Dana: "Jon Jones A Little Diva"

UFC doesn't have the smartest fan base.

They hated Anderson when Dana was bashing him and he wasn't finishing fights the way they wanted him to.

Then they loved Anderson when Dana started praising him and he started finishing fights the way they wanted him to.

That's the nature of the UFC beast and it's impressionable fan base. If you're making Dana White money, he will get the fans to like you, if you're not making him money, he will get the UFC fans to hate you.

Can you really blame anyone for hating Anderson after the Leites and Maia fights? I don't think Dana had anything to do with fans being pissed after those fights

Can you really blame anyone for hating Anderson after the Leites and Maia fights? I don't think Dana had anything to do with fans being pissed after those fights

Every popular fighter has haters. Every single one of them.

If the Laeites and Maia fights didn't happen, Silva would still have haters. Perhaps not as many, but nobody is immune to them.

z2EPE.gif

where did this come from?!
I'd pay to see this fight night

So Dana likes fighters who work with him to make him money, and he gets his panties in a bunch when a fighter goes against that.

Groundbreaking stuff.

I got a kick out of that conspiracy by Dana to make people hate Jones though.
It's all about money with Dana and Jones being high profile, getting sponsers, etc makes him a brand that will bring in ppv buys.

Dana says stupid shit when he gets worked up all the time and then changes his mind a day later.

Two divas together will not always get along.

The way Dana behaves is actually idiotic. I think you would agree that the popularity of his fighters are what drive up excitement for his fights, ultimately resulting in PPV buys or marketing revenue for Fox. Bashing your champions every time you don't like something hurts their images, right? Isn't it apparent that he is hurting his own brand by doing that? Forget whether he is right or wrong, either way it hurts the UFC.

The way Dana behaves is actually idiotic. I think you would agree that the popularity of his fighters are what drive up excitement for his fights, ultimately resulting in PPV buys or marketing revenue for Fox. Bashing your champions every time you don't like something hurts their images, right? Isn't it apparent that he is hurting his own brand by doing that? Forget whether he is right or wrong, either way it hurts the UFC.

Yup, completely agree.

Dana can be quite unprofessional at times, usually when he gets worked up over something.

Ummmm..... Nick Diaz had just been chased from the UFC because he couldn't beat anybody and the dying Pride organization scooped him up because he looked like the perfect "UFC fighter" for their big star to thump during their effort to save their company by moving to America where MMA was on an upswing and away from Japan where the fad was ending........

The Nick Diaz Gogoplata killed Pride just as much as the Silverback Jab KO killed Elite on CBS.

Nah, probably had more to do with the Yakuza thing, the pull of Fuji as a sponsor, then that one guy committing suicide.

What's the silverback jab? When what's his name beat Kimbo?

Every popular fighter has haters. Every single one of them.

If the Laeites and Maia fights didn't happen, Silva would still have haters. Perhaps not as many, but nobody is immune to them.

The guy pretty much said that people only hated on Silva after those fights because Dana told them too. I am saying that is ridiculous! I personally did not have a problem with what Silva did but he acted like a HUGE dick in the Maia fight and fans were going to hate on him for that performance no matter what Dana said

Dana had nothing to do with the fans being pissed at Anderson after those fights!

At one time people hated Anderson, Rashad, and now the hate is even starting for Bendo.

Anderson was merking dudes left and right, but then he got frustrated with his opponents, didn't finish them, and Dana was able to steer the fan base to dislike him since he wasn't fighting the way the UFC fans wanted him to fight.

As soon as he started finishing guys again, people loved him.

The UFC taking off in Brazil is one of the main reasons that Dana stopped giving Anderson shit. If he still weren't that much of a draw, I seriously doubt that Dana would be jock riding him in every interview and letting him dictate what fights that he takes.

I don't know what the fuck they're playing at with Jones. If you're going to sit there badmouthing one of the few guys with crossover star potential who's come along in the past few years, you're going to have problems down the road. Promoting the brand over all of the fighters doesn't work. It's still individual fighters like GSP, Anderson, Brock etc. who sell the most tickets and PPVs.

I think that people have been seriously overestimating Zuffa's business acumen, and we've seen it play out with their numerous blunders over the past year. I'm going to enjoy watching them crash and burn when a legitimate competitor comes along.

Yes they do, people like myself do like Jones as do most of my family and friends.

Lets simmer down there son.

I like Jones, not sure of some of the things he does outside of the cage but as a fight fan, fuck it's hard not to love the way he fights.

The guy pretty much said that people only hated on Silva after those fights because Dana told them too. I am saying that is ridiculous! I personally did not have a problem with what Silva did but he acted like a HUGE dick in the Maia fight and fans were going to hate on him for that performance no matter what Dana said

Dana had nothing to do with the fans being pissed at Anderson after those fights!

Yeah I wasn't actually disagreeing with you, even though it may have looked that way :)

People hated on Jones because he was the first fighter to turn down an opponent switch, even though he was already trained for that date.
People get upset when they are looking forward to an event and it gets cancelled.

All in all it may be just as much or more Dana's fault, but the precedence had been set so people expect fighters to fight.

It doesn't take much around these parts to have people go off on fighters for 'not being a fucking fighter'

I would normally agree on this statement but coming from dana makes this comment completely hypocritical.

Jones the first legit mainstream athlete in the UFC? Look at the guy in my avatar.

LOL so you think, per your earlier post, that GSP is putting more crowd pleasing and fan enticing performances than Jones? LMAO

Can someone from the public relations of the UFC tell the UFC president to stop hurting its company more?

Back