Dana defends the Constitution and crushed Cancel Culture

<YeahOKJen>
D8Vr4EmUIAAbTWX.jpg

Yeah well a little virtue signalling is the strict minimum nowadays I suppose. But at least the UFC is not into censorship and ruining careers and lynching people publicly.

King Mo: cut from Zuffa-owned StrikeForce for going off on a commissioner.

John Cholish: cut for saying he lost money by fighting in Brazil.

Cris Cyborg: released for criticizing Dana

American Kickboxing Academy: nearly cancelled for speaking out against the video game likeness deal.
But that has nothing to do with the topic at hand.

King Mo: cut from Zuffa-owned StrikeForce for going off on a commissioner.

John Cholish: cut for saying he lost money by fighting in Brazil.

Cris Cyborg: released for criticizing Dana

American Kickboxing Academy: nearly cancelled for speaking out against the video game likeness deal.
You could do this all day but they're just going to keep reaching.

OP said Dana is anti-cancel and pro free speech and I’m posting examples to the contrary

No, your counter examples do not fit at all. Firing someone over statement pertaining to business is vastly different to firing someone over political correctness or political views.

Oh shut up pussy. I just don't like the cult of personality the pink goof has, and his obvious sycophant plants that he has throwing him these softball questions to manicure his image. Dana's cut plenty of fighters for what they say outside of the UFC, with examples in this thread. Go hop on his dick if what I said made you so upset.

I'm not upset at what you said, it just amazes me at how disingenuous you sjws are.

You said the political discourse of the fighters and dana are only being discussed in karate forums, as your disingenuous way of shutting down this conversation.
You essentially said, no one cares or talks about what the ufc and the fighters say about politics.

Meanwhile, in reality, everytime a fighter or dana says something political, it becomes a trending topic on twitter, which leads to the main stream media writing articles about how offensive the ufc and their fighters are and how they shouldn't be allowed to say certain things

No, your counter examples do not fit at all. Firing someone over statement pertaining to business is vastly different to firing someone over political correctness or political views.

Doesn’t that fall under free speech? Dana said fighters can say whatever they want without consequence but that’s obviously not the case

You're changing your narrative which shows how wrong you actually are.
You've gone from a 'free speech' viewpoint to a 'political correctness' viewpoint.
Pretty laughable

I'm not upset at what you said, it just amazes me at how disingenuous you sjws are.

You said the political discourse of the fighters and dana are only being discussed in karate forums, as your disingenuous way of shutting down this conversation.
You essentially said, no one cares or talks about what the ufc and the fighters say about politics.

Meanwhile, in reality, everytime a fighter or dana says something political, it becomes a trending topic on twitter, which leads to the main stream media writing articles about how offensive the ufc and their fighters are and how they shouldn't be allowed to say certain things

This is the view of someone from inside the MMA bubble. There's maybe 2 or 3 people in the entire sport of mixed martial arts that get even a blink of coverage on ESPN, to pretend Dana has faced the pressure that someone who runs any other kind of sports franchise in America is the real disingenuous take here. Tom Brady was under fire for weeks just for wearing a MAGA hat, and nobody bowed and scraped there and the controversy was gone just as fast as it arrived.

The simple fact is that Dana hasn't withstood any pressure that anyone else cracked under. They JUST had a shareholder meeting about propping up chinese talent to break into the market of a country that's actively perpetrating crimes against humanity on a daily basis. Not a single word from the "warrior king of the UFC." Pig face Dana is just as under the thumb of the powers that be as anyone else in the public eye.

OP's either naive or a simpleton. Likely, both. lol @ Dana Fking White of all people virtue signalling.

You're changing your narrative which shows how wrong you actually are.
You've gone from a 'free speech' viewpoint to a 'political correctness' viewpoint.
Pretty laughable
I don't have a strong view on this but not sure why you are so vested and agitated.

Putting everything they can under the "cancel culture" umbrella to dilute the examples the term spawned from (a prime example is when they say boycott's are cancel culture). This takes heat away from all the recent phenomenon bullshit the left is principle in. If they dilute it enough with bad-faith examples from all over the place and from all decades then no one can criticize the examples that make the left look bad.

They do this because they know they can't defend the many examples out there of the left cancelling people for bullshit reasons. So it's easier to not let the argument reach that stage and nip it in the bud.

The-the right invented cancel culture!

old threads on it
https://forums.sherdog.com/posts/164624849/
https://forums.sherdog.com/posts/164297955/

MMA is still a very small sport in the US, especially compared to the big 4. Hell even the other major “individual” sports like Golf, Tennis, Nascar and WWE still dwarf it.

I really like that Dana allows his fighters (for the most part) to speak their minds. On politics he seems to allow them complete freedom, which is great. But as far as pressure goes, I don’t think he faces the same amount of scrutiny as other sports presidents/commissioners do. He may never face it, as I don’t see MMA becoming a major player anytime soon, it’s just too violent for the average viewer. NBA/NFL/MLB have huge advertising agreements, so they have to be very aware of who they offend. Dana could care less, UFC is still a PPV driven business, so he just needs people talking about the sport.

It will be interesting to see how the ESPN/Disney relationship unfolds over time. If they truly become dependent on those funds, I can almost guarantee Dana will start toeing the line more carefully on the controversial issues. Private jets and hookers cost money, I doubt he would jeopardize his paycheck in the name of free speech.

"the UFC is leading the way on restoring the constitution in (the U.S.)."

<Dany07>

What did he have to say about Drumpfs goofs when they stormed the capitol and tried to over throw democracy?

Back