Dana finally said it!!!!!

Eh... learn to deal with it. UFC was supposed to be which Martial Art is better. Now an evolved MMA fighter learns all facets of the game. If you cannot deal with a solid wrestler, then you are not a complete fighter.

The guy was 9-0 in MMA using just grappling. That's 9 guys who need to learn how to grapple. It is not one guy who needs to start kickboxing.

Wooten did a solid job. He timed a takedown with a knee, put the a wrestler on his back, and had decent defense off the cage. I would have liked to see him break from the clinch more and maintain distance but it worked out for him in the end.

White was holding Hill's first fight against him because hill wasn't one dimensional or boring against Wooten . Hill had a nice slam landed good punches and Wooten was bleeding and hill was throwing spinning back fists , he was fighting and trying to do damage and ate a big knee n still kept going so I don't know what Dana was talking about . He fuckin annoys me sometimes when he tries to be cool and a tough guy .

This isnt the Ultimate Wrestling Championship, its the Ultimate Fighting Championship.

Finally, took him long enough.

Probably the only thing hes ever said I agree with.

You dont do anything by attacking wrestling, apart from turn the fights from amateur wrestling friendly bouts to pro wrestling bouts.

The irony in his comment is strong.

Dana actually said the same thing in regards to Caraway when he was laid on a guy to get into the house.

It's not the Ultimate Wrestling Championship, but the judging criteria certainly makes it seem that way.

I was cheering when he said it, but actually in the fight, that Josh guy was far from the worst one dimensional wrestler we've seen.

He was pretty bad though. I can't stand Ronda and tend to root against her fighters just because they are on her team... but I definitely found myself rooting against Josh in this fight.

Dana hates one dimension fighters, unless that dimension is to stand and bang with zero wrestling or grappling skills then its ok.

As much as I agree with Dana about boring fights, it is called mixed martial arts. Askren said it a few weeks ago, if you wanna see two guys throw punches they have something called boxing. Takes away from Dana's credibility when he grills on guys like this kid over 1 fight but worships GSP and his last few performances. Bottom line is if you can sell PPV's and you're a big draw, he could care less.

This isnt the Ultimate Wrestling Championship, its the Ultimate Fighting Championship.

Finally, took him long enough.

Probably the only thing hes ever said I agree with.

Even though he has said some fowl things. He is worth over $100,000,000 and you are worth ????........thats what I thought....he is not running for a Political office he is providing Entertainment for all of us and is doing a pretty good damn job of it...

Dana has said that before. He's also said that if you can't stop someone from taking you down and holding you there then you deserve to lose, which is 100% true.

Hill also did far more than what Dana gave him credit for. He had Wootten's back and was constantly working.

Joe Rogan has spoken about this sometimes and on reflection, I think he has a point. His point was that even if a guy is laying on someone and holding them down, that's a fight. Its realistic. "Mixed martial arts" is a legal term that we use to describe the sport of professional cage fighting, people forget that. Its about fighters and fighting. Some happen to be martial artists and some aren't. But a fight is a fight, and its on the person being held down to either be the better fighter and get up and if he can't, he can't. Its realistic. As boring as that may be to most of us, when I consider it in that regard I agree with Joe Rogan, just leave it alone. You're either the better fighter or you're not.

the first step against overvalue of TD

next one is criteria change , a TD in the end of the rnd should be irrelevant for scoring , if not viewed negatively

Joe Rogan has spoken about this sometimes and on reflection, I think he has a point. His point was that even if a guy is laying on someone and holding them down, that's a fight. Its realistic. "Mixed martial arts" is a legal term that we use to describe the sport of professional cage fighting, people forget that. Its about fighters and fighting. Some happen to be martial artists and some aren't. But a fight is a fight, and its on the person being held down to either be the better fighter and get up and if he can't, he can't. Its realistic. As boring as that may be to most of us, when I consider it in that regard I agree with Joe Rogan, just leave it alone. You're either the better fighter or you're not.

agree with JR when he says he is against stand ups , but being on top and do nothing shouldn't count any point being as irrelevant as air lazy jabs

the difference between maia and shild , maia fought to win , shilds to score points

agree with JR when he says he is against stand ups , but being on top and do nothing shouldn't count any point being as irrelevant as air lazy jabs

the difference between maia and shild , maia fought to win , shilds to score points

Agreed. Shields always fights like that, was really hoping Maia would win so they could cut Shields.

So its not ok to be the Ultimate Wrestler but alright to be Ultimate kickboxer?

I don't know which bugs me more - shitty judges decisions, or Dana's bitching about grappling. Especially with the horrible sloppy standup that goes on in some fights, he'll still bitch incessantly about grappling.

I can understand where he's coming from. He's trying to sell the sport, people. If it's not interesting to watch, it's not going to sell. Striking, even if it's not good technique, is more interesting than seeing a guy pull a TD and then lay on top of the other guy for a whole round. A good grappling match, where both fighters are looking for passes, subs, going for dominant position for ground and pound, looking to stand up, and whatnot is completely different.

Even though he has said some fowl things. He is worth over $100,000,000 and you are worth ????........thats what I thought....he is not running for a Political office he is providing Entertainment for all of us and is doing a pretty good damn job of it...

Weirdest case of white knighting ever. Guy says he agreed with Dana, and you still attacked him.

The only smart guy that doesn't listen to Dana is GSP. GSP has wrestled his way to wins while other guys with a wrestling background like Rashad, Koscheck, etc etc. are pressured into fighting the standup game.

I was cheering when he said it, but actually in the fight, that Josh guy was far from the worst one dimensional wrestler we've seen.

Yeah, it seemed like they were throwing him under the bus a bit. The guy wasn't setting the world on fire, but he was trying. There has been a plethora of other fighters stinking up the TUF house, pretty much all of seasons 16. I'm not fond of the wrestle-point method, but there have been other guys that embody the strategy much more and received less criticism.

Wooten's fight to get in the house was just as boring as the one Josh was in - just trying to play favorites.

Back