Dana Confirms Werdum is Ducking Overeem Rematch

Verdum ducking Overeem,JDS, Lewis or Ngannou makes since he doesn't want to get lit up or risk it. Now Ducking Struve I bet his camp thinks that is also a lose lose situation. Anyone besides Cain, JDS, or Overeem is a lose/lose situation if he beats those other guys his stock doesn't go up much if he loses he probably never gets another shot at the title. Sad to see him duck Overeem. But Overeem took the Hunt fight which is a lose/lose for him in some facets I don't think a win throws him back in the title picture, but Overeem believes he is the best... as all fighters of Championship caliber should feel.

He's won one fight since Stipe. I can understand not wanting to take chances if you have a win streak going but he doesn't have anything. He's basically willing to sit out and hope the UFC gives him the title shot. I'd rather let JDS have it and give Stipe a chance to avenge that loss.

Werdum is the guy who in good faith signed a contract to fight Cain 5 times now. Cain and the UFC have wasted his time and risked his career 4 times now. They should give him some slack.

I wouldn't mind seeing reem vs jds 2

If the JDS that fought Rothwell shows up, it's gonna be a bad fight for the Reem.

The timid JDS who stares at Overeem for 5 mins straight get finished again.

Great fight.

he shouldnt have to fight anyone on short notice. he is just being smart with his health.

It really is fucking insane that game Dana will play with certain fighters.

You can't go around calling people names and disrespecting other fighters yet refuse to fight them. I swear I use to like Werdum, but after his JDS comments I've come to the conclusion that the man is just a scumbag.
Not unlike Ronda, he has a big sense of entitlement. He lost his Spanish broadcast gig because he thought nothing could happen to him if he bashed Reebok publicly:

Notice anything weird?
Werdum-trolls.png

ComplicatedRadiantAmericanblackvulture.gif

Whatever let werdum sit on the sidelines and let the rest of the HW's fight to the top and actually earn title shots.

I know...

It's not like Werdum was set up to earn another title shot at this next event, except his opponent dropped out for like the 3rd time...

More thought required.

smart enough move for werdums legacy/career considering the strikeforce loss was meh, werdum got the ufc belt while overeem has still been just as spotty. overeems has 1 punch ko but he is just a diminished fighter and should reallyu consider not fighting anymore. perhaps werdum cant see himself fighting him again for that reason alone, i'd appreciate that. even if werdum is 'ducking' because he's the better fighter with a clearer path at this point and just finds it irrational due to risk reward that should always be respectable. because it is. a ko from overeem does nothing, less than nothing for fans of both.

If the JDS that fought Rothwell shows up, it's gonna be a bad fight for the Reem.

The timid JDS who stares at Overeem for 5 mins straight get finished again.

Great fight.
I agree, when JDS is aggressive he is awesome. JDS vs Hunt is one of my all time favourite fights.

I hope we can see JDS knock out Overeem, I really think he can do it.

Werdum is ducking Overeem by campaigning to fight the guy that almost killed Overeem 3 months ago.

I know...

It's not like Werdum was set up to earn another title shot at this next event, except his opponent dropped out for like the 3rd time...

More thought required.

We get it Cain dropped out. Isn't the first or last time a title contenders fight was ruined because one of the opponents dropped out. Never guaranteed you a title shot in the past not sure why it would now.

Like I said let him sit on the sidelines and wait for that title shot. UFC barely gives title shots to people they said they would now he wants to hope they'll give it to him while turning down several fights at the same time? He's got way more faith in the UFC then I do.

so he had 2 opportunities to avenge a loss(jds/overeem) and he turned it down lol

he asked dana for 500k + ppv points to fight anybody, who the fuck does this guy think he is? LMAO

There are a lot of fights that are really bad for Werdum in the division. Overeem and JDS are two of the worst.

But wow, lost respect for him now. Dude literally gonna keep turning down contenders so he gets a freebie title shot (Cain was his best match up out of any of the top 5 by far)? hope Dana says F him

he asked dana for 500k + ppv points to fight anybody, who the fuck does this guy think he is? LMAO

I have to ask, did you even read the first text? He was asking to fight anyone. It straight up contradicts what you are saying and proves that Werdum is not turning down fights.

Why would Werdum fight Reem when he's not in title contention?

Reem just came off fighting for the title, it was a bizarre fight but he almost had Stipe. Stipe starched Werdum. A win over Overeem would cement his title shot the same as beating Cain would.

He would be undoubtedly the number 1 contender. But he's just looking for a free shot with a win over Browne now that Cain (his easiest match up by far out of anyone in the top 5 stylistically) pulled out

JDS deserves it over Werdum as things stand.

I don't know, man.

I REALLY wanted to see Werdum vs. JDS II (<{JustBleed}>), I'm not Fabricio's biggest fan in the world (to put it mildly), but at the same time, I can understand he's a professional. I mean, he's not the one to blame if AKA fucked up another card. Why should he accept dangerous fighters, completely different from the one he was preparing to in the first place?

That being said, yeah, it sucks and I really wanted him to fight one of these guys.

UFC 208 is in 2 months, plenty of time to be ready for a fight, a legit champion is not scared of any fighters of his division and Werdum is, if I were the UFC I wouldn't give him a TS unless he beats JDS or Overeem

He's ducking 2 fighters he already lost to, I'm not surprised, he only wants to fight if he has nothing to lose in that hypothetical fight

Back