Dana: Conor vs Khabib is expected to do about 2m PPV buys

What? Engage the Irishman in the smack talk? Who is going to sell this fight? Who is going to sell this fight? You know what the answer is. Give me a break. Come on dude you are too smart for a post like that. This Russian could not sell ice to Eskimos. He can’t speak English and nobody watches him fight. He literally wins this fight and the entire sport goes Yawn..

You haven't been paying attention then.

Khabib CAN engage in the smack talk when he wants, and he is actually low-key great when he does.

Of COURSE Conor is the main star, but he ALWAYS does his best when he has a willing dance-partner to engage him with the hyping.

Lets see

-Conor's glorious, highly anticipated return to the UFC

-Coming off a 4million buy PPV where Conor just turned a ton of boxing fans into Conor fans

100% Conor is going to get 2 million buys

All the statistics and analytics are projecting that Conor will do 2 million buys

IF Conor dominates Khabib and makes people believe that he can now take on Gsp, then the hype for Conor vs Gsp will start taking off like a rocket, and Conor will do 3 million buys vs Gsp guaranteed.

Conor coming off a dominating win over Khabib, facing Gsp for the title of all TIME GOAT, will be MMA's Floyd vs Pacquioa

Is that a fact?

Considering raging Al lasted five rounds and Connor survived the grappling from Chad and went on to knock him dead why would I think he can’t handle a couple of takedowns against this Russian? This Russian can’t strike. Did you watch his last fight? His striking is a goddamn joke. Do you understand he is facing probably alongside Anderson Silva the greatest striker ever in the UFC? Watch his last fight with Eddie. The slightest mistake made and Eddie was hurt badly. This Russian can’t strike. Like at all. It’s trash.

I'm someone who gives McGregor a reasonable chance here, but is surviving on the ground with Chad Mendes suddenly the measure of having good ground skills?

Khabib CAN engage in the smack talk when he wants, and he is actually low-key great when he does.

Of COURSE Conor is the main star, but he ALWAYS does his best when he has a willing dance-partner to engage him with the hyping.

How can he engage in trash talk when I can’t understand a word he is saying? His English sucks. And he’s boring to watch. Nobody cares about this guy. Some haters of the Irishman simply want him to win. None of them will pay a single dime after the fight is over. They don’t care about this guy.

2 million is actually realistic, surprised Dana didn't inflate it like usual and said something outrageous like 3 million.

Lets see

-Conor's glorious, highly anticipated return to the UFC

-Coming off a 4million buy PPV where Conor just turned a ton of boxing fans into Conor fans

100% Conor is going to get 2 million buys

All the statistics and analytics are projecting that Conor will do 2 million buys

IF Conor dominates Khabib and makes people believe that he can now take on Gsp, then the hype for Conor vs Gsp will start taking off like a rocket, and Conor will do 3 million buys vs Gsp guaranteed.

Conor coming off a dominating win over Khabib, facing Gsp for the title of all TIME GOAT, will be MMA's Floyd vs Pacquioa

Can you go 30 seconds without mentioning, thinking of or dreaming about Conor?

boxing fans turning into Conor fans? Gtfo here

giphy.gif

I'm someone who gives McGregor a reasonable chance here, but is surviving on the ground with Chad Mendes suddenly the measure of having good ground skills?

Uh yeah.. and is Al suddenly a good fighter? I think if you are a reasonable fan of the sport you understand he is nothing special. He lasted five rounds and that should never have happened.

I’m telling you right now you might disagree but Al gets knocked dead by Conor in less than two rounds.

Is that a fact?
Abolsutely it is.

Why wouldn't it be?

Conor did 4.65 million buys I believe

And no community gave Conor more respect and admiration for his performance then the boxing community

George Foreman

Klitschko

SRL

Errol Spence

Amir Khan

GGG

Doubt it.

This isn't Mayweather, most casuals have no idea who Khabib is.

it doesnt matter if people dont know Khabib, all the casuals have to hear is that he is an evil undefeated Russian fighting everyone's sweetheart and it will sell like hottcakes

not to mention the absolute clash in styles, the backstory with guinea pig Artem Lobov, Conor's arrest, the history the two have

this is the biggest fight ever

Uh yeah.. and is Al suddenly a good fighter? I think if you are a reasonable fan of the sport you understand he is nothing special. He lasted five rounds and that should never have happened.

I’m telling you right now you might disagree but Al gets knocked dead by Conor in less than two rounds.

I mean, do you think McGregor fares well if Khabib gets him down? I don't necessarily think Khabib stops him on the ground, but McGregor has pretty trash cardio, and getting dominated on the ground, which he will if he gets taken down, isn't going to do those stamina reserves any good. If Khabib gets him down and beats him up for the first two rounds, I don't have too much faith in Conor's power come round 3 and beyond. Again, I give McGregor a real chance early, but these are fairly outrageous takes you're giving on the fight.

Iaquinta isn't a bad fighter, by any means, either. McGregor likely beats him, but I don't really know what that has to do with Khabib/McGregor.

"Let's go with your chicken"....

Abolsutely it is.

Why wouldn't it be?

Conor did 4.65 million buys I believe

And no community gave Conor more respect and admiration for his performance then the boxing community

George Foreman

Klitschko

SRL

Errol Spence

Amir Khan

GGG

lol, so you think the boxing community is tuning in en masse (we're talking about people who already have no interest in MMA) for the next fight? The fight will do really well, but boxing fans aren't going to have any impact on the number.

I mean, do you think McGregor fares well if Khabib gets him down? I don't necessarily think Khabib stops him on the ground, but McGregor has pretty trash cardio, and getting dominated on the ground, which he will if he gets taken down, isn't going to do those stamina reserves any good. If Khabib gets him down and beats him up for the first two rounds, I don't have too much faith in Conor's power come round 3 and beyond. Again, I give McGregor a real chance early, but these are fairly outrageous takes you're giving on the fight.

Iaquinta isn't a bad fighter, by any means, either. McGregor likely beats him, but I don't really know what that has to do with Khabib/McGregor.

I think at 55 Conor is his very best. That is the best class for him without a doubt. And his striking in terms of accuracy, power is just lethal. And from a stylistic standpoint, I think the gap is far larger in terms of striking versus grappling.. He’s going to tag this guy coming in badly and hurt him. That’s just how I see it playing out.

it doesnt matter if people dont know Khabib, all the casuals have to hear is that he is an evil undefeated Russian fighting everyone's sweetheart and it will sell like hottcakes

not to mention the absolute clash in styles, the backstory with guinea pig Artem Lobov, Conor's arrest, the history the two have

this is the biggest fight ever

I'm with you
Alvarez & Aldo did 1.2m & Conor is a bigger star now
The NYC stupidity will help, plus Khabib has an aura about him that is perfect for Conor to go against.

Last edited:
I think at 55 Conor is his very best. That is the best class for him without a doubt. And his striking in terms of accuracy, power is just lethal. And from a stylistic standpoint, I think the gap is far larger in terms of striking versus grappling.. He’s going to tag this guy coming in badly and hurt him. That’s just how I see it playing out.

There is something to say for Khabib being very lax defensively and having to generally rely on the clinch to get his takedowns. That's where McGregor really has his chance. I have a real issue with anyone suggesting that McGregor's ability to last on the ground with fucking Chad Mendes (who was/is infamous for having a really ineffective top game despite his excellent takedowns) is indicative of him doing well with Khabib if he finds himself on the bottom. That's plainly absurd. If McGregor winds up on the bottom against Khabib, he's in trouble, and McGregor has never shown to be a guy who carries his punch.

Back