Dana/Fertittas/Zuffa need to make an appointment with the commission re:i judging

tenniswhiz

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
It's happening over and over. It's not fair to the fighter who really won and it's not fair to the fans who watch a guy win a fight only to see the judges rob him.

Props to Kenny for calling the judges out and saying that the 30-27 Diego judge "should be ashamed".

C'mon Dana. Get on the commission's schedule, get some judges fired, make the minimum competency to be a judge higher, and help bring justice to this sport.
You can say all the 4 letter words you want after the event, but it won't change the fact that judging in this sport is F'd.

This Pearson robbery was worse than the Gomi robbery.

This is the worst i've seen. Agreed someone with clout needs to address this.

Usually if Dana and Co. really feel a fighter was robbed they will pay him his win money. At least that's all i am hoping for in this case.

hate to break it to people BUT THIS IS WHY TOURNAMENTS DON'T WORK

the ufc will treat pearson like he won.

People bitch at the UFC for any little thing they get wrong but when you look at the incompetence that the commissions perform without any consequences, it's disgusting. Judges should be reviewed annually and if they have consistent bad calls, they should be thrown out. There is a difference between a judge seeing something differently and outright calling a bullshit score.

It's definetly not gonna help the sport grow if fans and fighters can't have faith in the commission

I think it was actually worse than Nam Phan vs Garcia 1. Probably the worst decision in MMA history.

My thing is, ultimately does it matter what the judges say who are appointed by the commission?

Can't the UFC just treat Pearson like the winner? Give him his winning bonus, move him up the rankings and give him a step up in his next fight?

hate to break it to people BUT THIS IS WHY TOURNAMENTS DON'T WORK

the ufc will treat pearson like he won.

What does a bad decision have to do with whether or not tournaments work?

The UFC will also treat Sanchez like he won--since he actually did win.

My thing is, ultimately does it matter what the judges say who are appointed by the commission?

Can't the UFC just treat Pearson like the winner? Give him his winning bonus, move him up the rankings and give him a step up in his next fight?

Yes, what the judges say matter more than anything else.

UFC can give him a win bonus, they can't move him up the ranking since the UFC doesn't control how the media votes, yes the UFC can give him a step up in his next fight.

This is IMHO exactly the kind of match why judging will never change under Zuffa, American fan favourites being given gift decisions over foreign opponents is likely exactly what they want.

Back