Media Dana: 'GSP didn't want that fight (vs. Anderson) when they were both champs'

GSP ducked Anderson for 10 years. We all know this, even GSP fans who won’t admit it.

Jones was just entering his prime by the Silva’s prime was ending. There was a super small window to make this fight as opposed to the GSP/Silva fight who both shared a concurrent prime and title reign.
How is fighting in your own weight division ducking?

GSP ducked Anderson for 10 years. We all know this, even GSP fans who won’t admit it.

Jones was just entering his prime by the Silva’s prime was ending. There was a super small window to make this fight as opposed to the GSP/Silva fight who both shared a concurrent prime and title reign.

Not only this, but Jones never wanted to fight Silva either.

Around the 9min mark.

Pretty much sums up what we all know.

- GSP never wanted to fight Anderson.
- Anderson never wanted to fight Jones.

Would have been awesome, but can we even blame them? Three of the GOATs and big size difference between them.

this isnt breaking news. gsp and andeson both said those things and people like sriel reported it.

Wasnt it gonna be booked when GSP was in Abu Dhabi and Anderson put up that horrible Maia performance?

Bones was saying hed fight in HW since 2013 when Cain was champ lmao

Anderson ducked Shogun after he KOd Lyoto. Didnt want Hashad/Shogun/Lyoto/Bones.

Truth is a fighter moving up and taking the belt is rare and almost always only happens when weak upset champs take the title

No one considered Bisping, Eddie, Jan etc. the best fighter at their weight even tho they held the title. DC KOing Stipe and Manda KOing Cyborg were the only real exceptions in recent history and Daniel was already a HW before he ever drained himself. Before that BJ finishing Hughes.

sure there was talk of it but that fight yes dana was upset at anderson but if gsp wanted it and signed it guesswho would been fighting each other.

Wasnt it gonna be booked when GSP was in Abu Dhabi and Anderson put up that horrible Maia performance?

Never officially booked or unoffically booked I should say at least publicly. From what I recall Silva never stated publicly he would move down to 170. Initially Silva said he should fight at 185 and then Silva's camp stated 177.5 would be the catch weight he was willing to go to which was pretty late in the process...I think they said that less than a year before the Weidman fight so it really never mattered.

At the end of the day GSP did not want any part of that fight unless it was at 170lbs and Silva sure as fuck did not want Jon Jones either.

GSP knew about the “whispers” of Anderson’s PED use, when really all you had to do was look at his earlier pics to know he abused something at some Point
I respect this post...i live in a fairytale world where Anderson only took PEDs cause of his leg break but this wouldnt surprise me

Typical MW who wants to bully a WW. You Silva fans ought to be ashamed of yourselves trying to pick on the little guy.

I don't blame either guy for not moving up. Both of the dominated their own divisions and really had no obligation. And GSP did move up to win the MW title while Anderson fought Cormier, Forrest, Bonnar and Irvin at LHW.

Never officially booked or unoffically booked I should say at least publicly. From what I recall Silva never stated publicly he would move down to 170. Initially Silva said he should fight at 185 and then Silva's camp stated 177.5 would be the catch weight he was willing to go to which was pretty late in the process...I think they said that less than a year before the Weidman fight so it really never mattered.

At the end of the day GSP did not want any part of that fight unless it was at 170lbs and Silva sure as fuck did not want Jon Jones either.

Anderson didnt want Shogun after he KOd Lyoto either

Shogun/Hashad/Lyoto were all tough fights for him back then and basically the same size as him too unlike Grease

Back