Dana going off on the Holm/Pennington fight and making the ref the scapegoat

He made the fight. TF he think was going to happen?

I mean, at least the had shorts and jiggle but the camera kept going to side shots

Although I understand you do what is in your best interest to win, you would think that at on some level, realizing that you probably have the most eyes on you you've had in awhile (being on this PPV), both you and your opponent would have some kind of unspoken understanding of, "ok, let's show the millions of new viewers what WMMA is all about."

That doesn't cross their minds? Like I said, I know it's about winning, but in this special case, you'd think that the women especially would be looking to create new fans by putting on a "casual friendly" style match (i.e. striking).

Wmma is trash. It's not the refs fault

Stop watching WMMA... problem solved.
Stop whining about WMMA. Problem solved.<YeahOKJen>

It was dana who failed. Because he is the one putting those fights on the cards. WMMA can go back to some other league most of their fights are low level utter shit.
The UFC has a cash flow line called capital expenditures. They should use it more.<TheDonald>

<Fedor23>

Jackson/Wink fighters fight to win and always have.

It ain't always pretty.
For sure. It's a business. Businesses make business decisions.<13>

Jackson Wink has been known to be sport killers.

Exploiting that scoring and making boring fights.
trite, Trite, TRITE.:rustled:

Although I understand you do what is in your best interest to win, you would think that at on some level, realizing that you probably have the most eyes on you you've had in awhile (being on this PPV), both you and your opponent would have some kind of unspoken understanding of, "ok, let's show the millions of new viewers what WMMA is all about."
Buy ursev a sports bra, and jump in.{<buffer}

That doesn't cross their minds? Like I said, I know it's about winning, but in this special case, you'd think that the women especially would be looking to create new fans by putting on a "casual friendly" style match (i.e. striking).
This has media wonk written all over it. The corporate line.{<BJPeen}

Not the ref's fault. If the UFC doesn't like it they should ban the clinch or stop whining.

There shouldn't even be separation from any grappling. Bad luck if it's boring; it's on the other fighter to do something about it.

They hire these {strike} martial artists {strike} contractors to beat themselves silly. Then complain either way.
McGregor Knockouts Cowboy
•Jan 18, 2020

Timmy Shouts

11.2K subscribers
McGregor knockouts Cowboy

Holly & Raquel (who took that 5 round tenderizing on high from Nunes) failed WWE 101.<HisEye>

Funnily enough during the show cant remember which fight it was but Rogan was berrating the refs for standing up or separating them from the clinch and that they should be left alone

Didn’t watch, I generally use wmma as my break time. But if Holm won in boring fashion I’d say blame yourself for booking the fight in a co-main slot. And blame Pennington for having no answer. lil blame to ref and some to holm too but holm did what she needed to get the w. Ref can only do so much without over stepping.

Only person you can blame is Pennington for not defending against it. Blaming the ref is for morons.

Dana is an idiot if he expected anything else from that fight. It went exactly as most people expected. Blame the UUC for putting it on the main card at all.

Said he almost walked out of the fight it was so frustrating. Blamed the ref for not breaking up the clinch. Didn't say anything about Holm just wanting to clinch the whole fight.

The ref bears some responsibility, but Holm and her corner deserves some blame too for coming with the most boring gameplan ever.

timestamped

I love Danas straight shooting.

Didn’t watch the fight, skipped 5 minutes at a time three times until I saw Holm won by UD. Expected outcome and I am glad there is enough MMA that I don’t have to suffer through shit fights. Holm can ONLY deliver if she fights an exciting opponent and Rocky has never been in a decent fight. Also, didn’t they fight before? And I recall that fight being atrocious.

it's insane they made that fight as a co-main on a PPV

the first fight sucked ffs

sometimes the decisions these guys make baffle me

it was a lame fight that they should have not made or put in that slot....

also the ref should have seperated them more....

Rogan was going off all night about his circle jerk dream that these are "Real fights!" and not an actual sport with at least some commitment to be fan friendly.....if someone is not attempting serious damage and/or to advance their position they should be warned to work and if they dont, they should be reset

ref's giving warning cards is needed

Back