Media Dana Re: Khabib next fight timing

i'm sure dana is doing whatever dana thinks is right to get khabib to make him as much money as possible. anyone else think it is pretty cool how dana is staying ahead of everyone by a week or two?

Florida - coronavirus hot bed
Vegas - re shut down
Yas Island - $$$$$

Justin defends his interim title against Conor. Khabib fights the winner when he's ready.
Likely if Masvidal wins tonight

Last edited:
What?? Tyson went from not making the Olympic team to becoming World Champion among pros...

Tyson failed the Olympics in '84; D'amato passed away in '85.

Granted, Tyson went on to have a successful pro career when Kevin Rooney took over the role of trainer, but the one thing that Rooney couldn't do what D'amato was able to was to keep Tyson mentally grounded. D'amato was the father figure to Tyson and the only person he respected and listened to, whereas Rooney was more like an older brother.

Tyson fired Rooney as well as his long time manager in late '88 and got with Don King and his toxic entourage, which led to his erratic behaviors outside of the ring and eventual downfall in the early '90, within less than 2 years.

So that means they won't book Makhachev vs top 10 anytime soon.

What?? Tyson went from not making the Olympic team to becoming World Champion among pros...

That was sheer talent, he never maximized his skill set and or training potential, regardless of how young Cuss got him.

I'm happy too.

564575.jpg
f64d985625da2e2ae53dd6b1aaef76da.jpg

Agree. Khabib might not be mentally the same after the passing of his father, just like the undefeated Mike Tyson was no longer the same after his coach and father figure, Cus D'amato, passed away.
Mike had like 3 fights when Cus died. He hadn't even won the belt yet.

Likely of Masvidal loses tonight
I really don't think Conor takes that fight unless it's for a belt. Sure, they could do a BMF belt again, but at least for me, the novelty has worn off.

Watch it again,
Nurmagomedov failed to land a single takedown out of 13 attempts as his Brazilian foe defended each one. Tibau, on the other hand, landed one in six attempts. Tibau also landed more overall strikes, as well as 32% of his significant strikes attempted (28 of 87) compared to Nurmagomedov's 24% (25 of 101).”
https://thebodylockmma.com/ufc/glei...ib-nurmagomedov-about-beating-him-at-ufc-148/
nothing serious enough to win him the fight
at the end of the day the record clearly states Khabib won hence he's undefeated. Also that takedown from memory Tibau didnt properly get him down as Khabib got right back up without too much effort, it was more of a scramble. Tibau was already cheating since he was juiced anyway

I think he will fight for his father and come back even stronger and determined. Khabib feels like he is mentally very focused and strong.

I really don't think Conor takes that fight unless it's for a belt. Sure, they could do a BMF belt again, but at least for me, the novelty has worn off.
Lol I meant to say "likely if Masvidal wins", but I was high as a kite a fucked it up hahah

Khabib is a hero, i hope he does what makes him the happiest.

UFC gonna do Gaethje/Conor next

This will probably sound harsh, and I do have a ton of sympathy for him right now. But, at some point he has to either defend or just vacate. And, if he's not willing to do that then he should be stripped. The division can't wait around indefinitely until he is ready. Even before his father's death, he has been ridiculously inactive for a champion. Since winning the belt in April 2018, he has only defended it twice, and he hasn't been injured. He was suspended for a while, which was his own fault for his stupid actions after the con-man fight. As a champion, he has a responsibility to actually you know compete. If he is unwilling or unable to do that, then he should no longer be champion.

This will probably sound harsh, and I do have a ton of sympathy for him right now. But, at some point he has to either defend or just vacate. And, if he's not willing to do that then he should be stripped. The division can't wait around indefinitely until he is ready. Even before his father's death, he has been ridiculously inactive for a champion. Since winning the belt in April 2018, he has only defended it twice, and he hasn't been injured. He was suspended for a while, which was his own fault for his stupid actions after the con-man fight. As a champion, he has a responsibility to actually you know compete. If he is unwilling or unable to do that, then he should no longer be champion.

Oh get off your high horse, UFC didnt do shit to whittaker when he was a champ and always injured, they didnt do shit to Conor when he was willingly inactive, they are not going to do shit to Khabib because he has lost the most important figure in his life. At least khabib still fights, he signs the contracts, he trains for it, you cant hold him responsible of a fucking global pandemy. He has the responsabilty to defend his belts when circumstances allow it (no injuries or any other logistics problems preventing fights to happen), not because of your own entitlement.

Did Khabib give any updates or any interview since his dad passed away?

I think khabib is going to honor his father and come back razor sharp.

You don’t rush a man back that lost the most important person in his corner, Khabib should retire so he doesn’t come into his next fight extremely emotional and lose his “undefeated”(Tibau) record, his father was very important to him and that is not something you easily get over

actually khabib should do whatever he wants.

Back