Dana doesn't want to give a dime to his stars

Except that boxing has the Ali act, federal law that limits what promoters can get away with in terms of exclusivity.
Also, boxing's revenue splits are waaaaay more favorable than 20% for the athletes.

I'm with you as far as "Then dont fight, test free agency and let them compete for you."
But that would require the UFC to willingly release you.

I'm sure that many of these money disputes will dissipate once live crowds return. I think Dana is doing his best to mitigate their funds until then.
Hopefully they get it all figured out.
No one has to be released. They just have to fulfill their contracts and not resign to exclusive deals. The model has been the same for 20 years. No one's had the balls to put a card together with a few guys or go it alone. Prove you can make money without UFC backing and the UFC crumbles or pays to compete.

No one has to be released. They just have to fulfill their contracts and not resign to exclusive deals. The model has been the same for 20 years. No one's had the balls to put a card together with a few guys or go it alone. Prove you can make money without UFC backing and the UFC crumbles or pays to compete.
You're not wrong, but it's not that simple.
Screenshot_20200608-205831_Chrome.jpg

lol, I wouldn't give a dime to my favorite players so why would he has to. Don't care about fighters pay.

Back