Dana confirms Usman vs. Masvidal

This is how it goes:

Kamaru tries to stand and bang, Jorge rocks him bad in 1st round but he survives.
Kamaru realises he should just spoon him for the rest of the fight and does it, wins 2, 3, 4.
Jorge rocks him again in 5th, but not enough.

Woodley had awesome TDD and knockout power too

View attachment 721173

all woodley has is a right hand....guys that can box or keep a jab on him, he seems to become unresponsive...he just stands there and doesn't throw back...like he did against rory...rory just jabbed him up all fight...and woodley couldn't do anything....mas has 10x the boxing rory has...also far better standup than colby...colby was able to hit usman a good amount, just has absolutely no power....mas does...

This is how it goes:

Kamaru tries to stand and bang, Jorge rocks him bad in 1st round but he survives.
Kamaru realises he should just spoon him for the rest of the fight and does it, wins 2, 3, 4.

usman has very good takedowns, but from what I have seen, he can't keep guys down...they always seem to get back up...I see usman taking mas down, but him getting back up and lighting usman up with strikes....I give mas a very very good shot at winning.

How big is Masvidals star power if he takes the belt in impressive fashion vs a 170 monster like usman?
Of he wins he would be second to only Conor in star power. Tho he may be 2 already.

I think Usman eats 2 sides and a biscuit with the 3 piece Jorge will be feeding him.

I think Masvidal is one of the luckiest fighters ever!
Got gifted one of the easiest paths to a real championship.
Maybe, or maybe like a lot of the top guys ever he just hit his perfect stride at the perfect time. I'm not sure yet, the till fight makes me think it just might be the latter

This is how it goes:

Decent call. I'm expecting that Usman has fallen in love with his boxing because he's been beating up fellow wrestlers and grapplers for his whole career, building a false sense of confidence in his striking. So he'll come out and exchange with Jorge in the first round, which is where Mas will be most dangerous.

Maybe, or maybe like a lot of the top guys ever he just hit his perfect stride at the perfect time. I'm not sure yet, the till fight makes me think it just might be the latter
Till was and is a monster especially at 170 he's borderline cheat code, woodley was just too experienced for him in that moment, Mas putting him out is a crazy accomplishment

Really excited about the match up but holding it till July waste any main stream momentum that was gained during their run in at the Superbowl media day

80% + that Usman wins.

Masvidal is overrated. Usman is going to wrestlefuck him to death, and even when standing I don't think it's some huge advantage for Masvidal at all, Usman out-struck / had a draw with Colby standing, and Colby beat Lawler standing basically (MMA Calculator).

Masvidal is riding a 3 fight win-streak over a guy who needed a hip-replacement that was luckily flying knee'd within seconds of the match starting, Nate Diaz, and a drained / depressed Darren Till. He never beat anyone close to that level of competition prior either, I think.

Usman 50-45 the "5 years in Nigeria Nightmare" tosses Masvidal around like McGregor tossed a dolly.

I feel the same but as the old adage goes, every round starts standing and ""Jorge has a clear advantage standing."" Not to mention solid tdd and bjj.

Clear huh?? LOL!!......Masvidal is overrated as fuck around here, Jesus!! , He's gonna get raped.

Would be nice to see Jorge pull it off.

Sorry, but in your calculation you fail to include the fact he beat a LW for a made up belt.
how can this propel you to a title shot where clear top contenders are waiting patiently in line to get their shots?

This is UFC being greedy.

Yes, Masvidal was lucky, but only in his fight against Ben. He gambled he'd do one thing, and it paid off.
But he should never have gotten a title shot like that.

all woodley has is a right hand....guys that can box or keep a jab on him, he seems to become unresponsive...he just stands there and doesn't throw back...like he did against rory...rory just jabbed him up all fight...and woodley couldn't do anything....mas has 10x the boxing rory has...also far better standup than colby...colby was able to hit usman a good amount, just has absolutely no power....mas does...

Wishful thinking.

Woodley had more than just a right hand -he had the highest TDD in the division, or one of the highest. Usman will take Masvidal down at will just like he did to Woodley.

He stood with Colby to save his gas tank because cardio was apparently Colby's dangerous strength.

You're also underestimating Colby's standup - he was the better striker than Lawler in his fight just prior, and Lawler was one of the best strikers in the division.

Usman beats Masvidal any way he wants. He'll likely chose the easier route via wrestling

Last edited:
All hype bias aside this should be a close ass fight.

Mas impressed like crazy in his fight with Maia and people are so set on his wins that they forget he was 50/50 with the best grappler in the division.
(Maia only shot on Colby after gassing and almost got usman down twice?)

Mas has a nice jab but has been abandoning his jab to focus on angles and tricky high count hard hitting combos instead which has been doing wonders for his new WW frame

BUT

Usman has been showing some really fundamentally good striking with big power.
His jabs against Colby were powerful, precise and amazing at setting the range he wanted. He looks a bit stiff and his combos don't flow like Mas but he has good IQ and shot selection.

I expect this to be a close fight with Usman pressing forward and hitting Mas at his range, he should be able to get the occasional takedown but Mas should be tricky enough to break free. Mas will most likely get his preferred range from time to time and do some damage but I expect Usman to use the jab to re establish range and get the occasional takedown to keep Mas guessing.

Wouldn't be surprised to see either guy win. This is a dope ass fight!

Low key expect this to be another fight of the night

Last edited:
Masvidal is a crafty fighter, and I wouldn't sleep on him in this fight. His record is a little deceiving as to what his skill level really is, a lot of his early losses were due to him coasting in fights he thought he was winning. Does any fighter have more split decision losses than Jorge? He has at least 5. And when you consider Mas' current four fight win streak (Till, Edwards, Askren, Diaz) he is looking like he''s it a new gear.

All that said, I think grapplers tend to have the advantage in grappler vs striker matches.

Back