Dana really doesn't want Conor to become champ again.

What other explanation is there? Khabib made it very clear, he's not fighting again. A title fight between Conor and Dustin makes perfect sense, even if it's an Interim. Dana's going to prolong this as much as he cans just to avoid a possible nightmare situation of dealing with Conor as the champ again.

Why would either Poirier or Conor deserve an interim title shot?

He would get smashed by Tony, Gaethje, and probably Olivera, wrestlefucked by Machachev, and Chandler and will likely get beaten by Poirier.

He can beat cans like Felder, Sanchez, Cerrone and maybe Edgar.

Anyone who thinks 1 win in 4 years is deserving of a title shot, and not even at the weight class he wants a title shot in, is completely delusional and an obvious McTapper dickrider.

Can't wait for Poirier to end him in embarrassing fashion, and he can finally fuck off for good.

Your logic is nonsensical and unfounded.

I disagree. I don't think Conor and Poirier should fight for the title. If Khabib is really done, I would have McGregor fight Gaethje and Poirier fight Fergeson. The winner of each fights for the belt. McG has already beat Dustin and Justin has already destroyed Ferg, PLUS I really want to see McGregor-Gaethje fight! Also, I think Dana would LOVE to have Conor be champ, as long as he would defend the title. He is the UFC cash cow. He may be a pain in the butt, but he brings in $$$.

it’s interesting how they aren’t jumping on the opportunity to throw another interim belt into the equation.
I’m happy with that.

IF Conor would actually win a belt... then what?

He has never defended a title in his career. And he has made it crystal clear he doesn’t give a shit about tying up the division.

He needs to EARN a title SHOT. And fight absolute fucking killers to earn it. He didn’t earn his first LW title shot, his second was questionable, he damn well better earn a third.

He also isn’t the same superstar anymore, he is a joke/punchline to a lot of the fanbase which limits his clout. And with no crowds his revenue drawing ability is limited. And no more Khabib A side to draw fans and huge numbers.
It opens up a lot more super fights if he has a belt. He draws well now, he will draw more as the champion. People that hate on Conor are the only ones that see him as a joke, he lost to Khabib who everyone else did too. He lost to Mayweather, who everyone else did too. He avenged his loss with Nate. He is still very dangerous and other fighters know that too.

As much as people seem to hate the idea of mma vs boxing, if Zuffa Boxing happens, it will be happening.

McGregor is fighting the number 2 ranked fighter. Conor was the last champion before Khabib. Gaethje just fought so he isn't fighting him right now but could be in the future. He has earned it, people just don't like Conor for whatever reason but he has earned it.

Yes if you are worried just about one division and someone trying to do super fights vs other champions that will upset the people that isn't in to that, but overall that is a harder accomplishment to do than a title defense. It will also draw more interests in the fight than just a regular title defense.

Given the current climate and Khabib retiring Conor is their biggest draw, even if they may not like Conor being champion, Conor being champion will benefit the UFC. It will bring back more eyes to the UFC, the extra attention is good for every fighter in the UFC and benefits everyone. UFC is the brand, but the brand still needs fighters that the general public will recognize and be familiar with. No one comes close to Conor in that regard at the current moment.

Zuffa Boxing seems to still be happening, so the extra attention that will come from other combat sports, especially boxing will benefit future events. Pacquaio vs McGregor can very well happen with Zuffa Boxing involved, Mayweather was originally supposed to work with Dana on a project before covid-19, so I can see that partnership continuing on in the future.

There were rumors of Dana trying to sign Canelo, when Canelo became a free agent after leaving GoldenBoy and DAZN.
"Zuffa Boxing seems to still be happening"
I'm waiting for Dana to go partners with Bob Arum.

Tbf, a guy that's 3-2 the last 5 years doesn't deserve to fight for the title...
Not even in WMMA its that bad
Romero was 2-3 and still got a title shot. Aldo was 2-4 and got a title shot.
Conor’s case is way better than those two

He would get smashed by Tony, Gaethje, and probably Olivera, wrestlefucked by Machachev, and Chandler and will likely get beaten by Poirier.

He can beat cans like Felder, Sanchez, Cerrone and maybe Edgar.

Anyone who thinks 1 win in 4 years is deserving of a title shot, and not even at the weight class he wants a title shot in, is completely delusional and an obvious McTapper dickrider.

Can't wait for Poirier to end him in embarrassing fashion, and he can finally fuck off for good.

if you really think tony, a guy who gets hit a ton and who was stopped in his last fight, would last even a round against conor, I want what you're smoking...as far as gaetchje goes, he'd get tagged and stopped within 2 rounds...gaethje has already been stopped by 2 guys conor destroyed...pourier and alverez. there is no way justin can beat conor. and conor isn't easy to get down...he proved that against khabib...so your hatred for conor is clouding your reasoning.

