Dana on Khabib

Its obvious why the UFC doesn't want this fight. Khabib is a nightmare matchup for Conor. I understand why they're ducking Khabib.

Last edited:
Its obvious why the UFC doesn't want this fight. Khabib is nightmare matchup for Conor. I understand why they're ducking Khabib.

It's an obvious duck on Conors part. They have a guy at the correct weight and ready 10 days out why in HELL wouldn't they (UFC + Conor) want the fight? Also the highest ranked fighter that is available. Also, taking a shot at Frankie and his manager is bush league as usual. Why should Frankie get shit for not being able to take a fight he wasn't scheduled for? UFC is a big joke with their fight scheduling. Conor don't want none of that Russian wrestler.

"If he shows up" - and that right there is the very reason why it's a huge gamble.

Maybe so, but he has not fought in two years. I cannot recall who he fought last, I'd need to look it up.
I would still lay money on the eagle to beat Conor. I wonder what the odds would be?

It's an obvious duck on Conors part. They have a guy at the correct weight and ready 10 days out why in HELL wouldn't they (UFC + Conor) want the fight? Also the highest ranked fighter that is available. Also, taking a shot at Frankie and his manager is bush league as usual. Why should Frankie get shit for not being able to take a fight he wasn't scheduled for? UFC is a big joke with their fight scheduling. Conor don't want none of that Russian wrestler.
While I agree that he wouldn't be too keen on taking the fight I can guarantee you it was never offered and squashed by ufc long before that.

They don't want him to fight khabib right now

good business sense

No HESPECT AT ALL!

I didn't know Khabib was with Ali?

Anyway, it's a huge risk for the ufc and they don't want Conor losing, though really if anything they were ever to make this fight, it would benefit Conor having it now, with Khabib coming of a huge lay off. but they probably would want khabib on ufc 200 as a rematch and cant have that as he wants time off for ramadan

DANA SCARED!

At least Dana has quit attempting to veil his bullshit, he embraces it.

make this fight for the interim
Why in the FUCK would they want another interim belt?
It's not like RDA has been inactive a la Cain or missed multiple fights like Aldo did.

Dana doesn't like the matchup, that is all, nothing to see here.

Didnt he contradict himself here?

"His manager wants the fight"..."these managers don't want the fight"
Why would you put something in quotes that's not an actual quote from what was posted?? Kenny.... You're slipping bro.

Didnt he contradict himself here?

"His manager wants the fight"..."these managers don't want the fight"
He's referring to Edgar.. and he's right. Edgar has been desperate in the way he's been calling McGregor lately then once he's offered the fight he's supposedly injured

Why would you put something in quotes that's not an actual quote from what was posted?? Kenny.... You're slipping bro.
That doesn't make sense.

And I was paraphrasing. I didn't realize he was talking about Frankie either. He probably could had chosen his words better. Maybe something like "everybody but khabib"

he starts out saying they refused khabib the fight and then ends it saying the manager turned it down? make up your mind dana
It does sound like he is talking out both ends. It's possible he means Khabib is not possible, and there are plenty of other people but managers keep coming up with why it can't happen while talking about wanting it.

he starts out saying they refused khabib the fight and then ends it saying the manager turned it down? make up your mind dana

My thoughts extactly.

Which one is it? You don't allow him to fight because he's scheduled to fight on FOX, or you offered them the fight and they turned it down.

Khabib pulled out of his last 4 fights.
It doesn't make any sense to book him for the main event.
That would be double jeopardy if he pulled out again.

His reasoning was because he's set to a FOX card because he's a high profile fighter and he doesn't want to fuck fox.

Reading comprehension
While that may be true, he'd have more time to fix that and put a good replacement and bigger name-value (i.e. Cowboy or Pettis) and I bet Fox would not complain.
Besides, we both know this is a poor excuse.
Because Zuffa would take him if this was a good match-up for Conor

Khabib pulled out of his last 4 fights.
It doesn't make any sense to book him for the main event.
That would be double jeopardy if he pulled out again.

Plus he asked for more time for this fight, so he can be ready
He was supposed to be on this card.
If he was on the card, he would have gotten the shot obviously.
He fucked himself

Back