Dana is not that good of a businessman/president.

Bearknuckle

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
People on here like to say that Dana was a savior to mma. While i dont disagree that the fertittas and dana gave mma life when it was on life support. They get way too much credit for making the sport what it is. Hear me out.

Dana and co have been dead wrong on many of the business decisions.

Womens MMA. For the longest time Dana was anti women in the UFC, even saying that they'll "never fight in the UFC. Fast forward a few years and Ronda is their biggest star and helping the company stay strong after GSP, brock left. Anderson fell off and bones in trouble. He was so anti Gina Carano and even said "women are pretty, we dont want to see them fight".

The sport has plateau'd. It hasnt grown any bigger than it was 5 years ago. PPV numbers are the same with watered down cards and forcing many low skilled wmma fighters down the throats of fans. 5-6 record and in the top 10?

Sponsorship/reebok deal. It use to be lucrative for fighters and up n comers to get sponsorship. Then the UFC started taxing those. Then conpletely banned them for reebok. Fighters losing money means less talent wanting to be mma fighters = shit fighters/athletes.

Strikefarce: he got people believing that strikeforce was some low level mma org with no talent. He lied. He bought up strikeforce and their fighters did very well and some became champs or fighting for the belt. Its sad that people actually believed him.

Accusations by former fighters who are now willing to speak out. Recently Wand, Aldo, Tito, and i just read an interview with Cung Le bout the shady stuff that went on. Brock even said dana is nothing compared to mcmahon.

Arguing on twitter. What kind of president of a sports org. argues with teenagers and calls them names on social media.

My biggest gripe is that he hasnt taken the sport to new heights as claimed. It is highly possible that dana white is the reason why mma hasnt gotten even bigger.

And the other thing, fighters arent getting taken care of. They are the real reason this sport has gotten where it is. Please dont compare them to 9-5 mcdonalds workers. This is why the nfl and nba are what they are. They show that their athletes are special and are taken care of, hence the elite of elite will go there. Being a shady company always looking to make the biggest profit will be the downfall of the UFC. Once the nfl implemented policies that were pro athlete, the sport blossomed on its own.

We just had a week and a half of this exact same subject spam'd over and over after Lesnar yap'd....and you thought you'd make another one?

The results speak for themselves.

Dana is a great and successful UFC president.

Seems like you know more about business than filthy rich businessmen. Did you go to school for that or just came to you naturally?

Typical. You didnt read my post.

Its easy to make the sport look saved when it was already dying.

Now making the sport bigger and better is whats hard.

We just had a week and a half of this exact same subject spam'd over and over after Lesnar yap'd....and you thought you'd make another one?

Complain, complain, complain :rolleyes:

Are you an insect and forums are a bright light? I mean, is something compelling you to read all thread posts? If you already read similar thread, either don't click on the thread and if you accidentally do, hit the back button...

But i point out more. Please read.

I did.

I agree with alot of it, I do think he and the fertita's did bring the sport out of the dark ages into almost main stream.

I do think someone else should take over for him....but I could be wrong.

Just because I think his insulting abusive attitude towards fans and some fighters, his artificial hype machine that creates crap we don't need, etc....all these things I dislike, might be what the ultra casual fans need to keep interest and buy PPV's.

So does he cater to me and lose 50% of his PPV sales?

Or does he keep being a goof, but make money for the UFC....

yes, he is successful, but you have to look at the entire picture .. dana has the back of rich ufc owners who are interested in mma, combat sports .. the frittatta bros had connections with the nsac, the biggest of the commissions, that they used to their advantage

dana has done a great job, not taking anything away from him, he eats and breathes this stuff, and most people wouldn't have the drive to travel, hold meetings etc 24/7 like him .. now he can reap the rewards, hang with his kids more, take them to places most kids can't ... dude worked hard and deserves where he is ..

Dana is too mean n shud b fired

Tbh lots of what he said still holds ground, wmma is nothing without Ronda, they brought it over because Ronda was selling.

You do realize that there's a way they measure business people, and that's by checking the score. How do you check the score? You count the money.

Being the best business guy isn't about getting every decision right. Everyone is human and makes idiotic decisions. It's about knowing when to push hard on the decisions you get right, and to change course quickly on the decisions you got wrong.

Dana making the wrong call on WMMA initially but changing course and it becoming successful is the sign of a good business person. A bad business person sticks to their guns in spite of evidence and trends.

Try looking up Motorola Iridium or the Ford Edsel. Those are evidence of bad business.

Ufc is worth alot if money.
This post is stupid

I did.

I agree with alot of it, I do think he and the fertita's did bring the sport out of the dark ages into almost main stream.

I do think someone else should take over for him....but I could be wrong.

Just because I think his insulting abusive attitude towards fans and some fighters, his artificial hype machine that creates crap we don't need, etc....all these things I dislike, might be what the ultra casual fans need to keep interest and buy PPV's.

So does he cater to me and lose 50% of his PPV sales?

Or does he keep being a goof, but make money for the UFC....

This is my point. The greed will be the downfall of the sport. What if the NFL kept paying and treating fighters like they did in the early days? When players got paid dogshit and risked life and limb literally. 95% of them ended up broke and homeless with mental illness and lifelong injuries while the nfl was making a huge profit. The NFL had to clean up its act as far as taking care of its athletes.

No parent in their right mind would let their child train to be an mma fighter knowing that at the pinnacle they would still get paid like a 9-5 employee. That creates crap athletes.

This. These threads are never at a loss for fan boys who "Know better" than the only org that's really made a solid success,(and without which, Bellator wouldn't exist.)

Without the UFC and Dana, MMA wouldn't be here. And they're still running the biggest MMA show on the planet, but feel free to criticize, you no doubt could do it better. I'm not a corporate man, by nature, and I think Dana can be an ass at times, but it's really easy to armchair.

You do realize that there's a way they measure business people, and that's by checking the score. How do you check the score? You count the money.

Being the best business guy isn't about getting every decision right. Everyone is human and makes idiotic decisions. It's about knowing when to push hard on the decisions you get right, and to change course quickly on the decisions you got wrong.

Dana making the wrong call on WMMA initially but changing course and it becoming successful is the sign of a good business person. A bad business person sticks to their guns in spite of evidence and trends.

Try looking up Motorola Iridium or the Ford Edsel. Those are evidence of bad business.

But the motorola and ford are still hugely profitable companies. They knew when to push hard on other decisions. Just like u said dana did.

And just because they are profitable, doesnt mean that the couldnt be MORE profitable. Say he brings in 100 million in revenue a year. That is great. But horrible if the UFC could bring in 300 million.

No parent in their right mind would let their child train to be an mma fighter knowing that at the pinnacle they would still get paid like a 9-5 employee. That creates crap athletes.

no parent in their right mind would try to control their childs life this way

This. These threads are never at a loss for fan boys who "Know better" than the only org that's really made a solid success,(and without which, Bellator wouldn't exist.)

Without the UFC and Dana, MMA wouldn't be here. And they're still running the biggest MMA show on the planet, but feel free to criticize, you no doubt could do it better. I'm not a corporate man, by nature, and I think Dana can be an ass at times, but it's really easy to armchair.

This is what my post is exactly criticising. The whole dana and co is everything and mma wouldnt be where it is. You do realize the UFC was around for 8 years before zuffa. And there was already worldwide interest in the sport. Mma was just waiting for someone with money to pick it up. I truly feel the sport would have eventually been reborn without them. Or do you think that the fertittas had the lone idea out of the millions of wealthy businessmen?

Stop with the mma wouldn exist without dana and co. Its stupid and wreaks of fanboyism

Back