1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »
Violence/Genocide: Do not condone violence or genocide on a person or group of people. You are free to attack a person or groups ideas but you are crossing the line when calling for violence. This will be heavily enforced in threads with breaking news involving victims.

Dana defends the Constitution and crushed Cancel Culture

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by Pressure Project, Jun 14, 2021.

1. Pressure Project Don't ban me bro!

Pink Goof bring tears to my eyes.
    It’s the only non-pussied Sport left fellas.

Just look at the hate comments - people that simply hate the idea of everyone being able to express themselves equally. It’s truly telling.

2. Mesos Black Belt

3. MrKontakos Brown Belt

The land of the free, and home of the brave.
    Holy shit, that reporter dropped down and took Dana's balls straight in his mouth. Dana isn't saving shit, there's just zero eyes on this niche sport outside of sports bars and karate forums. I started laughing when the guy was painting Dana as some kind of hero and crusader for free speech. With enough public pressure he'd fold like everyone else.

4. panem-et-circenses In the garden

What kind of question is that? Lol. If an order comes down from those above telling Dana to cut someone, they will be cut. UFC has gotten rid of fighters for all sorts of reasons not related to fighting ability going back many, many years. This is pandering and nothing more.

5. Get To Da Choppa Black Belt

He's certainly paying his fighters like it's 1789

6. DaleBoca Gold Belt

Criticize China and see what happens.

7. Krixes The Undefeated Gaul Platinum Member

Dana isn't a dummy. Look what happened to the NBA....

Pinyin, evansusmc2, ElKarlo and 5 others like this.
  8. Jojomojo Brown Belt

Americans really are a weird bunch

9. Fatback96 Black Belt

You’re asking Dana White of all people this question? I feel like we could’ve asked a more MMA-related question than that.

10. KBE6EKCTAH_CCP Vive le Québec libre !

Good stuff. If there is one thing I love the UFC for is not giving into that woke trash.

Pinyin, KinG, shankmcgank and 16 others like this.
  11. textwarrior Brown Belt

So true, the whole that offends me movement has only been subtly, like a politician, snake in the grass been removing freedom of speech in this country.

It is one thing to speak hate speech, and another thing to speak your mind. Some how, these two are being viewed as one and the same...it is a tactic being used on Americans. Its just our job not to get offended all the time or be offended all the time and use that on others but it will turn around and bite you in the back or your kids. Its just a way to remove your freedom of speech.

12. JJCc Blue Belt

Sigh.... people really need to be schooled on what the first amendment is.

The first amendment is and always is about government preventing free speech. It has never and will never apply to private parties. The first amendment has nothing to do with private companies which is why these private companies can't be sued when they fire people over what they say.

Free speech in this context has nothing to do with the constitution. I am tired of people using and misquoting the constitution. This is so dumb.

Telford90, cooks1, Hitmandn and 17 others like this.
  13. Fossor Black Belt

One day Dana White will be the President!
    He will also put Ali Abdelaziz in charge of CIA

14. Snazyrazy Orange Belt

Question? More like a blowjob. And Dana never says no to those

M.U.S.C.L.E., The J0ker and pbateman like this.
  15. fg1985bg Green Belt

I don’t agree with Dana at times and I definitely have my issues with him. That being said, he absolutely nailed that answer. He couldn’t have said it better.

This sensitive culture nowadays has just gotten out of hand. This notion of “if you don’t share my belief your wrong” is ridiculous. It’s getting progressively worse as well so props to Dana for standing strong on this.

You are not wrong for supporting Trump or Biden...or swaying left or right. Believe what you want and that’s it. Unfortunately nowadays that’s not the case anymore.

Then again, you see it all the time on this site as well. You got posters screaming racism just because their favorite fighter isn’t liked by everyone. Got to be a miserable way to live life when you are so sensitive that you constantly fall back on the race card simply for a disagreement.

KinG, Kal-El, YungSithLxrd and 5 others like this.
  16. blurple 36 Inch Belt

Dana when a fighter uses their freedom of speech to talk about unions

<31>

17. JJCc Blue Belt

As a business and an employer, the opinions and things your employee says can affect your bottom line.

Imagine if Fighter A decides to share his opinion that Bellator is better at press conferences.

As a private party, you can and should always have the freedom to fire someone over their opinions or the things they say.

18. daltonames Black Belt

Except didn't the UFC make reporters basically sign a gag order with regards to reporting on Covid protocols at the beginning of the pandemic fights?

19. HumanSadness Christian Pacifist

To the left, diversity means everyone thinks exactly the same and that means everyone will think whatever the latest foolishness someone on the left came up with. I am glad Dana didn't drink the Kool-Aid of the latest nonsense. Though, there needs to be restructuring regarding how the fighters are treated and paid.

deadbeatdaddy and Pharenheit like this.
  20. TempleoftheDog Black Belt

Where I live in Alberta, Canada. There has not been one live concert or sporting event with any kind of crowd, since March last year. Most of our population has at least had their first Covid vaccination. It’s time to let us start living our normal lives again. And if you don’t want to go, then stay home.