Dana: "Maybe Fedor was the best in the world. I don't know."

Fedor's TDD wasn't that great. Brock would take down Fedor at will and his GnP is very scary.

Fedor's weakness = Brock's strength

Brock has a fantastic chin, but he reacts poorly when he gets tagged HARD. Fedor hits hard and has fast hands.

Brock's weakness = Fedor's strength

It's very winnable fight for both, anyone who disagrees is an idiot or a biased fanboy

Best post on here i awhile. Nice work.

If Dana thought Fedor was as rubbish as he always said he was,

what on God created universe does it make any sense for him to offer as much money as Dana implies that he offered Fedor?

Doesn't matter if he's shit or not. What matters is PPV buys. If he had brought in 2m PPV buys for Brock v. Fedor, he would have been worth at least $5m for that fight.

Sad to see so many people hating and doubting Fedor. I understand if you're not a huge fan, but i think people fail to recognize just how good he is and they bash him.

This was taken today

9049280.jpg

A man that size, with the grappling he had would always be a threat to someone

Wait, Cain made your "GOAT" breakdance, and he says Fedor's GOAT.

Brock "Master of the Fetal Position" Lesnar. At least Fedor fights back when he gets hit.

Haven't your ilk gone back to WWE yet?

Fedor didn't fight back when Hendo hit him.

Cain said that to be nice.

Brock would have taken him down and pounded him just like Bigfoot did.

Nice avatar fan boy.

Reem was already the HW champion in the same organization Fedor was in. Seems logical they should have fought no?

Do you forget when Reem was doing his thing in Japan and with K-1, thats where most of his time went and is the reason it took 3 years to defened his title.

Remember the strikeforce poll that had 95% of people had Reem or Fedor winning, it was expected, they both new it was a possibility.

Fedor all day!

Maybe, Dana is just intentionally downplaying Fedor, his career and skillset. Maybe, he is just saying that because he knows how stupid most of his public statements and seemingly honest view of Fedor have been. Maybe, he is finally starting to somewhat admit his actual opinion of Fedor. Maybe, I don't know because Dana would probably not acknowledge his honest opinion of Fedor and admit that he was full of shit about Fedor in in the past.

Who knows. Maybe, if Dana were to have hired Fedor, he would have been saying that Fedor is the greatest ever because he would have been a UFC fighter. That's probably why Dana looks at it now and is like "Goddamn."

there's a lot of "maybe" around Fedor's legacy, but Fedor is the one who ducked any and all opportunities to answer these questions, so I see now reason to give him the benefit of the doubt. He's a can-crusher who seemed to have a lot of talent, but we'll never know how good he really was.

Thats simply wrong. He fought some fights against less skilled opponents but thats how pride rolled back then and his fights aren't even freakish compared to other matches made in japan. And you actually can watch his fights against big nog and crocop which both would have dominated UFCs shallow HW div at that time to see how good he really was. But I guess you just gonna continue believing everything dana tells you.

there's a lot of "maybe" around Fedor's legacy, but Fedor is the one who ducked any and all opportunities to answer these questions, so I see now reason to give him the benefit of the doubt. He's a can-crusher who seemed to have a lot of talent, but we'll never know how good he really was.

Not really, just about the only champions in the UFC during his win streak were Randy and Brock, and does anyone really wonder much about how those fights would have gone? The only "maybe's" come from people who were all hyped up on the UFC always being the most important proving grounds, when in reality for Heavyweights it wasn't, not until 2010/2011

Fedor/Lesnar was about as close to a 50/50 fight as it gets. Fedor could have easily hit him and sent him dancing, and Lesnar could have easily taken him down and stopped him. Either way, it would have been one sided, depending on who got off first.

Shame we didn't see that fight. The hype and everything with it would have been out of control, would have easily been the biggest fight in the history of the sport.

I don't know how anyone who's seen the Bigfoot fight can say that Brock/Fedor would have been a joke fight. Brock had a great chance at being able to take the fight to the mat and keep Fedor down and just maul him the way Bigfoot did

Massive Fedor fan here and I agree if brock was able to get on top, which was a big possibility, Fedor was far superior in every aspect of MMA aside from the wrestling and Size would have been a big issue.

But I believe that after getting hit a few times by fedor Brock would have folded, just like he did vs Overeem and Cain. Silva is a gamer and was able to take a few shots and still pushed for that td and top control.

That fight was entirely a demonstration about big fighter vs small fighter though, and it very well could have happened if Fedor did fight Brock. I still laugh at how Bigfoot stated it was all skill afterwards, giving himself a big pat on the back, when all he did was use his size to advantage.

How does Brock finish or survive Fedor? Control him for a round? maybe? but finish? lmao.

Its not too late you know....

UFC Russia....put him on the card....make it happen Dana...

Fedor/Lesnar was about as close to a 50/50 fight as it gets. Fedor could have easily hit him and sent him dancing, and Lesnar could have easily taken him down and stopped him. Either way, it would have been one sided, depending on who got off first.

Shame we didn't see that fight. The hype and everything with it would have been out of control, would have easily been the biggest fight in the history of the sport.

It would have changed the sport in my opinion. That fight was so ripe for the making, its truly a travesty things went down the way they did.

Not to mention how many new fans it would bring to the sport.

I don't know how anyone who's seen brocks fights with velasquez and overeem could think brock would have had a great chance at that or any time in his career against fedor. Lesnar isn't BF. No disrespect to lesnar but bigfoot actually can take a punch.

Go watch the Carwin fight buddy, Lesnar is a tough son of a bitch. Fedor would've beaten him though, probably via armbar.

Wow, are you kidding me? Did you see what Bigfoot did to Fedor's face?

Bigfoot is a bjj black belt, Brock is not. Brock could probably take him down, Mark Coleman did too eventually. Fedor would either submit him or threaten to get back up. Hell at the end of round 2, Fedor escaped and attempted a hold on Bigfoot, Lesnar would have probably been tapped there lol

Bigfoot is a bjj black belt, Brock is not. Brock could probably take him down, Mark Coleman did too eventually. Fedor would either submit him or threaten to get back up. Hell at the end of round 2, Fedor escaped and attempted a hold on Bigfoot, Lesnar would have probably been tapped there lol

Only person he was ever submitted by was Mir, the same guy that became the first to submit Nogueira. He rematched that BJJ black belt and destroyed him from top position. Fedor had trouble grappling with Brett Rogers, you really think it'd be a walk in the park for him to grapple with Lesnar? Lesnar's lunchbox fists would've closed Fedor's eye shut.

Go watch the Carwin fight buddy, Lesnar is a tough son of a bitch. Fedor would've beaten him though, probably via armbar.

Bigfoot doesn't have a great chin, but he can take a punch. Physically he can't take biggest punches, however mentally he can, thats where Lesnar's inexperience held him back. Psychologically he couldn't take shots, physically he's got a pretty damn good chin.

Back