Dana lies again. Conor didn't say he is out for 10 months.

i havnt even seen much promotion for ufc 207. the only preview i did see was just a ronda commercial none with nunes. But it doesnt seem like they are putting much promotion out for this card at all

I'm actually seeing quite a bit of promotion...They are promoting it on fox, sports 1 a ton...especially during any ufc events or talk shows...

I'm actually seeing quite a bit of promotion...They are promoting it on fox, sports 1 a ton...especially during any ufc events or talk shows...
yea i dont watch much fox i guess, i did see them pump it during the last fight card on fox this weekend tho, but it was all ronda, pretty much no mention of nunes which was weird, but they know where the money is in that fight

I recall in the post fight interview, Conner said both March and May, and he was taking time off. I love giving Dana shit, but if Conner wasn't taking time off until his child was born, why did he say anything? Conner is upset that there is an interim in both his weight classes now. I understand.
Dana is hard to stomach a lot, but not this time.

I recall in the post fight interview, Conner said both March and May, and he was taking time off. I love giving Dana shit, but if Conner wasn't taking time off until his child was born, why did he say anything? Conner is upset that there is an interim in both his weight classes now. I understand.
Dana is hard to stomach a lot, but not this time.

There is no LW interim champion....Conor just won the LW title. How could they even think about doing that?

After that victory, McGregor said he would be having his first child in the first half of next year and would be taking some time off. Since learning the baby is due in May, not March as he originally thought, McGregor said he might not be taking much of a layoff after all. He said he isn't sure why UFC president Dana White has been saying he'll be out for 10 months.

"As far as a break, I don't know," McGregor said. "I know Dana has been on record, being like, '10 months — he's taking 10 months off.' Where did you [get] 10 months?"

What McGregor wants is the UFC, and more specifically new parent company WME-IMG, to offer him an equity share of the promotion. "The Notorious" said he doesn't want to come back until that discussion happens.

"I just don't know," McGregor said. "I'm weighing up my options. But again, I expect that conversation. I expect them to fly that jet to me. Ari, Patrick, the new owners from WME-IMG, the guys that bought the UFC for $4 billion, I want to speak to them. I want to see what their plan is. Because right now I don't know what nobody's plan is."

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/12/...fc-never-contacted-me-about-relinquishing-the

Dana's position is just spin to prevent public pressure to renegotiate with Mcgregor.

Maybe the first time I have ever defended Dana right here. It seems a "reasonable" conclusion to me given the normal term of a pregnancy last 9 months, and given 1 month additional to prepare for fighting to come up with 10. Please do not go on record as saying it makes any sense to cut short his support of his significant other until full term is complete. The women would need more support toward the end of their term, than the beginning.

If Conor didn't even recognize when his child was due, how the F would Dana?

I don't believe Conor put much thought into the word "equity." I think he simply wants to be guaranteed pay commensurate to what he believes he is worth. So far, existing UFC contracts are not paying him what he is worth. It's really not even close. So I think he just jumped to the next step which is equity, even though he really has no business having equity.

I think he is taking time off for the reasons he said, and also to show the UFC what life is like without him. I mean we are 1 PPV post 205 and we already saw a main even pull out, and an utterly horrific buy rate. Those are two areas that Conor virtually guarantees success.

WME undoubtedly has plans that extend well beyond Conor, but for the foreseeable future I can't see a scenario where they can't come to an agreement and pay Conor what he wants. Even if it's half of the PPV cut, they will still (probably) net more money than they would having him in self-imposed exile.

I think they'll get a deal done and Conor will probably make around $30m a fight.

two spin doctors, and you just assume one of them is 'truthful' and one is 'lying'.

you're the one who's getting successfully trolled, TS.

two spin doctors, and you just assume one of them is 'truthful' and one is 'lying'.

you're the one who's getting successfully trolled, TS.
Ok dude, here is how I see it. Dana said Conor would be out 10 months, weeks after UFC 205, having spoke not a word to Mcgregor. If you watch the post fight presser for 205, Mcgregor says that the Baby is coming in March, only to be surprised when he is corrected that the birthdate is in May. He doesn't say anything after learning the new date about staying out til May. What he does emphasize in the press conference, is his need for a new contract and his willingness to wait until the UFC come to him.
Any promoter with dollar signs in his eyes, would jump on Mcgregor's screw up on the birthdates. That is two months later. Plenty of time to squeeze in another fight before May. The UFC has to make 275 million profit before June 2017, to get their bonuses. Still, Dana comes out and says Conor is out 10 months. Why would he say this, without asking Mcgregor? Why would they set up an interim Lightweight fight without asking Mcgregor if he wanted to fight?
Why aren't they offering fight dates in March to Mcgregor? Very simple. Conor wants them to come to him with a new contract offer. The UFC know that Conor is the jumpy sort and doesn't like to wait around. They are banking on him cracking and asking for a fight on his old contract. "Conor is out 10 months" is a shot over Mcgregor's bow. They are saying you can sit for 10 months without any contract offer from us. Meanwhile the message to the public is that Conor is taking the time off voluntarily for his newborn. No conflict to be seen.
Meanwhile Conor gets his boxing license, as a threat to test the legality of Zuffa contracts under the Ali act. Dana dismisses it as crazy stuff Conor does to get publicity.

Ferguson vs Khabib, I thought. I saw it was "signed"....

That should be a number 1 contenders match...how can you have an intermim match, when conor just won the title? That would make no sense.

That should be a number 1 contenders match...how can you have an intermim match, when conor just won the title? That would make no sense.

I figured it was exactly for the reason in this thread. If he said he was taking time off for baby's birth, he may not fight soon enough to defend his title, in UFCs' mind... It is a dick move if true, but we will see.

Back