Dana frozen out of McGregor / Mayweather talks

Seismic

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Mayweather-McGregor: Dana White Not Involved in Negotiations

According to a report in the Los Angeles Times, there are serious ongoing negotiations to finalize the fall cross-sport boxing match between former five division world champion Floyd Mayweather Jr. and UFC superstar Conor McGregor.

The paper indicates that UFC President Dana White is not involved in the negotiations. Both sides are pushing to finalize the pay-per-view bout for a date in "early fall"

The talks are between the UFC ownership group — Ari Emanuel’s Beverly Hills agency WME-IMG — and Mayweather’s adviser Al Haymon, the head of Premier Boxing Champions.

- See more at: http://www.boxingscene.com/mayweath...ved-negotiations--117350#sthash.fT3YO0Wt.dpuf

Think the owners got together and thought Dana's out of his league with a fight of this magnitude?

"I'm gonna shut down your division" or "you're not a needle mover" probably won't work on Floyd. So Dana's usual bullying tactics just don't apply.

"I'm gonna shut down your division" or "you're not a needle mover" probably won't work on Floyd. So Dana's usual bullying tactics just don't apply.

Exactly. Dana has made his living from bullying and threatening fighters. He can't bully or threaten Floyd. Mayweather isn't on his payroll, and has enough money to just walk away from the table all together. This is way out of Dana's league.

s25z68.jpg

Lol this guy was saying a couple of weeks ago "GGG/Canelo stole our date" like he's the promoter of the fight.

What a fucking embarrassment.

Dana is a promoter and when it came to serious business negotiations the Fertittas did most of it.
Maybe they let him do the stuff they didn't care about.

Dana is a promoter and when it came to serious business negotiations the Fertittas did most of it.
Maybe they let him do the stuff they didn't care about.

Yup, Lorenzo was always the classy clean up crew when Dana's low grade Pitbull tactics didn't work.

http://www.mmamania.com/2017/6/8/15...ing-negotiations-mayweather-vs-mcgregor-fight

The new owners know Mayweather and company will walk away no problem because DW doesn't like to negotiate. He can't bully or honey pot TMT/Showtime.

You need a true business man that understands if I give here then I'll be able take there.

Showtime already said in the past that DW's terms for this fight were ridiculous. WME understands it's better to make some money than none.

GOOD

This will give him plenty of time focus on firing Demetrious!

GOOD

This will give him plenty of time focus on firing Demetrious!

Not going to happen dude.

DJ exposed what was going on behind the scenes on Monday and nobody from the UFC/WME has tried to smack him down publicly or even denied what he said.

It's likely that they give him a pay bump to take the fight.

guess its pretty much a done deal now?

I feel like the UFC is screwing themselves out of money if it happens...

Last edited:
That's not cool. Dana at one point was the number 1 p4p Boxercizer in the world...
11852.jpg

To me it's stupid not to have that knowledge and experience present at the negotiating table.

Now I feel like the fight may happen. I think WME gave the reigns to Dana and he dropped the fucking ball and hasn't gotten anything done in months of negotiations.

What are Dana's negotiation credentials other than "I'm going to smear campaign you!" :D

Small time promoter has no business in that negotiation anyway.

Yeah it's probably more likely this bullshit fight happens now without Dana White in the mix, I'm sure the new ownership group of the UFC want this fight pretty bad to help recoup some money and gain more popularity. Unfortunately I only see it being a short term financial gain for the UFC as the autistic Irishman will most likely never fight in the octagon again. I'm still hoping something comes up and cancels this shit and Mcgregor realizes he has to fight in the UFC to make more millions hahaha.

Loving all the hate from people who have no idea of what goes on behind the curtains. You guys sound so silly.

Not going to happen dude.

DJ exposed what was going on behind the scenes on Monday and nobody from the UFC/WME has tried to smack him down publicly or even denied what he said.

It's likely that they give him a pay bump to take the fight.

It needs to happen

his demands were ridiculous and the resulting fallout from all the idiots backing him makes it even more imperative. If it keeps up soon we'll be hearing stories about Dana abusing him at the TUF facility.

Back