News Dana confirms no masks will be required by fans at ufc 261

How about the 23 year old in shape former distance runner who isnt even aware yet( cause hes so young) that he has some sort of condition that hasnt reared its ugly head and all of a sudden hes in a hospital bed with renal failure and his parents have to hear ( over the phone ) that it's a result of covid 19. Then they get to hear the unimaginable words that " community hospice " will be by today and tomorrow.
Let that sink in. This is no longer a disease for the old & obese.How many doctors , nurses and aides have we lost ?

While ,I'll acknowledge it's not the spanish flu of a century ago- well- it's not the " flu" either.
Let's these vaccines do what they're supposed to do THEN we can start to ease.
Wearing a mask doesnt = living in fear .
In fact, I fucking hate it ......but I do it.

Are we done here ?

I really dont want to get into a back & forth about something like this.
No we’re not lol I got time to kill
But seriously I ask you,
when will it be ok to stop wearing a mask and social distancing and limiting capacity when corona will never fully go away? The same examples you have will always be a factor.

I got my mask ready!

upload_2021-4-22_4-22-18.png

A comedian Dustin Nickerson did a recent show where he was talking about him doing shows in the south and the people were giving him shit because he wore a mask

"take that mask off you're just living in fear" <- Them
"Really? What are all those guns for?" <- Dustin

The audience who told him to stop living in fear was open-carrying guns while he was performing?

I hope the champions and challengers have all been vaccinated, at least.
Apparently Rose lost relatives to covid, and was the reason she pulled out of a fight last year. I wonder how she feels about all this.

Apparently Rose lost relatives to covid, and was the reason she pulled out of a fight last year. I wonder how she feels about all this.
Good point.

I wonder if anyone on Zhang's team has a clue about how meaningless it is, in terms of a guarantee of safety, that Florida officials gave the go-ahead for allowing this fight with an unmasked audience. I hope the Chinese won't be regretting giving the benefit of the doubt to Americans and their health safety competence.

Good point.

I wonder if anyone on Zhang's team has a clue about how meaningless it is, in terms of a guarantee of safety, that Florida officials gave the go-ahead for allowing this fight with an unmasked audience. I hope the Chinese won't be regretting giving the benefit of the doubt to Americans and their health safety competence.
Im sensing a bit of sarcasm with the Chinese gov giving a shit about health and safety. But you do realize the vaccine doesn't prevent the spread? Just so we are the same page about that at least.

Im sensing a bit of sarcasm with the Chinese gov giving a shit about health and safety. But you do realize the vaccine doesn't prevent the spread? Just so we are the same page about that at least.
I think China does give a shit about the health of Weili. If she gets COVID-19, and if it is also deemed afterward that holding this fight, with an unmasked audience, was seriously irresponsible with respect to health safety, then we may have an international incident on our hands as part of the aftermath

All the chicken little retards can stay imprisoned to their precious masks. It's a symbol, nothing more. BACK TO FREEDOM.

Reactions: Ruv
But you do realize the vaccine doesn't prevent the spread? Just so we are the same page about that at least.

It would appear that they do prevent spread. Not 100% of the time, but of course something that prevents you from developing symptoms will also drastically reduce the spread of a virus that is primarily spread by symptomatic people. Look at Israel, continuous decline of cases despite returning to near normalcy. They are basically at herd immunity now, and about to drop mask mandate.

I think China does give a shit about the health of Weili. If she gets COVID-19, and if it is also deemed afterward that holding this fight, with an unmasked audience, was seriously irresponsible with respect to health safety, then we may have an international incident on our hands as part of the aftermath
My apoologies if your intent was serious.

It would appear that they do prevent spread. Not 100% of the time, but of course something that prevents you from developing symptoms will also drastically reduce the spread of a virus that is primarily spread by symptomatic people. Look at Israel, continuous decline of cases despite returning to near normalcy. They are basically at herd immunity now, and about to drop mask mandate.
The CDC was saying from the beginning that the vaccine doesnt reduce the spread, just prevents the symtoms for the people who get the vaccine. Now if that has changed, i would like to read the studies.

The CDC was saying from the beginning that the vaccine doesnt reduce the spread, just prevents the symtoms for the people who get the vaccine. Now if that has changed, i would like to read the studies.

Tbf they basically said they don't have evidence yet that it prevents spread, and that we should act as if it doesn't until we do. There was a nat geo article today that talks about how the data we have available is starting to help form a consensus in scientific community.
https://www.nationalgeographic.com/science/article/yes-vaccines-block-most-transmission-of-covid-19

Tbf they basically said they don't have evidence yet that it prevents spread, and that we should act as if it doesn't until we do. There was a nat geo article today that talks about how the data we have available is starting to help form a consensus in scientific community.
https://www.nationalgeographic.com/science/article/yes-vaccines-block-most-transmission-of-covid-19
No offence, but idgaf what nat geo says. I will at least somewhat trust what the CDC says....

No offence, but idgaf what nat geo says. I will at least somewhat trust what the CDC says....

Ok well it's not like you have to just blindly take their word for it, they are reporting on the data that is available to scientists and how they say they are interpreting it, stuff based off clinical trials as well as real word data.

Regardless, the cdc is slowly coming around to this conclusion as well "A growing body of evidence suggests that fully vaccinated people are less likely to have asymptomatic infection and potentially less likely to transmit SARS-CoV-2 to others."

Back