Dana on Khabib

Yeah. He gets wild and reckless a lot with his striking when looking to close the gap. I've been saying this as well and it mostly just falls on deaf ears. Khabib is a Sambo guy with some wrestling background (cadet level Freestyle wrestling). Nearly all of his takedowns are from close range; from the inside the clinch itself or within clinch range, typical of a Sambist. This is NOT the optimal type of grappler you want to be against McGregor. Mendes was the optimal prototype with his decorated background in Folkstyle wrestling and relying on his Freestyle takedowns (blast double in particular). Khabib doesn't have a double leg like that, in fact, nothing close to it. He doesn't have that explosiveness in his shot like Mendes does to cover the distance quickly and bring a dangerous striker like McGregor down from the outside safely.

Each time he wants a takedown he'll have to potentially (as in very likely) walk through fire to get there, especially since Conor's distance control is so good. Conor is also a good scrambler and he showed it against Siver and Mendes. Khabib is a beast but if his top control was so great then he wouldn't need 10 takedowns a round (or several mat returns which are counted as individual takedowns when they're not, see the Trujillo fight), he'd only need one or maybe two and keep his opponents there flat on their backs smothering them with heavy hips and giving them no space to even create a scramble to pop back up.

I agree with a lot of this, but I think that Khabib would have what it takes to lay and pray and tire Conor out once he got it to the ground.

First and foremost there isn't a vetting in place yet so there has to be a freeze indefinitely. Too many ISIS affilated "refugees" have already invaded Europe especially Germany under the cover of a refugee. If you think the Paris shooting attack was terrible. Just wait in the next few months years. The attacks are going to get worse and more frequent. Mark my words. So the only course of action as of now is a freeze. But eventually there will be ways to vet people coming from places like Syria. The thing is. A lot of them aren't even Syrian. But through vetting processing of language dialects and other cultural vetting. It can be done. I don't know if you have children. You probably don't if I had to guess. But security is kind of a big deal to a lot of people. Especially security against women. I recently have 2 German refugees who moved into my apartment complex. Yes German. 2 women. One of whom was sexually assaulted by a refugee. They are here on a bogus student visa and are planning to stay for a few years until the madness in Germany dies down. These are their words. Not mine. So I guess my finger is on the pulse a lot closer to what you have.

Also about Trump working with Putin to take on ISIS. Watch this.
I can't basically post every video about Trump and tell you why I choose him. Especially if your mind is already made up about him. If you were on the fence. Maybe I would appeal to you. But your mind seems firmly made up. If you want to know more about Trump. Seek him out your damn self.
A freeze? By which you mean the unconstitutional ban that would even affect our own military and that would cost us billions in commerce and the support of a dozen Muslim friendly countries that the U.S. works hand-in-hand with to try to stop terrorists and without their help we have zero chance of success? Yeah, that "Muslim ban", regardless of how temporary, would never, ever happen.

And you just contradicted your whole plan because you can't vett someone who isn't here to vett and once the imaginary ban is lifted (I guess banning travel from certain countries, which could easily be gotten around?) you would be right back to the same problem, which is there is no litmus test for religious belief, let alone the manpower or resources or time to vett.

But I'm done with this exchange. I knew your support would be centered around the ban and other impossibilities. So there is no way anything is coming from future discussion.

Although I'll leave you with this. I don't need to look anything up on Trump, I guarantee you I know way, way more than you do about him. You on the other hand should learn more about him. I hope you do. And try to keep in mind the world is a bit more complicated than a few anecdotal experiences from your apartment complex.

Last edited:
A freeze? By which you mean the unconstitutional ban that would even affect our own military and that would cost us billions in commerce and the support of a dozen Muslim friendly countries that the U.S. works hand-in-hand with to try to stop terrorists and without their help we have zero chance of success? Yeah, that "Muslim ban", regardless of how temporary, would never, ever happen.

And you just contradicted your whole plan because you can't vett someone who isn't here to vett and once the imaginary ban is lifted you would be right back to the same problem, which is there is no litmus test for religious belief, let alone the manpower or resources or time to vett.

But I'm done with this exchange. I knew your support would be centered around the ban and other impossibilities. So there is no way anything is coming from future discussion.

Although I'll leave you with this. I don't need to look anything up on Trump, I guarantee you I know way, way more than you do about him. You on the other hand should learn more about him. I hope you do. And try to keep in mind the world is a bit more complicated than a few anecdotal experiences from your apartment complex.
No. I believe i know more about Trump than you do. I know the good, bad and ugly. There are things Trump has done that I don't exactly like. I don't like how he gave contributions to the Clinton family in the past. I don't like how he would kick a family off their land so he could develop a golf course. He is an ego maniac. I know this. But I weigh in the good with the bad. And the good outweigh the bad for me.

