Media Dana: 'GSP didn't want that fight (vs. Anderson) when they were both champs'

Haha. Dana hates gsp. Gsp knew Silva was a roided freak. Why put your legacy on the line against a cheater.

good thing gsp didn't fight silva back then, who knows what ped's or stuff he may of been on. Nobody really knows if silva had been using prior to usada, but getting caught a few times after usada was implemented makes you suspicious.

people can say what they want, but fans can now say gsp would've just fought a roided or ped user of anderson silva, therefore the fight wouldn't be fair. As fans can speculate and say gsp might of been using, the facts are he never failed tests like anderson so there is no dark cloud over his accomplishments like anderson.

getting out too late is obviously never fun to see and it's the worst for combat athletes. but i think you have to acknowledge it's the competitive nature of these guys that makes it hard for them to step away. michael jordan coming out of retirement doesn't end up unconscious on the floor when he's no longer the best in the world. tom brady can be the 10th best qb in the world and he's still a success. silva can be competitive with top 10 fighters and still end up a bloody mess hugging a ref's leg.

ali fought too long. joe louis fought too long. tyson fought too long. ezzard charles fought too long, roy is fighting way too long. the list is long. some of the greatest ever. the fact that floyd, lennox, rocky, klitschko, calzaghe all walked away before ending up like louis, ali, duran, charles, doesn't make them greater.

personally, while i hate seeing silva or fedor on the floor, i also feel like we miss out when top athletes retire when they still obviously have alot more to give. i don't see protecting a legacy as somehow more honorable than fighting on. they all make individual choices for their own reasons. silva is fighting on 13 years beyond where gsp and khabib's walked away. i respect them walking away, i do, but as a fan i feel like i'm missing out on some good years as well. it's entirely selfish.
lol, I'm agreeing with kflo. Something's wrong.

Good post.

Anyone with a brain knows Anderson was scared of Jones

Weight classes only matter for non-champs and any champ not named GSP.... That bias though lol
Says the man who always says Anderson was in his prime at 38, but not GSP at 32 of course... And thinks Weidman broke Silva's leg ON PURPOSE with a leg kick defense. lol.

That's why you used Silva vs Jones as an example, because your notion of things simply doesn't exist. The most biased and brainless of all time.

This Sherdogger is a joke. Go learn some MMA, casual.

Last edited:
Back