Dana confirms the reports of Wand running out of the gym

So our only sources are Dana and Sonnen?
hmmmm....I don't know what to make of this.

I agree that these guys are not the most trustworthy but what does dana have to gain by saying wand ran out of the gym due to a drug test? Either way wand destroyed this matchup on his own and was either juicing or had no desire to fight Sonnen. He's gone through the Nevada process tons of times before, no reason to fail on it now.

I believe about 10% of what Dana says nowadays. 20% of Sonnen's words non-shtick.

I don't care what he has to say.

Given Wand's history of taking fights I can't believe that he was scared to fight Sonnen. However, I do think he didn't like the idea of Sonnen's wrestling and wanted every advantage he could get. Considering the history between the two I think Wand wanted to do every single thing he could to win this fight. So I think juicing is something he might have done and then he had to duck the test.

But how can Dana confirm a goddamn thing if he wasn't there? That's like me confirming that there were 12 shooters involved in the JFK assassination because someone told me it happened. I may believe that Wand ran from the test, but Dana's confirmation doesn't give it any more or less credibility.

don't you think that the promoter hears something from the Athletic Commission? these are state employees, and he's trying to put together a card and must have some kind of take from them about what happened?

he seemed to know wand wouldn't get licensed for example. do you think he literally just made that up?

Wand hearing the NSAC had arrived to test him
george-and-the-fire_4645730_GIFSoup.com.gif

Wand fleeing the scene and losing the heat
1322675608_damien_walters_gets_in_and_out_of_moving_truck.gif

Wand jumping into the real getaway car
best_animated_images_car_jump_in.gif

Wand crossing the border into Mexico or wherever he's from
best-gifs9-car-jump-over-big-tv.gif

Source: https://twitter.com/danawhite

Wand: How to take 15 years to build up the most scary, most fearless, most violent badass fighter persona ever known to man -- and how to tear it all down in matter of days by running from an Oregon "gangster" with a WWE shtick.

Dana was called by the commission personally, so if anybody knows the story it's him. Sonnen most likely got this information from Dana.

Looks bad for Wand. Just as bad as Overeem fleeing to Holland to visit his sick mother, to the Williams sister hiding in her safe room. Totally not suspicious, at all.

don't you think that the promoter hears something from the Athletic Commission? these are state employees, and he's trying to put together a card and must have some kind of take from them about what happened?

he seemed to know wand wouldn't get licensed for example. do you think he literally just made that up?

Did you ever hear Juliana Pena's story about how her leg got wrecked? It was far different from what Dana "confirmed" after speaking to Pena. However, I don't doubt that Wand ran from the test. I just don't think that Dana's confirmation gives the story any more or less weight.

Not willing to sign legal contracts in a foreign language in a gym is an obvious one.

wand's totally new to the sport, right? he never understood what an athletic commission was up til now. and didn't know about random drug tests, right? other immigrants who speak english as a second language like overeem have had the same problem. it's not about PEDs or anything like that. and then wand forgot about everything for several days on account of not being smart and also having head trauma and memory loss. and now he's sorry. got it.

Dana said it, so it's 100% legit.

Did you ever hear Juliana Pena's story about how her leg got wrecked? It was far different from what Dana "confirmed" after speaking to Pena. However, I don't doubt that Wand ran from the test. I just don't think that Dana's confirmation gives the story any more or less weight.

you think wand is going to get a license to fight in nevada within the next 12 months?

how long did overeem have to sit after he pulled this shit?

edit: and to be fair i've heard dana say all kinds of over the top shit that turned out not to be true: chuck fighting wand (while pride existing); an announcement about an announcement that was coming (then there was no announcement); the pena thing.

but i assume in this case dana actually heard something from the commission that reflects their position. i don't think he's just reading frontrowbrian on twitter.

It is 100% confirmed that Dana had a 0% chance of seeing Silva, flee the scene.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back