Dana Never Bothered to Roast Henry Cejudo in the media when he retired

shit talk olympic athelete while running f level cock fighting organization? okay...

lol.

Cejudo got a gold medal, 30k? and then had to find a job.

In six years with the UFC he was able to retire before the age of 35.

Thats a good point actually, I can’t think of anyone who retired and Dana blasted them for it.
Dana has been pretty consistent with saying if your heart isn't in it then you shouldn't be fighting anymore.

i remember when henry announced that he was retiring, it seemed very serious at the time, and maybe that's why dana didn't say anything. it could be he truly thought he was done. so why talk crap about someone who's done fighting? i think most of us now feel like he'll be back.
Definitely agree with that last part. As for the first, I think maybe Dana didn’t bother roasting him not out of respect, but rather out of spite. I mean, 1) Cejudo made his announcement without talking to Dana first, and 2) presumably did it for financial leverage, thinking the UFC would beg him to reconsider. Obviously Dana called his bluff, and less than an hour later had already announced an interim title fight. As we’ve now seen with CCC, Jones and others, the UFC is more than happy to walk away from guys, especially people like Cejudo who don’t really move the needle.

I think Henry will regret retiring, he needs to come back sooner rather than later if he wants to accomplish more in the sport

I think Henry will regret retiring, he needs to come back sooner rather than later if he wants to accomplish more in the sport
Doesn't he want money?

I think the competition wears on people that have been competing at a high level for that long, but it seems stupid to pass up on the money

He did say he was disappointed or something like that. But not surprised how Dana hasn't mentioned him since.

Cejudo wasn't pulling major ppv numbers like another GSP and Jones fight would...

Definitely agree with that last part. As for the first, I think maybe Dana didn’t bother roasting him not out of respect, but rather out of spite. I mean, 1) Cejudo made his announcement without talking to Dana first, and 2) presumably did it for financial leverage, thinking the UFC would beg him to reconsider. Obviously Dana called his bluff, and less than an hour later had already announced an interim title fight. As we’ve now seen with CCC, Jones and others, the UFC is more than happy to walk away from guys, especially people like Cejudo who don’t really move the needle.

very true. good points.

Too small fry for Dana. To a guy like Henry thats the ultimate insult, he expected a big reaction but nobody cared lol.

nobody, not even Dana White, cares about Henry Cejudo

There was no money to be made with Cejudo. DJ was gone, so no need for a trilogy, and people didn't care about 125. TJ was out with the suspension so no telling how long until he could return for a fight, and again, not much interest in that rematch from the casuals. He fought Cruz, Aldo was coming off of a loss. Cody was still on a losing streak and Faber had just lost.

350k per fight to be a champ that nobody wants to see? Why trash him on his way out?

Back