Dana interferes with feud on TUF

doozer

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I was really surprised when Dana stepped in on this season of TUF trying to curb the hostility and make peace. He talked to Rousey and her coach saying they have appoligised multiple times, and said how it didn't look good for her or the sport. And he said he wasn't leaving till they left.
When has Dana ever tried to curve an argument on TUF. I tend to find that he promotes them... though insists on them not fighting. But former coaches have gotten a lot closer to fighting in the past and had to be held apart but Dana didn't bat an eye or tell them to calm down. Could this be part of Dana's attempt to change TUF to a less drinking and wild show?

I was really surprised when Dana stepped in on this season of TUF trying to curb the hostility and make peace. He talked to Rousey and her coach saying they have appoligised multiple times, and said how it didn't look good for her or the sport. And he said he wasn't leaving till they left.
When has Dana ever tried to curve an argument on TUF. I tend to find that he promotes them... though insists on them not fighting. But former coaches have gotten a lot closer to fighting in the past and had to be held apart but Dana didn't bat an eye or tell them to calm down. Could this be part of Dana's attempt to change TUF to a less drinking and wild show?

Interesting take
I just took it as Dana happened to be around for this incident and was involved. but you may be correct

is anything at all on the show real as far as the drama is concerned or is it just a typical reality TV show?

Sorry I've never watched it, honest question

is anything at all on the show real as far as the drama is concerned or is it just a typical reality TV show?

Sorry I've never watched it, honest question

Its a show based around fighting, its easy to get drama without manufacturing it.
Of course some might play to the camera, but I tend to think that most of what we are seeing between the coaches is real

he, like 90% of sherdoggers here, realized that these are going to make the UFCs star look really really really bad...

good question.....i think he understands the company face for womens MMA is looking like a manic cow and wants her to stop before public opinion is lost for good....Dana sees dollars in Rousey but is smart enough to know she is close to losing fans for good....

Its a show based around fighting, its easy to get drama without manufacturing it.
Of course some might play to the camera, but I tend to think that most of what we are seeing between the coaches is real

What? The fighting between coaches is fake as hell, always has been. Dont be taken in by it this time. Just remember the others

before when drama happened like with evans and rampage or way back when with shamrock and ortiz, it was between the actual coaches. this was a bit different. this is with rhondas coach and a guest coach for meisha tate(his name is escaping me) or Caraway and rhondas coach. Rhonda and meisha, though have had some stares and some comments, really haven't come close to fighting. I think that's the difference.

What? The fighting between coaches is fake as hell, always has been. Dont be taken in by it this time. Just remember the others

Don't agree with this. They may go into the house thinking about promoting the rivalry and it being all in just promotion..but when you get a few weeks into giving crap back and forth, you start to develop a real sense of disdain for that other person. Tate and Rousey already have a history anyway.

Dana usually encourages them because he knows the fighters are "selling" a fight and are professional enough to handle it in the ring and be done with it when it is over.

It is clear that Rousey's coach is a thug who would have no qualms about getting into a street fight (or worse.) Dana doesn't want that black eye on his sport.

If RR is acting then she is fucking Meryl Streep level :p

Use your head man, you think Dana actually likes RR coming across this way?

I'm pretty sure Tate and Rousey dislike each other. I don't see how you could not dislike Rousey. If she's just pretending to be a bitch she's a hell of an actor.

Couldn't have a televised assault in the TUF gym conducted by Dennis Hallman... Lawsuit city.

If RR is acting then she is fucking Meryl Streep level :p

Use your head man, you think Dana actually likes RR coming across this way?

well, Dana has enough celebrity now that a "boss reigning in the wild crazy champion" angle is completely plausible.

some of it may be real, but reality tv has made such a joke of itself that it's hard to believe any of it. and it sucks anyway.

Dana's trying his best to promote WMMA and his starlet is standing there making an even bigger fool of herself -he did it in his best (and Ronda's) interests. It's funny because I disliked the thought of WMMA until this season, now I'm warming up to it but I dislike her, she's far too childish.

Probably what the posters before said. If you read the forums after TUF there is always a lot of disapproval with Rondas behavior. And maybe he thinks Ronda will win again but then her fanbase is destroyed. So he intervenes.

Dana rocks. Best promoter in history.

or he stepped in because this one is real and he knew the others are fake. and didn't he have Karo kicked out?

most of the beefs are promotion, but some of the beefs (IE: Penn/Pulver, G-Sot-Pearson), were real

It occurs to me though that it can't just be about protecting UFC or Rousey from looking bad... After all he could have just cut that whole part out of the show altogether (unless of course it comes up again later in the season and has to be referenced)

Back