Dana: Pac throws his best shots while getting hit?

I think Pac beats Paulie but not sure about Martinez cause of his size. I am not a real big fan of Da Sex but his fights are fun to watch and like you said I thought Kelly was doing real good in the middle rds before the cuts, but then Martinez did was he was supposed to do, Work them cuts.

I was also thinking about Pac and how he comes in from weird angles but from the most part in a straight line, he jumps in a starts throwing his 4-6 punch combos and he side steps after he done. I was thinking that if someone could throw one or two punch combo to catch him quick on the way in and then step to the side. Is he footwork good enough to not let them or he speed to good that they wouldn't be able to pull off such a thing. I just thinking on what type of fight plan could someone use to beat him.

I agree. Martinez is not necessarily a win. I just think that Pac is faster. He does bounce in straight but jumps during his combos as he works angles. Great example was against Clottey. I think he would need to adjust the plan with Martinez and pressure him similar to how Pavlik started to pressure him. You're right though. Size would be a major factor for him.

I was also thinking about Pac and how he comes in from weird angles but from the most part in a straight line, he jumps in a starts throwing his 4-6 punch combos and he side steps after he done. I was thinking that if someone could throw one or two punch combo to catch him quick on the way in and then step to the side. Is he footwork good enough to not let them or he speed to good that they wouldn't be able to pull off such a thing. I just thinking on what type of fight plan could someone use to beat him.

Pac's footwork is his best attribute. Even when it seems like he's off-balance, he finds a way to get back into position to throw concussive shots. A lot of his opponents mistake that for weakness, but that's what Pacquiao wants. He's the Phoenix Suns of boxing, he wants to push the pace and get his opponent to fight his fight.

Marquez was able to provide a blueprint to solving Pac. Take your time, time his rhythm and (like you said) catch him with a combo when he's coming in and get out before he can do anything. But even Marquez got put down 4 times and got rocked several other times. Pacquiao's so quick and so skilled offensively, he's going to do damage even in the fights he does end up losing.

Anyone who steps into the ring with Pacman is in for a long night.

Now don't get mad, but how does he do when the fighter is his fighting throws one-two punches. What I mean is with the Cotto fight, when Cotto used his jab and straight, he was able to push pac around the ring and Pac really did throw back anything. When Cotto was trying to throw 3-4 punch combos then Pac would throw in-between and land his most effective punches.

Now when pac gets off first then i haven't seen anybody able to defend to well against his 4-6 punch combo, they most just stand and cover until he done and by the time they try to throw back he is already out of range. I think he is a way better fighter then when he last fought JMM, but I still have question about his style and can he really beat every type of fighter.

How do you think he would to with some like a martinez, or Malagani? not those exact fighters but someone with their style of hit and run or someone that is going to look to outbox him and not walk him down.

very good assessment. its a big question mark because we havent really seen him fight a slick style boxer who throws a shot at a time and moves. he's always figthing guys that are willing to trade with him (except clottey and the 2nd half of the cotto fight).

imo if you're gonna beat pacquiao. its gonna be in mayweather type of fashion, hit and run. but the thing is..... CAN MAYWEATHER STILL RUN?!

we seen him move alittle in the marquez fight but for the mosley fight, mayweather was planted and not moving back much. freddie roach said it himself. if mayweather doesnt have his legs under him, he's gonna be forced to exchange with pacquiao in order to keep that buzzsaw off of him.... but thats when pacquiao tends to shine, during exchanges :)

I'll be interested to see Floyd's shoulder roll and countering when he's dealing with the work rate and power of a guy like Manny

When your opponents fist is on your face, He's not protecting himself!

funny but true. Pac has one of the most solid chins in boxing history, he takes one to the face, and punches back right away -- while the audience waits to see who among the two gets KO'd first. :icon_chee

WTF? Dana White in a boxing discussion forum? Fuck that Don King wanna be. He has no knowledge of boxing except boxercise workouts, which he use to teach. Please people, this idiot has disgraced MMA, so don't let him disgrace the sweet science here. This world is out of his league and he should never have his name on a thread here TS.

very good assessment. its a big question mark because we havent really seen him fight a slick style boxer who throws a shot at a time and moves. he's always figthing guys that are willing to trade with him (except clottey and the 2nd half of the cotto fight).

