Dana: "If Nick wants Matt Brown, we can do that fight"

shonuf

Titanium Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just said on UFC Tonight. Says they're not even considering it.

He did say he hasn't heard from Nick but if he wants to fight Brown, he'll make that fight.

Nate gonna to go to jail for tax evasion before he gets another fight.

Good. Nate needs to EARN his shot at fighting a guy like Brown right now. Brown has fought everyone they offered... not Nate though. Nate wants to pick and choose who he fights. Sorry, bud, not happening and THE BOSS MAN says so.

Good to hear!!

Good. Nate needs to EARN his shot at fighting a guy like Brown right now. Brown has fought everyone they offered... not Nate though. Nate wants to pick and choose who he fights. Sorry, bud, not happening and THE BOSS MAN says so.

seconded

Good. The fact that people actually were humoring this fight is troubling.

Matt Brown needs at top 5 opponent. At worst top 10

this didn't surprise me. nate doesn't get to set his own terms and dictates who he will fight.

Is there a way us Brits can stream UFC Tonight when it airs? We never get any of this in the UK and they also never upload the whole show, only adding 1-2 minute clips about a week later on youtube.

Would love to watch these if at all possible.

I think Nate would be literally the highest caliber fighter brown would have ever faced.9

The UFC is protecting Brown. It's sad really.

Brown shouldn't and probably would protest at that fight. He is on a very long and impressive streak at WW and he deserves a top 5 opponent to set him up for contendership. Nate is 1-2 in his last three at LW. It simply doesn't make sense.

Yes, I know the UFC is not afraid of mismatches as long as they reel in money. But this is not a worthy investment: Brown is a very exciting fighter who could be marketable for contendship at the title. Yes, WW is very deep with prospects, but Brown can be put to good use in that division. You could argue that either way they would have a feasible contender, and in fact having Nate win puts him right at the gate of big fights at WW...

But seriously this is not likely. Nate had very mediocre results at WW last time and needs to get himself established again. Of course he would love a fight like that. Brown has bigger fish to fry at this point. He's been around for too long to waste time fooling around with Diaz's caprice.

I think Nate would be literally the highest caliber fighter brown would have ever faced.9

Obviously. I don't know how anyone can be against it. Unless they are a zuffa zombie that thinks nate shouldn't be ranked right now.

and I knew this fight wasn't going to happen. If the matchup is interesting the ufc makes sure to scratch it as fast as its suggested.

Brown shouldn't and probably would protest at that fight. He is on a very long and impressive streak at WW and he deserves a top 5 opponent to set him up for contendership. Nate is 1-2 in his last three at LW. It simply doesn't make sense.

Yes, I know the UFC is not afraid of mismatches as long as they reel in money. But this is not a worthy investment: Brown is a very exciting fighter who could be marketable for contendship at the title. Yes, WW is very deep with prospects, but Brown can be put to good use in that division. You could argue that either way they would have a feasible contender, and in fact having Nate win puts him right at the gate of big fights at WW...

But seriously this is not likely. Nate had very mediocre results at WW last time and needs to get himself established again. Of course he would love a fight like that. Brown has bigger fish to fry at this point. He's been around for too long to waste time fooling around with Diaz's caprice.

Sure, but rankings are just numbers. So are records sometimes. Fact is Brown hasn't fought anyone close to as good/big name as Diaz so people shouldn't act like it's some kind of ludicrous proposition.

anyway, Agree Brown should get a top 5er next. Just see what happens.

I remember hearing that Nate was suppose to fight Tj Grant. What ever happen with that match up?

Real fighters fight anyone I don't understand the Diaz Bria thoughts to think they cutting the checks to themselves just fight an prove you deserve higher opponents and title shots not sit and cry til you get one

Pride would have made this fight.

I was gonna say that but didn't want to deal with the shitstorm.

All this obsession with weight classes and the weight cut contest makes things so dull. The opportunities for interesting fights skyrocket when fighters can move around. but it's not happening ever again I guess so whatever. No point in dreaming.

I agree

It wouid be a tough fight too

But Brown has 7 victories now and had to fight Silva when he lost his chance to fight Condit due to injury. He damn near gave that fight away before putting it away. I don't think its fair to make him fight Nate after 7 victories and when he already was supposed to have a shot at a top guy

But I personally don't think it has anything to do with fair for the UFC. They simply aren't gonna let Nate dictate terms and know a lot of fans want to see him fight a top guy. Clearly if the money was right for the UFC (since they'd let Nick fight him) they wouldn't give a crap about making sure Brown got a top guy. But between the politics with Nate and the public demand for a different matchup I'm not surprised. Besides if Brown loses to a top guy, they can still make the Nate fight then if they want. People would want to see it even more at that point. No rush IMO

Pride would have made this fight.

I was gonna say that but didn't want to deal with the shitstorm.

All this obsession with weight classes and the weight cut contest makes things so dull. The opportunities for interesting fights skyrocket when fighters can move around. but it's not happening ever again I guess so whatever. No point in dreaming.

ya I love lighter weight guys moving up. I feel like some of the people on here or I should be match maker instead of Joe Silva. This sounds like it has fireworks written all over it and is a dream match up. If people from lower classes want to move up, I am all for it. Nate diaz was the #1 contender not too long ago. Ya he lost to Bendo and Thompson but look where they are he should at least be top 5 at LW so why is so crazy to think he should face a top 5 ww for the sake of a brawl? Brown wins he gets a shot at the belt. Nate wins, he can pick top 5 lw or ww depending what weightclass he chooses. If he wins that title shot. As simple as its gonna get

Back