor wants. This is bad for ufc even if he is their biggest cash cow. No fighter can be allowed to become bigger than the brand.
Yeah so it was actually good for UFC that Khabib beat him and then retired himself.

What other explanation is there? Khabib made it very clear, he's not fighting again. A title fight between Conor and Dustin makes perfect sense, even if it's an Interim. Dana's going to prolong this as much as he cans just to avoid a possible nightmare situation of dealing with Conor as the champ again.

I believe the UFC don't want to strip Khabib of his title, because:

1. They want him to fight again in the LW division to pass the torch (lose) to Conor or someone else, who would absorb all of Khabib's popularity. That's how the UFC promote their new champions.

2. Stripping Khabib's title could potentially open him up as a free agent, and after 12 months, he could walk away from the UFC contract and fight GSP or some big names in boxing.​

He would get smashed by Tony, Gaethje, and probably Olivera, wrestlefucked by Machachev, and Chandler and will likely get beaten by Poirier.

He can beat cans like Felder, Sanchez, Cerrone and maybe Edgar.

Anyone who thinks 1 win in 4 years is deserving of a title shot, and not even at the weight class he wants a title shot in, is completely delusional and an obvious McTapper dickrider.

Can't wait for Poirier to end him in embarrassing fashion, and he can finally fuck off for good.

Ya don’t understand the nuances of fighting if you really believe this. You literally don’t know what you’re watching.

Dana cannot control Conor.

Dana doesn't like people he cannot control.

Conor screwed them once before. He told the UFC after the Mayweather fight he'd defend the LW title. Instead they were forced to stripe him then they had to throw together a makeshift title fight with like their 4th choice because Ferguson can't take off his sunglasses.

I wouldn't want him as my champ either. Especially since he sells better than any other fighter with or without the belt.

Back