Dana DENIES releasing Wanderlei Silva from the UFC, says he was misinterpreted

Winston Wolf

Problem solver
@red
Reaction score
Source: http://sportv.globo.com/site/combat...wand-ele-esta-fora-do-ufc-175-nao-do-ufc.html

"My intention when I said "he was out" was to say he was out of UFC 175, and that the Nevada Athletic Comission would decide his future. He's still an UFC athlete. For now..."

EDIT: The above is the direct translation of how the quote was posted on Globo.com. Ariel's tweet read as follows:

Ariel HelwaniVerified account ‏@arielhelwani

Dana White just told me Wanderlei is still a UFC fighter. "I said he was done for (the) July 5th (card) and NSAC would decide his fate."

"Out" and "done" can be interpreted quite differently in this particular context, hence why I edited this post to include the tweet.

What do you think? Is Dana full of it as usual, or is this a classic case of miscommunication?

Last edited:
Its a fuckin shit storm at Zuffa headquarters right now. 2 events tomorrow and this fiasco.

Wand is still a big name and still owns wins over somewhat relevant UFC MWs in Cung Le and Bisping. I doubt DFW will cut him that easily especially on the heels of Bellator's 100+k ppv buys.

Its a fuckin shit storm at Zuffa headquarters right now. 2 events tomorrow and this fiasco.

Really don't see how it's a shit storm. The two evens tomorrow are fine nothing wrong with those and wandy has already been replaced with a better fight happening in the end. So How is it a shit storm right now?

Shows Dana doesn't have as much power as sherdoggers want to believe. He is nothing but the face guy.

What is weird is Dana seems to be implying that Wand's UFC career is contingent on being able to be licensed by the NSAC. They run shows in Brazil all the time. Why does it matter whether the NSAC licenses him or not?

More like Lorenzo told him to

SHUT THE FUCK UP

What is weird is Dana seems to be implying that Wand's UFC career is contingent on being able to be licensed by the NSAC. They run shows in Brazil all the time. Why does it matter whether the NSAC licenses him or not?

Maybe the fake Brazilian athletic commission set up by Zuffa will arbitrarily pretend-ban Silva from fighting in Brazilian UFC shows unless he gets licensed in Nevada. :icon_lol:

Really don't see how it's a shit storm. The two evens tomorrow are fine nothing wrong with those and wandy has already been replaced with a better fight happening in the end. So How is it a shit storm right now?

I just meant its probably really busy and there is a lot of information going back and forth so its not easy for Dana to be on the same page with the rest of his team.

Dana wouldn't release Wanderlei. Don't know why he would. He loves guys who bang.

large.gif

Dana is implying Wand's UFC career is contingent on being able to be licensed by the NSAC. They run shows in Brazil all the time. Why does it matter whether the NSAC licenses him or not?
Because the Brazil commission follows the NSAC's decisions.

Chael loses against Rashad and receives a title shot. Where does he explain the logic with this?

Belfort via KO

I'm sure a lot of fighters would lining up to fight the guy who can sit around and juice all day cause he only fights in brazil and doesn't have to worry about the NSAC.....

Doesn't make him a very valuable commodity either.

Back