Dana: "I fully expect Conor to return to 145. Stephen Thompson is going to fight for the 170 title."

wowspare

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/8/1...a=1.154289656.1569143647.1464875185#389167585

"I fully expect Conor to come back and defend his 145-pound title," White said.

For what it's worth, McGregor's coach John Kavanagh believes that Conor should be at lightweight, while UFC matchmaker Sean Shelby "fully believes" McGregor will be back at featherweight.

As for the welterweight division, where Tyron Woodley now reigns supreme after his emphatic KO of Robbie Lawler, Woodley is all about the "money fights" right now. He's called out both Georges St-Pierre and Nick Diaz, with the latter out of his 18-month marijuana suspension issued by the NAC. Will we see Nick, whose last win was in 2011 against B.J. Penn, overtake Stephen Thompson in the title shot pecking order? According to Dana, "Wonderboy" will be facing Woodley next.

"I think that Nate feels his brother should have the fight at 170, but Nick is not going to come back and fight for the title right away.

"There are other guys deserving of a title shot. Stephen ‘Wonderboy’ Thompson is going to fight for the 170-pound title and then we’ll see what happens with Nick and Nate."

I hope Dana doesn't change his mind.....

"I fully expect Conor to return to 145. Stephen Thompson is going to fight for the 170 title ya goofs"

Funny, Dana expects Conor to defend his title.

But when it comes to other fighters... "Woodley is going to face Thompson."

Talk about double standard. It's a professional circus instead of a sport. I can understand one circus match to keep money flowing but two in a row just shows the degree of favoritism in an organization that is supposed to be a sport.

Of course everyone knows this...

Poor ty-run, Dana's making him fight the actual #1 contender instead of letting him call all the shots.

Of course Dana will say that he expects Conor to go back to 145. But I think that he knows damn well that Conor won't.

Let's see if Dana sticks to his word this time.

99718-laughing-duck-goose-gif-chuckl-FOgR.gif

I'm going to be using that gif a lot.

Talk about double standard. It's a professional circus instead of a sport. I can understand one circus match to keep money flowing but two in a row just shows the degree of favoritism in an organization that is supposed to be a sport.

Never has been a sport. Just a term that gets thrown out to help make it more mainstream.

I just noticed that he didn't say Wonderboy would fight TW. Just that he will fight for the title.

/hype for wonderboy vs woodley

WTF are you talking about. Half of Sherdog doesn't think he can make 145 again.

Are you trying to say that he's showing favoritism to Conor???

Would not be surprised if both of those things ended up not happening next.

ahahah yeah...if conor win watch Dana gift him a title shot at 170 or 155 just watch...

I guess conor will rematch nate again and gsp is comming back.

They'll make the Eddie fight if he wins

How is that a double-standard? Woodley couldnt sell out my back yard and I only have 3/4 acre. Conor can flood my city of las vegas.

You're comparing a bar lunge singer that gets paid $200 a night vs Justin Beeber. GTFOH

"Frankie edgar will get whatever he wants".Dana white. After frqnkie ko mendes.

Back