Dana: "Maybe Fedor was the best in the world. I don't know."

Wait! You hear that? Its the ghosts of Pride fans finally able to make peace and go to heaven. Dana said "IT"....

Who cares what he says, he's just some desk jockey pencil pusher who's never stepped into the cage in his life and he wants to sound brash saying curse words a million times in a sentence like he has earned the right to curse so much.

IIRC it's not the first time he's done this. In the next couple of weeks he'll probably go back to his usual stance when asked about Fedor.

Your right I'm so glad we got to see him fight that tire mechanic instead...

This is why I can't accept him as GOAT.. He was great and the HW GOAT for sure but while he beat top guys in the world like Nog, Cro Cop and Coleman he fought many guys we never heard much of and weren't as high competition where as GSP (And for the most part Silva too) always fought big names

Also doesn't help considering his Strikeforce career

I don't know how anyone who's seen the Bigfoot fight can say that Brock/Fedor would have been a joke fight. Brock had a great chance at being able to take the fight to the mat and keep Fedor down and just maul him the way Bigfoot did

Because Bigfoot got a high mount on Fedor and had great positioning with his top control while Fedor tried to escape....thats high level BJJ which Brock doesnt have. Brock would be in Fedors gaurd. Not saying he couldnt TKO Fedor, but its just a whole different scenario with Bigfoot......not the same thing

Hard to knock someone out if you're on your back.

Fedor fans will never admit it, but Brock did have a good chance of winning. Fedor rightfully should probably have been the favourite, but it was a winnable fight for Brock and not just this 100% guaranteed win for Fedor

Its also hard to take somebody down if you are turned into fetal position. Hell he didn't even try to shoot one good double in his last fight and im not a lesnar hater. I actually think the guy had tons of potential, just not enough time.

Fedor's TDD wasn't that great. Brock would take down Fedor at will and his GnP is very scary.

Fedor's weakness = Brock's strength

Brock has a fantastic chin, but he reacts poorly when he gets tagged HARD. Fedor hits hard and has fast hands.

Brock's weakness = Fedor's strength

It's very winnable fight for both, anyone who disagrees is an idiot or a biased fanboy

Fedor's TDD wasn't that great. Brock would take down Fedor at will and his GnP is very scary.

Fedor's weakness = Brock's strength

Brock has a fantastic chin, but he reacts poorly when he gets tagged HARD. Fedor hits hard and has fast hands.

Brock's weakness = Fedor's strength

It's very winnable fight for both, anyone who disagrees is an idiot or a biased fanboy

The fact they are saying Cain embarrassed him like its something bad... Look what Cain did to Bigfoot TWICE. A guy that pummelled fedor in the 2nd round.

Would of Been a great fight for UFC 100 main event... Anyone that thinks one fighter would win 9/10 is a moron.

safe to say now that fedor isn't competing anymore. Its just business

there's a lot of "maybe" around Fedor's legacy, but Fedor is the one who ducked any and all opportunities to answer these questions, so I see now reason to give him the benefit of the doubt. He's a can-crusher who seemed to have a lot of talent, but we'll never know how good he really was.

Very good post. It 100% sums up my view of Fedor too.

I don't know how anyone who's seen the Bigfoot fight can say that Brock/Fedor would have been a joke fight. Brock had a great chance at being able to take the fight to the mat and keep Fedor down and just maul him the way Bigfoot did

Yes he had a chance. Despite the ground and pound he took, Fedor attempted both a kimura and a toe hold in the second round. Lesnars BJJ defense is not comparable to Bigfoots, however then again Lesnars positional control is probably better than Bigfoots, who knows if Fedor would have got to the same position.

I personally didn't see Lesnar being able to wade through the initial burst from Fedor without backpedaling and turtling.

This is why I can't accept him as GOAT.. He was great and the HW GOAT for sure but while he beat top guys in the world like Nog, Cro Cop and Coleman he fought many guys we never heard much of and weren't as high competition where as GSP (And for the most part Silva too) always fought big names

Also doesn't help considering his Strikeforce career

Hardy is only a big name due to his talk and british popularity. He was never a great fighter and GSP embarrassingly couldnt finish him when he had him in multiple dominant positions. Do u really think Hardy was better fighter than someone like Semmy?
WW Serra wasnt a big name. Just b/c he outstruck and made GSP tap to strikes doesnt mean he was some world beater or high level competition.

Then theres Strasser, Mayhem, Spratt
Fighters like Kos, Alves, Sherk, Trigg, Diaz arent exactly worlds better than Coleman, Sylvia, Arlovski, Hunt, Rizzo

And Anderson always fighting big name competition........LOL
Leites, Irvin, Cote, Lutter, Bonnar(being a big name b/c u lost a sloppy fight doesnt make u a high level competition, he wasnt even top 30 @ LHW), Fryklund

UFC had alot more media and hype backing their fighters

Hahaha. Brock would have lost mentally. He was hopeless. Oh he beat Mir and a gassed out Darwin, what a dynamite opponent for Fedor. Ridiculous discussion! And let's face it - Dana is branding. That's all, I bet as an mma fan he was eager to watch Fedors fights.. just in hiding.

Right after Cain and JDS go on record saying Fedors the GOAT Dana follows up with this. Classic Dana lol

Fedor VS Brock was a joke fight

Yeah, they said Fedor v. Silva was a joke fight as well. Um, not so fast.

Was Brock overrated? Yup. But at the end, Fedor wasn't invincible by ANY stretch - he lost to a fucking MW retaining WW for fuck sake - and to say a guy with Brock's size didn't have a shot ... proves you're a hater. But yeah, that victory over Hong Man Choi? Wow. Top five for sure...

I think he was #1, but you can't deny he had the chance to fight Brock and didn't take it. I think he would have won that fight, for the record

Because Bigfoot got a high mount on Fedor and had great positioning with his top control while Fedor tried to escape....thats high level BJJ which Brock doesnt have. Brock would be in Fedors gaurd. Not saying he couldnt TKO Fedor, but its just a whole different scenario with Bigfoot......not the same thing

You're right it's not the same thing. Bigfoot lost positions because he tried to advance which gave Fedor openings. His attempts did lead to success like mount mount, but I remember Fedor scrabbled back to advantageous positions just as many times because BF was trying to advance too much

We've already seen Brock will get a position and just hold it and pound from there. Ergo, Fedor has less chances to escape

The main thing though from the Bigfoot was that we saw a big strong grappler can control Fedor. No reason not to think Brock couldn't possibly do the same (note not WOULD have).

I'm not saying Brock would have won, but he did have the chance that if he got the take down, he could have been able to control Fedor and pound him out. Goes reverse that Fedor could have knocked him out or subbed him

Hard to knock someone out if you're on your back.

Fedor fans will never admit it, but Brock did have a good chance of winning. Fedor rightfully should probably have been the favourite, but it was a winnable fight for Brock and not just this 100% guaranteed win for Fedor

I think Fedor would have rightfully been about a 2:1 favorite based on the way Brock acts when he gets hit. But of course Brock could have won via wrestling, Fedors grappling had greatly deteriorated by that point.

Edit: at the time I thought Brock would probably win, I knew Fedor's grappling was worse but didn't know Brock couldn't stand getting punched.

Back