Dana: "Melendez will probably fight for the title, Cormier might be next for Bones"

I say give him a tune up at 205 before going in there possibly gassed or depleted.

you can watch the scrum in english on mma fighting.

instead of translating a translation

It's hilarious that in every interview about who gets the next shot at lhw it's always: "who will fight Jones next." Dana is totally writing off Sonnen and this shows what a joke the fight he is. I can't believe he isn't even trying to pretend.

"[Cormier] is going to bring a lot of excitement to the heavyweight or light heavyweight division," White said following Saturday night's UFC 155 event in Las Vegas. "And he could be next in line to fight (Jon) Jones."

Though there was a thread on here earlier where Cormier was saying he may stay at HW even after the Cain win.

Cormier vs Jones sounds right, the winner gets a title shot against chael sonnen at UFC 170

Dana completely ignores the fact that bones has an upcomming title defence.

I'm glad Gilbert is getting a shot. I've been a fan of his for years and he's been on top of the SF mountain for a long time. It's time to see how he stacks up against the best of the best and see just how for real he is.

Put Melendez against Gray Maynard or 155 BJ Penn

Last edited:
This is why sherdog members are mostly idiots. Rather than use their brain and give Dana the benefit of the doubt (since he answers the same questions over and over month after month year after year) that his answers will sometimes be the cliffs notes version. Assume he understands that bones has a fight coming up...

Cormier would give Bones a tough fight and Gil has a very good shot at beating the champ, that's all im going to say.

So... If Henderson beats Machida, he still may not get the shot that he earned over a year ago?

I never thought I'd be able to hate the idea of Jones/Cormier, but it's happening. It's Aldo/Edgar, GSP/Diaz and Jones/Sonnen all over again. An awesome fight, but I don't know why they couldn't wait until it made even the slightest bit of sense, and didn't screw legitimate contenders out of their well-earned (and in Henderson's case, long overdue) shots at the belt.

So... If Henderson beats Machida, he still may not get the shot that he earned over a year ago?

I never thought I'd be able to hate the idea of Jones/Cormier, but it's happening. It's Aldo/Edgar, GSP/Diaz and Jones/Sonnen all over again. An awesome fight, but I don't know why they couldn't wait until it made even the slightest bit of sense, and didn't screw legitimate contenders out of their well-earned (and in Henderson's case, long overdue) shots at the belt.

Don't worry guy, Hendo won't get past Lyoto.

It's the trickiest possible match up for him

I say give him a tune up at 205 before going in there possibly gassed or depleted.

That would be the right move to let him diet slowly and be 100% against JBJ
We don't want a watered down Cormier to face Jones and ruin the excitement

Melendez vs Benson sounds good, I see what's going to happen with Chael and JBJ, Chael gets scratched from the fight and Cormier steps in as the replacement just like Barao did for Cruz. Brilliant, can't wait to see JBJ's reaction.

Back