Dana: Fabio Maldonado begged for the Stipe fight. Stipe's management didn't want it.

He's the man for wanting a payday and knowing if he loses he'll look like a company man and will not be cut for it?

He's going to get bashed in the head by someone--is it really worse to get bashed by Stipe than Glover? Not really.

I think he just has no illusions about his own ceiling as far as MMA. In every interview he gives, he's very candid and doesn't use the same tired lines of "coming for the belt" or "I believe I could beat anyone in this division". Knowing that, he just wants to jump at the chance to get all the best fighters he can, and in this case that means making himself available to literally any fight.

Hope Stipe wins, his stock will take a nose dive if he doesnt.

Can't see why Stipe's management didn't want the fight. He would have been knocked out brutally by JDS, and now he gets to fight a chubby LHW that doesn't have that much power. It's a very easy payday for Stipe. In the top 10, I only see him beating Nelson (which he already did) - the rest are too athletic and skilled and he won't be able to outwork them. So, this is a perfect fight for Stipe. Should get an easy pay check and get more time to improve his skills before he fights a top 10 fighter who's not Nelson.

Your eyes deceive you. Stipe is a top 5 heavyweight when you ignore the rankings (and you should).

Wonder why Stipe's management didn't want the fight.

It is sort of lose-lose for Stipe: if he wins, he beat a one-dimensional LHW who had no time to prepare for him. If he loses, he lost to a one-dimensional, etc. No disrespect to Fabio though, he's the man for stepping up.

Miocic is going to deliver a savage beating to Maldonado.

When Maldanado gets absolutely pummeled in a 1 sided affair, I hope the UFC realizes they are suppose to be professionals and should bare a great deal of criticism.

You have a giant stable of fighters in which you can make legitimate competitive match ups that don't put a fighters health and well being in jeopardy because you guys apparently have no other possible options.

I'm sorry but this is totally fucked up, and when Fabio receives an epic beating I hope the media rips Dana apart for it.

For the UFC to be as big as they are, and have the resources they have, a decision like this should makes them look bush league.

When Maldanado gets absolutely pummeled in a 1 sided affair, I hope the UFC realizes they are suppose to be professionals and should bare a great deal of criticism.

You have a giant stable of fighters in which you can make legitimate competitive match ups that don't put a fighters health and well being in jeopardy because you guys apparently have no other possible options.

I'm sorry but this is totally fucked up, and when Fabio receives an epic beating I hope the media rips Dana apart for it.

For the UFC to be as big as they are, and have the resources they have, a decision like this should makes them look bush league.

I think you are underrating/underestimating brawldonando here.

I think you are underrating/underestimating brawldonando here.

Let me be clear.

I am an advocate that the man is a true badass. I love how he fights, and I love his true grit.

Having said that. I'm not interested in the UFC making match ups that are so incredibly loopsided in favor of 1 guy, that it almost feels wrong to watch.

This fight will be nothing more than an invitation for fans to watch 1 man get absolutely pummeled until the fight is over.

Of course this can happen when a legitimate quality match up is made when the fighters match up very well. In this case, they don't match up even slightly well, and there is nothing that will lead me to believe Joe Silva and Dana White don't realize this.

Maldonado better win or else all this talk will be for nothing haha

my line has Maldonado at +420....

tempted to throw down a few bucks.

Back