Dana: "If Nick wants Matt Brown, we can do that fight"

Let's hope so.

And then , Dana be like

v76zQBw.gif

" I could have paid 20 fighters with all this money " :icon_twis

Matt Brown: 7 fight win streak, obviously deserves a top caliber opponent in his weight class.

Nate Diaz: 1-2 in his last 3 including a one sided beatdown via Bendo and getting cracked by the Punk. Also, did he not get wrecked in his last "venture" at WW?

And if this happens? Brown cracks his head open again.

Nate should stay at 155. Nick Diaz vs Brown would be sick though.

Matt Brown: 7 fight win streak, obviously deserves a top caliber opponent in his weight class.

Nate Diaz: 1-2 in his last 3 including a one sided beatdown via Bendo and getting cracked by the Punk. Also, did he not get wrecked in his last "venture" at WW?

And if this happens? Brown cracks his head open again.

Nope

Good for both of them. A non champ fight that could actually make some money.

Sign the fucking fight Nick. Give us a main event for UFC on FOX 12.

This is really about as good as it gets for Nick. A non wrestler who if he beats he'll get a title shot.

He's a fool if he doesn't take it. Nick's on back to back losses, he ain't getting a title shot and the longer he waits the lower he's going to drop. Right now a win over Brown would get him the title shot, 1 yr from now? Who knows.

Brown vs Nick. Fans would pay to see that. I think it could be one of the biggest non-title fights possible right now. Nick would get his half-mil, Matt would have a big name win.

Brown vs Nick. Fans would pay to see that. I think it could be one of the biggest non-title fights possible right now. Nick would get his half-mil, Matt would have a big name win.

Except Brown wouldn't win, he would get beat down badly.

I don't think hed come outta retirement for anything other then a title fight...would be a great fight tho

Man the fuck up Nick. Fox 12 Brown vs Diaz.

I am surprised people think Diaz would get a title shot for beating Matt Brown. I would guess he would still be a fight away.

Nick probably realizied work outside the octagon to be less fruitful and restricting. No way in hell can you make 500k a year as a jiujitsu/MMA instructor.

I'm getting the feeling Dana has some subconscious urge to sabotage himself. When two interesting, skilled fighters want to fight, make it happen. He already missed the chances to make super fights at the peak of the participants. Now he has Difficult Diaz wanting to get back into things, and poo poos the idea.

Scott Coker would have made the fight. PRIDE FC would have too.

ya I love lighter weight guys moving up. I feel like some of the people on here or I should be match maker instead of Joe Silva. This sounds like it has fireworks written all over it and is a dream match up. If people from lower classes want to move up, I am all for it. Nate diaz was the #1 contender not too long ago. Ya he lost to Bendo and Thompson but look where they are he should at least be top 5 at LW so why is so crazy to think he should face a top 5 ww for the sake of a brawl? Brown wins he gets a shot at the belt. Nate wins, he can pick top 5 lw or ww depending what weightclass he chooses. If he wins that title shot. As simple as its gonna get

Why should Brown get a shot at the belt in beating Nate Diaz?? A guy who in my opinion is not even a top 5 lw...let alone a top 10 ww. Diaz gave ww a go, and failed. So Brown, while on an impressive 7 fight win streak, 8 fight win streak if he would fight and beat Diaz...you're saying you would give him a title shot without ever beating a top 10 ww?! Cause you know a guy on an 8 fight winning streak would be deserving/begging for a title shot. Im sorry, but he's gotta beat a top 5 ww first, and Nate Diaz is NOT that!

I am surprised people think Diaz would get a title shot for beating Matt Brown. I would guess he would still be a fight away.

That's because you still think people get title shots for deserving them :)

Nick would probably sell the most PPVs so theyd likey give it to him.

This is the same guy who got a title shot with 1 top 10 win in his WW career and coming off a loss to condit and got a title shot over Hendricks who had like 3 top 10 wins in a row.

Back