Dana: "Maybe Fedor was the best in the world. I don't know."

What's with these 2011 blue belt Lesnar avs? Bet they posted on here 20+ times a day til Reem horse-kicked him in the colon.

Speaking of Reem, there's another fighter Fedor ran and ducked.

Fedor was/is absolutely amazing.

If the UFC had not tried to bend him over the table we could have saw him in the octagon. However I am just fine with how things have played out for the most part.

A true legend without question.

I disagree, Fedor was trying to bend the UFC over the table. He was offered a huge amount of money, but he demanded co-promotion. That is a non-starter, and a 100% deal killer.

Fedor would have destroyed Brock. It definitely would have been one of his easier fights. Brock folds when he gets hit by power punchers and Fedor hits like a truck.

Hahaha fedor would have destroyed brock. That would be some tim sylvia sht.

Lol that's dana's way of saying he was the best. He can't admit he was wrong and he has always known that Fedor is the GOAT. He can't deny it anymore but he also can't say he was the best for sure because that would make him look bad..

I don't know how anyone who's seen brocks fights with velasquez and overeem could think brock would have had a great chance at that or any time in his career against fedor. Lesnar isn't BF. No disrespect to lesnar but bigfoot actually can take a punch.

Hard to knock someone out if you're on your back.

Fedor fans will never admit it, but Brock did have a good chance of winning. Fedor rightfully should probably have been the favourite, but it was a winnable fight for Brock and not just this 100% guaranteed win for Fedor

What about p4p. That is what Dana always was so pissed about.

there's a lot of "maybe" around Fedor's legacy, but Fedor is the one who ducked any and all opportunities to answer these questions, so I see now reason to give him the benefit of the doubt. He's a can-crusher who seemed to have a lot of talent, but we'll never know how good he really was.

Fedor never had good takedown defense, so he was very susceptible to Lesnar's grappling. He couldn't sweep or get out from under Bigfoot.

If Fedor kept his distance, he'd have a good chance at TKO'ing Brock.

Fedor was/is absolutely amazing.

If the UFC had not tried to bend him over the table we could have saw him in the octagon. However I am just fine with how things have played out for the most part.

A true legend without question.

How the hell did the UFC try and bend Fedor over the table??? They offered far more than he's worth, and let him do his sambo, and gave a bunch of other concessions.

All they did was tell him to go fuck himself when his team asked for co-promotion. Same deal they'd tell anybody. No fighter is worth half the profits of an entire event

Wait, Cain made your "GOAT" breakdance, and he says Fedor's GOAT.

Brock "Master of the Fetal Position" Lesnar. At least Fedor fights back when he gets hit.

Haven't your ilk gone back to WWE yet?

Brock was never the "GOAT", but he was a bad matchup for Fedor.

Sorry, my "ilk" was never in the WWE, but we are following all the other amateur wrestlers dominating MMA. Thank you very much.

Fedor was the best of his era, but he wouldn't remain undefeated if he faced a steady diet of today's top heavyweights. Some of you Fedor fans are so insecure. Fedor had a great career, maybe the greatest in MMA. Stop mythmaking and give him credit for achieving greatness for what he was. Just a man.

I disagree, Fedor was trying to bend the UFC over the table. He was offered a huge amount of money, but he demanded co-promotion. That is a non-starter, and a 100% deal killer.

For your and others consideration:

Fedor: ‘The offer we got from the UFC was really miserable’

“The offer that we got was of one kind, and then on the Internet they published absolutely different numbers,” explained Emelianenko. “The offer that we got from them was really miserable.”

http://fiveouncesofpain.com/2009/08/06/fedor-the-offer-we-got-from-the-ufc-was-really-miserable/

I have no doubt the UFC was attempting to corner Fedor into a contract which was completely one-sided, unfair, and mostly if not entirely beneficial to Zuffa in any and all forms imaginable.

He entered the same tournament as overeem did. How is that ducking?

Reem was already the HW champion in the same organization Fedor was in. Seems logical they should have fought no?

Hard to knock someone out if you're on your back.

Fedor fans will never admit it, but Brock did have a good chance of winning. Fedor rightfully should probably have been the favourite, but it was a winnable fight for Brock and not just this 100% guaranteed win for Fedor

Pretty much this.

This place was actually quite divided at the time as to who would win that fight.

I picked Lesnar then.

Knowing what I know now, about both of them at that time, it could be either way.

Reem was already the HW champion in the same organization Fedor was in. Seems logical they should have fought no?

Overeem was fighting in Strikeforce like once in 2 years before the tourney. Even then, he quit it.

Back