Dana: Chael Sonnen vs. Vitor Belfort is at 185, title shot if Vitor wins

You guys gotta play it one step ahead.

-The UFC says Chael vs Vitor is a #1 contender fight. Vitor doesn't get licensed. Chael essentially says "well if I was going to fight a #1 contender fight, why am I going to fight somebody unless it's a #1 contender fight?" Then you're essentially forced to put Chael into a #1 contender opportunity if Vitor doesn't get licensed. You've booked yourself in a corner.

If Vitor gets licensed and Chael gets the fight AND wins, it's far easier to go "DID YOU SEE THAT?! HOLY SHIT CHAEL IS THE #1 CONTENDER!"

Why would Chael take a harder fight at a lower weight on short notice if there was nothing to gain from it? Company guy I guess.

edit - If he beats Vitor he deserves a title shot. Vitor is without a doubt the number one contender.

chael will fight anyone anytime

This makes much more sense.

No more leap Frogging for Chael P.

So Chaels has been telling lies or he has been lied to by Dana. Which is it?

Sonnen only agreed to the fight under the conditions he would get a title shot. I think it's Dana being Dana so he doesn't have to hear people shit on it.

If Chael wins, he'll then build him up and talk about how he subbed Shogun and beat Vitor and is worthy of a title shot. Until then, he's going to stay quiet.

exactly.

really, you think he has enough money? didnt mike Tyson have 300 mil and lose it all (not saying sonnen is an idiot like him), the more money you make the more expensive your life style gets ...

how many NFL/NBA players have gone broke after they stopped playing...

This is a good pay day, like the other poster said, at his age, he can not afford to turn down good paying fights

well chael does own his own pizza shop too and works for fox sports so i think he has some good money

well chael does own his own pizza shop too and works for fox sports so i think he has some good money

he def likes the money, the guy was arrest for money laundering in Oregon FFS..at least unlike most other fighters he does have that job with fox, he has a fall back plan

So pretty much everything got solved. The 205 thing was bizarre so I'm glad they fixed that and now everyone can stop crying at Sonnen getting a shot if he wins.

Someone let teh sonnen know that

He says that right now, but if Chael were to pull the upset he would give him the shot. At that point it would be between Jacare/Rockhold.

Sonnen vs Weidman/Machida doubles either of them on PPV if not more.

And truth be told, he would deserve it.

Spoke too soon

Why would Chael take a harder fight at a lower weight on short notice if there was nothing to gain from it? Company guy I guess.

edit - If he beats Vitor he deserves a title shot. Vitor is without a doubt the number one contender.

Money, Chael isn't fighting to fulfill his competitive desires at this point.

When Rashad got injured, Chael said that he wanted to fight Cormier on short notice.

Anyone, Anywhere, Anytime.

Vitor has not even been granted a license yet and if Wand gets his why change the fight?

Vitor wont release his failed test results from february, was removed from ufc 175 because of not getting approved due to his TRT BS and now he is back on the card even still without a license?

FFS UFC/Dana...get wand back on the card...the NSAC has not denied him the chance to fight...over this...just you and fucking Chael.

Back