Dana confirms Conor gets title shot with January win - likely Dublin in May

Don't think he deserves a title shot with a win over Siver, and I definitely don't think the fight should be in Dublin...can't say I didn't see this coming though. You can pretty much count on Conor winning by any means necessary at this point.

Frankie Edgar dominated someone coming in with a 6 fight win streak for almost 5 rounds and then submitted him. Until Conor faces someone at Edgar's caliber or knocks Aldo clean out, I can't get on board with this UFC grown product known as Conor McGregor.

Last edited:
This all day.

Conor's best career win > Mendes' best career win as well

Fights are all about style match-ups.

Conor has been facing strikers repeatedly and is about to get a shot off beating a striker ranked lower than the last guy he fought.

Chad had to beat three straight wrestlers, Elkins, Guida, and Lentz.

All I ask is Conor fight ONE wrestler but trust me UFC made sure that didn't happen lol. Lamas, Chad, Elkins, Guida, Lentz, Frankie, etc.

Somehow Conor avoided all those guys (wrestlers) lol.

what difference does it make in what town the fight is? lol. Are we really still having this conversation?

Putting the undeserving challenger in his hometown where the crowd support is going to be fucking nuts is a slap in the face to the champion. Dana knows exactly what he's doing here.

If this was anybody else you people would rage but since everybody is a fanboy of this guy it's all the sudden ok for the UFC to just hand people shots like it's the fucking WWE. It's not even the fact that they gave him a shot that I'm angry about, it's the fact that this company is clearly catering towards him. This would be all fine if the UFC would stop claiming to be the "fastest growing sport" when in reality it's more WWE than the WWE.

Just remember guys, it's all about the hard work and talent you have. Not at all about making connections and playing the part.

Because Connor has certainly shown no talent and hasn't worked hard.

I know! Korean Zombie had to beat Poirier...

tumblr_m4441v2wSs1qaa8d1o1_r1_500.gif

Mendes had to beat Cody McKenzie...

mendesmckenzie.gif

Oh wait.

McKenzie was Mendes' first fight after losign to the champ. So he went to the back of the line and that was his first fight. He had to beat 4 other guys after that, including Nik Lentz, a better win than any of Conor's opponents. So Mendes had to fight Lentz for the title, Conor has to fight Siver. lol

Aldo gets what he wants and don't you all forget it!

Great news

There's nobody else apart from Edgar.

Conor TKO round 2

Conor has been facing strikers repeatedly and is about to get a shot off beating a striker ranked lower than the last guy he fought.

All I ask is Conor fight ONE wrestler but trust me UFC made sure that didn't happen lol. Lamas, Chad, Elkins, Guida, Lentz, Frankie, etc.

Besides Frankie, nobody gives two shits about any of those fighters. They're all boring as bat shit.

If the UFC is delaying Conor facing a wrestler to ensure he has the time to 'fix' any 'potential' holes in his TDD - I'm all for that. Especially if it means we can see these 'grinders' sent back to obscurity when Conor knocks them out.

McKenzie was Mendes' first fight after losign to the champ. So he went to the back of the line and that was his first fight. He had to beat 4 other guys after that, including Nik Lentz, a better win than any of Conor's opponents.

The same Nik Lentz that ducked Conor? :icon_lol:

v9Mlqw.gif

This is pretty likely I think. Connor matches up better with Aldo then he does Frankie and Mendes.

yeah, and the ufc has trouble marketing aldo to begin with, so it makes sense to some extent.

Putting the undeserving challenger in his hometown where the crowd support is going to be fucking nuts is a slap in the face to the champion. Dana knows exactly what he's doing here.

If this was anybody else you people would rage but since everybody is a fanboy of this guy it's all the sudden ok for the UFC to just hand people shots like it's the fucking WWE. It's not even the fact that they gave him a shot that I'm angry about, it's the fact that this company is clearly catering towards him. This would be all fine if the UFC would stop claiming to be the "fastest growing sport" when in reality it's more WWE than the WWE.

If he beat Siver, the he's 5-0 against good opposition. Who is more deserving?

Holloway, Brandao, Poirier and Siver is in my opinion a pretty nice line of opponents. He won the first one with an injured knee and the other two he TKO'd in the first round. Now if he finishes Siver I would be more than happy to give him a title shot if it was up to me. You can't really say he isn't one of the absolute top dogs in featherweight division by then. Definitely worth a title shot.

This is big news. I was starting to think Conor would get the next title shot, but this makes me think Frankie.

Exactly, and Conor is the most exciting style matchup for Aldo, so this fight mkes the most sense. Aldo isn't a wrestler, so why should Conor have to beat wrestlers to fight him? Conor has been dominating strikers.

McKenzie was Mendes' first fight after losign to the champ. So he went to the back of the line and that was his first fight. He had to beat 4 other guys after that, including Nik Lentz, a better win than any of Conor's opponents. So Mendes had to fight Lentz for the title, Conor has to fight Siver. lol

In what way, shape, or form is nik motherfucking lentz better than dustin poirier?

Uuuuuhh forget about Cub Swanson there bud?

The same swanson who couldn't defend a td or fight off his back to save his life? Lost to mendes years ago because he had no clue how to counter chad's wrestling, as soon as the fight hit the mat vs lamas, got choked out, then got thoroughly grapple fucked by edgar.

People complain about mcgregor getting an easy road to a title shot...swanson was living off of extremely favorable match-ups, with the exception of poirier, who he fought on short notice, and still only beat him 29-28.

Back