Dana:"McGregor will get the next lw title shot if he wins tonight. Khabib will do what he’s told."

Has the rematch been signed yet ? Khabib will just walk away or if dana trys strip him then good luck with that shit storm he will get from the fans.
lol what shitstorm, people will whine online and then cream their pants one week later when Conor vs Tony is announced.

Fucking bullshit media twisting words around like bored housewives

Danassumptions; apparently Khabib has already beaten Tony, Conor will beat Cerrone and Khabib will do as he's told because he is such an easy guy to deal with.

"Khabib will do what he's told."

giphy.gif

Its a win win for dana no matter what happens

Khabib accepts rematch and wins - Rematch money, milks khabib a bit more and keeps conor on WW
Khabib accepts rematch and loses - "OMG CONOR IS THE BEST FIGHTER IN THE UNIVERSE" + fans go full turbo hyper-retard mode
Khabib declines fight / dana doesnt give him any other fights - khabib retires, conor still gets a title shot, retard fans say hes scared
Khabib declines fight / dana strips him from title - khabib retires or goes for title again, either rematch happens or khabib disappears and conor gets title shot

Whoa, I wonder if they are literally just going to hand Conor the belt and claim he is the best FW/LW/WW ever in the history of everything.

So basically Dana is betting on Khabib beating Tony?

I think Dana knows Khabib will just retire if he tries to make him fight Conor, because Khabib doesnt think Conor deserves a title shot beating a guy that's coming off two loses, and understandably so.

Seems like a strategy to force a fight, or open the division back up by getting rid of the guy nobody will probably beat.

this is not what he said you idiot .
as usual you fanboys are listening from your asses and not from where you should

I get why people would be upset with this, but the numbers say something different. If the majority "casuals" want it, it's going to happen. Hardcores are a market that will be there for every fight. It's the one's that buy-in in addition to that base they're after. This is why it makes sense to them

At the end of the day it is still business and who makes the most money and that’s how it is.

See post below, admittedly didn't know / remember this myself.

DJ told Dana to fuck off when he tried to force the TJ fight. Dana said he had to take it or he would shut down the entire division. DJ told him no. And Dana backed down. There was no stripping or repercussions whatsoever until DJ legitimately lost the title.

Thanks for pointing that out.
I think there's no way Khabib is gonna play along, no matter how much money Dana offers.

First of all he is genuinely convinced that Conor does not deserve to fight for the title and he has already proven that he is on another level entirely.
Secondly, he knows that the greatest punishment for Conor is to simply not grant him the rematch. Khabib took his manhood that night and I think it's killing him.

So what's Conor / Dana gonna do? No LW titleshot as long as he has to get past Khabib.
FW impossible to make weight at this point.
WW he knows he's gonna get stomped, he won't take that risk. I think he's fucked unless Dana creates McGregor weight.

why would conor want to fight the former champ?

yea... khabib aint playing that game with Dana. And if they strip him and give conor the belt every single person and fighter would know it's hollow and he is not the champ. it will still eat at his soul

Conor is talking about fighting in March. Lets see how it plays out. He is saying he wants to be active so lets hope he is serious..

yea... khabib aint playing that game with Dana. And if they strip him and give conor the belt every single person and fighter would know it's hollow and he is not the champ. it will still eat at his soul
What soul?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
durbanik916
Back