Dana Commetns on Cormier fight at LHW?

No he's not .
He's fighting in SF for his last fight there.

He is talking about the Fox card in April. It would only happen if DC won on Saturday and was not hurt.

Edit (source): http://www.fiveknuckles.com/mma-new...g-at-heavyweight,-wants-Frank-Mir-on-FOX.html

DC:

When I come in [to the UFC], I am going to stay at heavyweight and I really want to fight Frank Mir. That is the fight I want. I would love for it to be on the FOX show here in San Jose. April 20, fight Frank Mir on FOX, have it be a free broadcast and that will help expose me and get more fans behind me who may not know me.

Last edited:
Now that's what I'm talking about, didn't know that. Black Fedor vs Mexican Fedor would be a matchup of 2 of the Top 3 all time Fedors, without a doubt.

That's insulting to dc and Cain comparing them to a can crusher like fedro.

don see why he can make a run at HW. HE will see after he destroys MIR

From a business perspective, I think Dana is always going to have more trouble finding top level HWs than he will LHWs, so I don't see why he would encourage a successful HW to move down to LHW.

I disagree with that. LHW has no meaningful contenders for Jones. Dude has been fights MWs for christ sake.

HW on the other hand has tons of competitive matchups at the top with Cain, Reem, JDS and Werdum.

Cormier needs to stay at HW. There are alot of butts for him to kick there. I dont think he would do as well at LHW as there are more guys with high level skills there and are quicker than anybody at HW would ever dream of being. Jones reigns over that division and I dont see Cormier beating him of course he has a strong chance to do it but I see Jones getting the win.

I guess if he cuts off his leg. What's with you people and your delusion that everyone can successfully cut weight and be healthy?

Herp derp

I would of thought if you cared enough about MMA to post on this forum you would of seen by now, it has been said many many times by DC, Cain, his coaches etc, that DC can make 205. Do you choose to ignore it because you don't want to see it or what? Even people in this thread before me have posted that he's not just going to cut it all, he will diet down so he doesn't have to cut very much.

Also Dana has said if he goes to LHW he will probably get an immediate shot at Jon Jones, he said it in some interview after the post conference of JDS vs Cain. And Cormier ending up showing up in the interview to thank dana for something and he said that he might, he wants to leave it a mystery for now.

DC vs. Mir sounds like a good co-main event for the UFC on Fox 7 card.
From a business perspective, I think Dana is always going to have more trouble finding top level HWs than he will LHWs, so I don't see why he would encourage a successful HW to move down to LHW.
That's because:
1. The HW division in MMA has always been one of the weakest, as well as in the UFC.
2. Dana couldn't get a bunch of the best HWs of all-time in the UFC (Fedor, Big Nog, Cro Cop), or if he did, he got them past their prime.
I disagree with that. LHW has no meaningful contenders for Jones. Dude has been fights MWs for christ sake.
That's because Jones has destroyed the elite fighters in the division; he only fought one MW (besides that, JDS could probably fight at the same weight he fights at on fight night at LHW). At HW, there's always instability as who the elite are, but as it stands, right now it is definitely JDS and Cain, probably DC, and maybe Werdum. Everyone else has huge holes in the division
on the other hand has tons of competitive matchups at the top with Cain, Reem, JDS and Werdum.
After that, it's a bunch of guys who don't have a basic understanding of huge chunks of MMA.

Last edited:
After Jones refused to tap then slammed, and snatched himself out of an armbar all it did was increase his myth. The guy is dedicated not only to winning, but not losing. Someone is going to have to flash ko him because regardless of the lack of credit he's given, Jones is going to figure you out in a few rounds, then take you out. Also, spare me the 'Vitor too it easy on him.' We all know that's ridiculous. Also spare me the MW crap. Vitor has fought at LHW before and no amount of weight or training camp would have prepared him for Jones. The armbar was great and it was his only shot before Jones took him apart.

Cormier is just another in a long line of candidates some people desperately hope will defeat Jones. Cormier at 205 up against Jones varied striking and fight IQ=Just another victim. Jones has the benefit of the doubt by pretty much mass destruction of everyone he has faced. Cormier is not Jones' kryptonite. He's just another man. Jones is one of the rare few in the history of fighting that breaks men. He breaks their spirits and their bodies. The highlight reels speak for themselves. Like most greats Jones probably won't really be appreciated until he's long gone.

This is a good point. LHW is deeper than HW.

HW on the other hand has tons of competitive matchups at the top with Cain, Reem, JDS and Werdum.

+1. I'm also not convinced Cormier is an elite HW. The fact that he won't fight Cain adds another wrinkle.

If DC is a top HW, which he is, top 5 in my opinion, why not move down to fight JJ. JJ is arguably the most gifted guy in sport. DC could derail that train. Lots of people want to see that fight, LOTS.

he wants a ufc title and he is not gonna fight cain

DC can make 205 but he would have to cut a lot of his fat. But he wouldnt be your typical 205er. He wont be cutting from 230. he wont cut 25lbs of water. he cant. most he can cut is 10lbs...anymore he risks dying.

After Jones refused to tap then slammed, and snatched himself out of an armbar all it did was increase his myth. The guy is dedicated not only to winning, but not losing. Someone is going to have to flash ko him because regardless of the lack of credit he's given, Jones is going to figure you out in a few rounds, then take you out. Also, spare me the 'Vitor too it easy on him.' We all know that's ridiculous. Also spare me the MW crap. Vitor has fought at LHW before and no amount of weight or training camp would have prepared him for Jones. The armbar was great and it was his only shot before Jones took him apart.

Cormier is just another in a long line of candidates some people desperately hope will defeat Jones. Cormier at 205 up against Jones varied striking and fight IQ=Just another victim. Jones has the benefit of the doubt by pretty much mass destruction of everyone he has faced. Cormier is not Jones' kryptonite. He's just another man. Jones is one of the rare few in the history of fighting that breaks men. He breaks their spirits and their bodies. The highlight reels speak for themselves. Like most greats Jones probably won't really be appreciated until he's long gone.

Lulzy.

If DC is a top HW, which he is, top 5 in my opinion, why not move down to fight JJ. JJ is arguably the most gifted guy in sport. DC could derail that train. Lots of people want to see that fight, LOTS.

Well there are some who do not too. Because of the following considerations:

DC is very quick and looks very good at HW so why change really? Lots of good match ups for him at HW and imagine if he defeats JJ who is he gonna fight? All the fighters who JJ destrooyed in a dominant fashion? Thats silly imho
Plus he has problems with cuts (something with his kidneys or whatever), why risk his health?

His comments suggest that he's sticking at HW even after the Mir fight. I think he is going to at least wait to see how Cain's first defense goes.

I don't think that he will be dropping to LHW anytime this year, if at all.

According to Cormier himself, he would need at least 6 months to prepare for the cut and to diet down. He said that it would require a lifestyle change but is doable.

I think we'll see JJ vs Cormier down the line at HW.

would like to see him fight someone real aol that oboe can stop going him up to be this big unstoppable beast

Back