I have friends that don't like Trump long before he was running for president. Back and before even his days on the apprentice. They say sure he may say a few good things but they still just don't like the guy. That's fine. They have their opinion of him.

Not once did you mention who you were supporting. But you seem like a smart guy. I'd probably say you support Bernie Sanders. Am I right? Whether youre gonna vote for him or not. If u were. You'd lean in that direction. Also I feel you're a younger fellow and you don't have any children. Am I right about that?

But the Trump hater friends that I do have love this epic beat down Trump puts on that fat unfunny slob Rosie O donnel. If you can't appreciate this video. We could never be friends irl. Lol.

Dana is talking about Frankie's manager here.

He just had surgery, you dense fuck. Jesus, as a "MMA fan", you should do some research, that way you don't sound like a dumb fuck.

You are Dense 2.0.
Relax.. I didn't mean to upset Edgars #1 Fanboy. Unlike you I don't follow his every move on twitter/IG.

McGregor would of fought through it though

But the Trump hater friends that I do have love this epic beat down Trump puts on that fat unfunny slob Rosie O donnel. If you can't appreciate this video. We could never be friends irl. Lol.
That you posted that out of pride not shame for a candidate for POTUS illustrates why no more conversation was needed and how I knew how the last one would go. This is just sad. You are voting for President, not Funniest Home videos.

But please keep that video in mind when considering how a guy with Trump's temperament would do handling delicate matters of foreign affairs. Anyway, this thread has been off topic long enough. And I'm done now either way.

Last edited:
It's an obvious duck on Conors part. They have a guy at the correct weight and ready 10 days out why in HELL wouldn't they (UFC + Conor) want the fight? Also the highest ranked fighter that is available. Also, taking a shot at Frankie and his manager is bush league as usual. Why should Frankie get shit for not being able to take a fight he wasn't scheduled for? UFC is a big joke with their fight scheduling. Conor don't want none of that Russian wrestler.

It a gimme fight against the least dangerous guy they could find.

BUT that's Danas doing more than Conor.

Dana protects and grants favours to his golden boy more than anyone. Unless there was some casting couch action it all on Dana.

Conor probably wanted a real fight I reckon.

From a promoter's standpoint, it's senseless to make Khabib vs Conor until one of them has the belt. That fight needs to be a title fight or it shouldn't happen.

Didnt he contradict himself here?

"His manager wants the fight"..."these managers don't want the fight"
try engaging your brain guys. he was talking about khabib AND the general situation

read some of the other threads if you can't figure that out

try engaging your brain guys. he was talking about khabib AND the general situation

read some of the other threads if you can't figure that out
My point is that he could had worded this better. He clearly had no problem going on tv and being specific

My point is that he could had worded this better. He clearly had no problem going on tv and being specific
aye ok I cannot argue with that, but often people quote only a part of what he is saying and don't include the conversation that led to it including the question, and of course he's constantly having to answer variations of the same question, similar questions with different permutations and of course it's a live situation that's always developing.

Take for example Nate first tweeting that Mcgregor would have to beg him for the fight, and then his "friend" tweeting that the offer wasn't even in the ballpark of what he would want to make 155 on 12days notice, and then another tweet saying the UFC weren't willing to do the fight at 165 or something

then Nate gets the fight.

how the hell does Dana deal with that when it's like that and all these others fighters, trainers and managers are saying one thing, saying another, backtracking, covering for their fighters then changing their stance once Mcgregor has an opponent? it's crazy and I don't think a few poorly worded sentences are a fair assessment of Dana, even if he does say retarded stuff on the regular

Last edited:
Dana lying as per usual.

Why doesn't he just tell the truth...

Pffft kebab had one good win, one. He also hasnt fought in 2 years. He needs to earn that fight.

The funniest part is that Dana says Khabib is on the fox card, like he can't pull him off that card. What a load

lol his reason for not choosing khabib is because he's been out for two years

da fuk how does that even make sense. he's still ranked #1 you goof

he shouldnt be ranked 1

if you dont fightf or over a year you should be removed from the rankings, champs stripped of titles

You have to be a Trump supporter. Your post caused the reaction in me that hearing one of then talk does.
Hardly! I was making fun of Dana's rationale. Dana probably sports trump, I don't care for either one.

Hardly! I was making fun of Dana's rationale. Dana probably sports trump, I don't care for either one.
My bad, I thought you were defending that reasoning, not mocking it. I miss the sarcasm sometimes online just because of the weird times people aren't being sarcastic. Again, my fault.

he starts out saying they refused khabib the fight and then ends it saying the manager turned it down? make up your mind dana
i was confused by that as well. He's like how dare khabib think he can fight conor....HOW COME NO ONE WILL FIGHT CONOR

Back