"Zuffa Boxing seems to still be happening"
I'm waiting for Dana to go partners with Bob Arum.

hahaha Never going to happen with Arum or De la Hoya lol. It'll be Floyd, Haymon, Hearn most likely.

Mcg's became too expensive, if we had live crowds Dana might have more cash to pay him but he knows at this point he can't afford a Mcg paycheck unless live crowds are allowed.

That being said, it's more probable that Dana doesn't want Mcg with a leverage position that can influence negociations, even more now that there's the rumor on Mcg fighting Pac.

It opens up a lot more super fights if he has a belt. He draws well now, he will draw more as the champion. People that hate on Conor are the only ones that see him as a joke, he lost to Khabib who everyone else did too. He lost to Mayweather, who everyone else did too. He avenged his loss with Nate. He is still very dangerous and other fighters know that too.

As much as people seem to hate the idea of mma vs boxing, if Zuffa Boxing happens, it will be happening.

McGregor is fighting the number 2 ranked fighter. Conor was the last champion before Khabib. Gaethje just fought so he isn't fighting him right now but could be in the future. He has earned it, people just don't like Conor for whatever reason but he has earned it.

Yes if you are worried just about one division and someone trying to do super fights vs other champions that will upset the people that isn't in to that, but overall that is a harder accomplishment to do than a title defense. It will also draw more interests in the fight than just a regular title defense.
The point I was making is that Conor’s mystique is heavily damaged now.

His charm has deteriorated greatly through his sucker punch assault of an old man at a bar, his criminal charges with the bus incident, the watch/phone incident and his numerous sexual misconduct allegations.

His ability to draw revenue is diminished due to no live gate, and even when that changes it is likely to be limited capacity.

And he lacks big wins in recent history.

But he is still likely a very expensive entity to the UFC due to his contract.

All of this bodes against the idea of the UFC granting him an easy path to the title. Which is fair, he should have to earn his shot like everyone else. He had his first LW title shot before he had a LW win in the UFC, that’s absurd special treatment.

Who does ? Conor is only interested in big money fights, as a champion you have to fight whoever the UFC puts in front of you, Conor wants to hand pick his opponents, he isn't interested in defending titles and being frequently active.

Conor is pretty much just a rapist who hawks horrible whiskey now, and even half his fanbase knows it. Even DANA knows it, and we're talking about a man who probably gave Conor actual and frequent fellatio for years. Like so many other aspects of modern life, Conor has outlived his usefulness and is now obsolete.

Conor was the worse champion in UFC history...

Even germaine de randime was a better champion...she knew she couldn't fight so she vacated...

Conor instead held shit up.and fought some retired boxer while holding up and entire division for 2 years that we still havent recovered from

I hope hes never champion again too

It would just be bad for business if you let Conor get the belt. Conor would once again leverage the UFC by holding unto the belt again, which stalls out the LW division from having meaningful fights because the champ doesn't defend.
Dana doesn't want the headache and BS that comes with it.

if you really think tony, a guy who gets hit a ton and who was stopped in his last fight, would last even a round against conor, I want what you're smoking...as far as gaetchje goes, he'd get tagged and stopped within 2 rounds...gaethje has already been stopped by 2 guys conor destroyed...pourier and alverez. there is no way justin can beat conor. and conor isn't easy to get down...he proved that against khabib...so your hatred for conor is clouding your reasoning.
People haven't forgot the two Nate Diaz fights.

The point I was making is that Conor’s mystique is heavily damaged now.

His charm has deteriorated greatly through his sucker punch assault of an old man at a bar, his criminal charges with the bus incident, the watch/phone incident and his numerous sexual misconduct allegations.

His ability to draw revenue is diminished due to no live gate, and even when that changes it is likely to be limited capacity.

And he lacks big wins in recent history.

But he is still likely a very expensive entity to the UFC due to his contract.

All of this bodes against the idea of the UFC granting him an easy path to the title. Which is fair, he should have to earn his shot like everyone else. He had his first LW title shot before he had a LW win in the UFC, that’s absurd special treatment.
In terms of publicity all that helps him. They have a saying, all publicity is good publicity. Mike Tyson had worse press and that didn't affect his drawing power. Plus it adds some interests to his fights, seeing how everything is affecting him and if he will be back to his old dominating self or not.

They are working on a live gate for this one, that's the reason it's happening next year and why he hasn't been fighting. He's coming off a win, and if he beats current Dustin that will be considered a big win. Anyone else beating Dustin at this current moment would be praised for the achievement, Conor shouldn't be an exception to that.

Conor will still make the UFC more money than any other fighter on the roster. They will still profit regardless.

Champion vs Champion was the selling point. They are not contenders, they are both champions - so it's not really special treatment. We saw the outcome of that fight, so fighting someone that wasn't the champion wouldn't have made a difference, because he was able to beat the actual champion.

Last edited:
I dont think he is in any real need of any fighters until closer to the TV deal is up again.

Back