imo if you're gonna beat pacquiao. its gonna be in mayweather type of fashion, hit and run. but the thing is..... CAN MAYWEATHER STILL RUN?!

we seen him move alittle in the marquez fight but for the mosley fight, mayweather was planted and not moving back much. freddie roach said it himself. if mayweather doesnt have his legs under him, he's gonna be forced to exchange with pacquiao in order to keep that buzzsaw off of him.... but thats when pacquiao tends to shine, during exchanges :)

I don't know where people get the idea that Floyd is a runner. He's not Pauly Maliggnagi. Floyd has always been a guy that could stand in the pocket with people and time them or make them miss and counter. Only on a few occasions has he used a lot of lateral movement.

And as far as the interview with Roach after the Mosley fight, Roach was talking out of his ass. What was the guy supposed to say...."floyd walked down a big and fast opponent that can punch, we're fucked!"

If Floyd attempts to stand in the pocket and just roll with Pacquaio he will get decimated no doubt about it. Pac throws with far too much speed and intensity. Sequence after sequence of shots from often unorthodox angles with a rhythm and fluidity that makes him impossible to defend against completely. Floyd is smart.. floyd will use efficient movement and attempt to establish his effective range. He could stand in the pocket against Mosely because Mosely was tight, tentative, and looked every bit his 38 years. Standing infront of Pac and letting him tee off is a completely different scenario.

If Floyd attempts to stand in the pocket and just roll with Pacquaio he will get decimated no doubt about it. Pac throws with far too much speed and intensity. Sequence after sequence of shots from often unorthodox angles with a rhythm and fluidity that makes him impossible to defend against completely. Floyd is smart.. floyd will use efficient movement and attempt to establish his effective range. He could stand in the pocket against Mosely because Mosely was tight, tentative, and looked every bit his 38 years. Standing infront of Pac and letting him tee off is a completely different scenario.

So, what would happen if Juan Manuel Marquez stands in the pocket with Pac? Marquez gets decimated? Marquez showed the kind of problems Pac can have against someone that can counterpunch in the pocket. And Floyd is on another level than Marquez.

So, what would happen if Juan Manuel Marquez stands in the pocket with Pac? Marquez gets decimated? Marquez showed the kind of problems Pac can have against someone that can counterpunch in the pocket. And Floyd is on another level than Marquez.

Marquez got knocked down 4 times when he stood and traded with Pac.

It's amusing how people like to bring up Marquez when talking about a guy who handled the Pacquiao assault well, but forget to mention that Dinamita went through hell in both fights and got put on his ass four times.

Well, the reason why JMM has success against Pacquaio is that he was willing to throw fire with fire. Most of Pacquiao's opponents are not willing to do that. Yeah, JMM payed big at times for throwing in-between pacquiao's combos, but it's also the reason he did so well against pacquaio. Mayweather, however, never fights that way and he will not put himself in a position to take shots to get his own. That's not him. So whoever brings that argument that Mayweather will beat Pacquiao because he's a counter puncher like JMM is silly. Mayweather doesn't have the nature, let alone the style to fight like JMM.

Marquez got knocked down 4 times when he stood and traded with Pac.

It's amusing how people like to bring up Marquez when talking about a guy who handled the Pacquiao assault well, but forget to mention that Dinamita went through hell in both fights and got put on his ass four times.

The KDs in both fights doesn't change the fact that JMM boxed Pac's ears in to break even with a draw in the first and a 1pt dec loss in the second. I just don't think the idea that standing in the pocket with Pacquiao makes him unstoppable.

The KDs in both fights doesn't change the fact that JMM boxed Pac's ears in to break even with a draw in the first and a 1pt dec loss in the second. I just don't think the idea that standing in the pocket with Pacquiao makes him unstoppable.

Marquez had his most success in both fights when he kept his distance and countered Pac when he tried to bull in, and when he stepped in under Pac's jab to go to the body, which frustrated Pac whenever he looked to follow the jab with his straight left. Anytime he stood in the pocket to trade with Pacquiao he got hammered.

Pac isn't unstoppable and I believe Mayweather can and probably will beat him, but if he stands in front of Pac and tries to roll with Pac's punches he's going to eat shots.

Back