Dana Hates Mirko

bungyo

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I mean how else could you explain Mirko being signed to a new contract and headlining another fight. He won't let Chuck fight anymore because in his words, that's his friend and he doesn't want to make money that way. So he must hate Mirko right?

Might have been a bit different if Liddell was signing for Bellator?

Chuck is like one of his best friends. Not the same.

If Chuck had been in negotiations with another org, Dana would have kept him fighting. Bet your bottom dollar.

IDK, but I have no interest in seeing Cro Cop fight. He's shot.

They have guys like Potts. So i'm okay with them signing Cro cop.

Chuck is like one of his best friends. Not the same.

If Chuck had been in negotiations with another org, Dana would have kept him fighting. Bet your bottom dollar.

Chuck is just one example He's said of several other fighters that were late in their careers and had taken a few KO losses that he was prepared to have "the talk" if they were KO'd again. The implication is that he doesn't want to see his fighters take permanent damage.

Obviously he is unworried about Mirko taking permanent damage.

Chuck vs Mirko - Legends match

Times are different now. The way UFC are desperately trying to book names, It would not surprise me if they brought him back. I mean wtf is CM Punk doing in the UFC?

Times are different now. The way UFC are desperately trying to book names, It would not surprise me if they brought him back. I mean wtf is CM Punk doing in the UFC?

Perhaps a bring back Chuck movement is in order?

Dana is doing all kinds of crazy shit trying to save the UFC. It's too bad he forgot that you have to build new stars.

Chuck got a lucrative job at the ufc.
He didn't have to fight.

Mirko does.

I always had the impression it was more about not being able to give up the fighting lifestyle more so than money. I mean, he's a guy who has done a ton outside of fighting ... including serving in Parliament.

Even if the UFC hadn't offered Chuck a job, he too was well off enough to not need to fight anymore. The job is likely more of a distraction for him to keep him from being bored.

Dana didn't want Mirko.

He just didn't want Bellator to have him.

Everyone clamoring for Mirko to get high profile fights are deluding themselves into thinking that Dana signed him because he was a "top prospect."

This was a business deal to cockblock a competitor.

Nothing more; nothing less.

They don't do a good job of promoting their fighters. Thats where Pride really shined.

Dana is doing all kinds of crazy shit trying to save the UFC. It's too bad he forgot that you have to build new stars.

I'm hoping we can see Cro Cop vs Arlovski even though Arlovski should fight a contender next

It makes you wonder about the condition of the UFC if they are being beat out in the rankings by Tito vs Bonnar. They are so worried about it they are signing a guy who shouldn't even be in the octagon.

Dana didn't want Mirko.

He just didn't want Bellator to have him.

Everyone clamoring for Mirko to get high profile fights are deluding themselves into thinking that Dana signed him because he was a "top prospect."

This was a business deal to cockblock a competitor.

Nothing more; nothing less.

sure.

mirko couldve been cut forever by the ufc given his performances and they didnt. They have treated him well enough

Back