Dana frozen out of McGregor / Mayweather talks

"I'm gonna shut down your division" or "you're not a needle mover" probably won't work on Floyd. So Dana's usual bullying tactics just don't apply.
Those mansions in Danas neighborhood that got bought and demolished was probably Floyd with the implied threat.

He's a good kid but Dana is just not a needle mover in today's market

Historically this sort of thing would be Lorenzo - Dana was never in the middle of high level business dealings.

WME-IMG are among the best entertainment negotiators on the planet and they literally put deals together for a living. There is no version of reality where Dana would be involved in the specifics of a contract like this, especially the granular stuff.

This is a non-story.

dana is in the middle of the mcgregor vs. mayweather talks. it would be nice if he wasn't, but he is. the news that came out is wrong.

Now I feel like the fight may happen. I think WME gave the reigns to Dana and he dropped the fucking ball and hasn't gotten anything done in months of negotiations.

You think that anybody was going to let Dana negotiate directly with Al Haymon and Mayweather?

There's no way in hell that Haymon would tolerate one minute of Dana's bully tactics.

Historically this sort of thing would be Lorenzo - Dana was never in the middle of high level business dealings.

WME-IMG are among the best entertainment negotiators on the planet and they literally put deals together for a living. There is no version of reality where Dana would be involved in the specifics of a contract like this, especially the granular stuff.

This is a non-story.

It is for casuals who actually think that Dana is the boss because he's been the public face of the UFC for so long.

Lies, I know for a fact he was busy running his daycare...
mma_cruz_faber_d1_576.jpg

It needs to happen

his demands were ridiculous and the resulting fallout from all the idiots backing him makes it even more imperative. If it keeps up soon we'll be hearing stories about Dana abusing him at the TUF facility.

That's called negotiating son. One party starts at one extreme. The other party goes in the other direction. Then they meet somewhere in the middle.

BTW it's not 2008 anymore. Smacking down DJ isn't going to bring anybody into line. The Reebok deal, the WME sale and a bunch of other shit have destroyed fighter loyalty/fear of the promotion.

Back in the day, the whole roster would have turned on DJ after Dana attacked him on Serra's podcast. In reality, only a handful of fighters have come out against him. Same goes for fan perception. Sherdog opinion doesn't represent the general fan sentiment that you see on social media. Most people are angry at the UFC and Dana rather than MM.

BREAKING: "Trust me, I'm running the Mayweather-McGregor deal," White said. "I'm the only one in on it."

Okay. Now I finally think that this fight could potentially happen. Clearly, Floyd was never going to work with a beta like Dana White.

This is a non-story.

harry-ellis-bubby.jpg

It'll never happen anyways.

And what would it prove, I mean Floyd is like 40.

What are Dana's negotiation credentials other than "I'm going to smear campaign you!" :D
You forgot "I'm going to cut you" and my new personal favorite "I'm going to fold the entire division."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back