Dana confirms Conor gets title shot with January win - likely Dublin in May

better hope Siver doesn't spinning back kick his torso off his legs

How is this making any sense? Chad faced a wrestler? So? He is freaking wrestler himself :eek:

Conor didn't fight wrestlers and he is a striker while Chad didn't fought elite strikers and he is a wrestler. So Chad was also given favorable match ups. In fact when did he beat elite striker before he got another title shot against the best striker in division? Elkins, Guida, Lentz?

Come on. UFC is pushing Conor but its not like they gave Chad any big bumps on his way to a title shot.

Well Mendes was also undefeated other than Aldo and had already beaten Cub Swanson, Eric Koch, Javier Vasquez, Omigawa and Rani Yahya and there arent any other top strikers in the top 10. (edgar, Lamas, Bermudez, Poirer) Mcgregor some how managed to dodge him all and get basically the only tailor made fights available in the division.

Better wrestler.

Swanson was winning over strikers easy. What happened when he faced a wrestler? How do you know it won't be the same for Conor?

So now better wrestler equals better fighter? Must have missed that memo.

How many fights do you honestly watch? What was "easy" about swansons wins over poirier or siver?

We already saw swanson get decimated via grappling multiple times prior to his fight vs edgar, and even in his fight vs siver he showed a vulnerability. Mcgregor has not had any similar issues during his ufc stint.

How is this making any sense? Chad faced a wrestler? So? He is freaking wrestler himself :eek:

Conor didn't fight wrestlers and he is a striker while Chad didn't fought elite strikers and he is a wrestler. So Chad was also given favorable match ups. In fact when did he beat elite striker before he got another title shot against the best striker in division? Elkins, Guida, Lentz? Or elite strikers like Meza or Cody? Give me a break.

Yes, UFC is pushing Conor but its not like they gave Chad any big bumps on his way to a title shot.

hahahhaahhahaha Holy crap.

How about we go PRE-UFC 178 in July.

http://www.fightline.com/conor-mcgregor-calls-dustin-poirier-nik-lentz/

“You’re trying to tell me that Dustin Poirier, Nik Lentz – both Top-10 guys, no fights scheduled – didn’t know about Cole’s injury,” McGregor questioned. “Yet, nothing. They didn’t campaign for this main event slot. There wasn’t a peep out of both of them.”

Poirier went ahead and accepted the challenge on Twitter, posting, “I’m ready when you are,” and “UFC 178 sounds good to me.”

Not a single peep from your hero at that time.

So now better wrestler equals better fighter? Must have missed that memo.

How many fights do you honestly watch? What was "easy" about swansons wins over poirier or siver?

We already saw swanson get decimated via grappling multiple times prior to his fight vs edgar, and even in his fight vs siver he showed a vulnerability. Mcgregor has not had any similar issues during his ufc stint.
You said in what way is Lentz better than Poirier? I said in wrestling. How did you get he's a better fighter than that? But to answer your question, he probably is. They're both ranked right next to each other and I think Lentz has the skills to beat Poirier. But all that aside, he's better than Poirier in the one thing that the UFC is keeping Conor away from.

As for your second point, we haven't seen him have similar issues because he hasn't faced ranked guys. That's the point of people saying Conor hasn't been tested.

Styles make fights...

That's because he hasn't fought any legit wrestlers...
Are you new to MMA?

Oh, I forgot, siver is a legit wrestler :icon_lol:

I bet none of conor's opponents ever even practiced a single or double leg takedown either. :rolleyes:

What some of you are suprised? Think this is a gift?
Man this place can be so absolutely retarded sometimes. NOTHING else makes sense at this point.

You said in what way is Lentz better than Poirier? I said in wrestling. How did you get he's a better fighter than that? But to answer your question, he probably is. They're both ranked right next to each other and I think Lentz has the skills to beat Poirier. But all that aside, he's better than Poirier in the one thing that the UFC is keeping Conor away from.

As for your second point, we haven't seen him have similar issues because he hasn't faced ranked guys. That's the point of people saying Conor hasn't been tested.

Nobody was talking about poirier's vs lentz's wrestling, jackass; people were arguing over strength of opposition, and a mcgregor hater stated that lentz is better than anyone conor has faced. On the contrary, lentz has shown to be nothing but a one-dimensional grappler who can't compete with the best fighters in the division.

And the second point is a load of shit; he's fought quality opposition, just no one that has tried to lnp him, and that's what the haters want to see. Fuck them, as far as I'm concerned.

I hope Conor beats Siver.

If any Nick Diaz fan is angry for this then that must be the new low.

Oh, I forgot, siver is a legit wrestler :icon_lol:

I bet none of conor's opponents ever even practiced a single or double leg takedown either. :rolleyes:

What the hell are you talking about...
You completely mis-read my post...
stop drinking Kirin...

Well Mendes was also undefeated other than Aldo and had already beaten Cub Swanson, Eric Koch, Javier Vasquez, Omigawa and Rani Yahya and there arent any other top strikers in the top 10. (edgar, Lamas, Bermudez, Poirer) Mcgregor some how managed to dodge him all and get basically the only tailor made fights available in the division.

Edgar is not a top striker?

All style matchups that favored him. I'll give him credit. He's definitely good but the way the UFC is protecting him and rushing him to the top is sickening. Is it wrong to want to see a little bit of fairness? At least give him somebody who could actually shut up the people like me who say that he hasn't been tested vs a wrestler. I have no interest in seeing someone potentially win the belt who will most likely lose it the first time they fight someone that could expose their weakness.

The UFC has no longterm vision. It's all about right now and that's why their company is going to the shitter.

Like a Anderson Silva?

People should relax. We're witnessing greatness. Enjoy it.

If he wins against Siver he'll be on a 13 fight win streak. 5 in the UFC.

He didn't come into the UFC via a reality show - he held the belt in two weight classes in one of Europe's best orgs.

Back