Dana being real GSP vs Hendricks

It's been 7 bloody years...Get a life.

And I have a newsflash for the people out there that have been watching combat sports for Only a few years now. Close decision victories are very common when it comes to a long time champion. This has been going on in boxing for like 100 years. GSP is hardly the first, and he won’t be the last great champion to get the benefit of the doubt on a decision. I could name 10 right now off the top of my head. Norton fought Ali 3 times. A lot of people think Norton won all 3..

Newsflash: A bunch of fellow Canadians defend GSP at all costs.

I remember everybody booing GSP after that Hendricks fight, it was literally every.body.

Dana's smear campaign is legendary. He never managed to push GSP around and GSP was too much of a draw for Dana to do anything about it.

He absolutely hates it and never could let go. Poor Dana!

Dana said this only because GSP announced retirement after this fight and Dana didnt like it. If George said after this fight that he wants to fight again f.e. against Anderson Silva then Dana would say at the press conference "I agree, GSP won this fight, 1 of this judges is fucking moron and should never judge any fight again"

Fight was very close, I scored it 48-47 for Hendricks, but I can see 48-47 for GSP as well and the most important thing is George won 5th round and winning the last round in the close fight is the most important.
Very true & remember, Johhny said he was pulling an Usman & only going 50%...

I don’t like GSP. I think he’s overrated. However, I do think he won that fight. I watched it recently and felt it was pretty clear.

This fight is just one of many indictments of th 10 pt system of scoring. Hendricks won a fight and GSP won a stupid points decision. See Bisping vs Hendo II as another atrosity of the 10 point system.

I love how even after all this time, people STILL call this fight a robbery. When it comes down to a few seconds of offense in a single round, that is not a robbery.

It's a close fight.

“Did you see Georges get smashed and hurt in the first round? It’s about damage. This is a fight. It’s whoever inflicts the most damage.

Except, no, it's about who wins the most rounds. If I inflict more damage in the two rounds that I easily win, but not by 10-8 margins, and my opponent hardly inflicts any damage in the three rounds that he wins, he wins the fight, because it's not about who inflicts the most damage.

So you're giving props to Dana for stating complete garbage and nonsense that is a complete misstatement of facts?

Remember that boxing judge that score Mayweather 10-0 over Conor?

Every single judge gave Conor the first round, so, no, I don't remember any judges scoring it 10-0 Mayweather over Conor in rounds. Neither do you. You just like spouting nonsense.

Everyone, but everyone had Hendricks winning rounds 2 and 4. Everyone had GSP winning rounds 3 and 5. Round 1 Hendricks landed one more strike than GSP. GSP landed one more significant strike. GSP landed more strikes at range. Hendricks landed almost all of his in the clinch. Both scored one takedown. GSP had the only submission attempt, but wasn't that close with it.

That fight was about as even as it gets. Since total damage done over the entirety of the fight is not in any way, shape or form a judging criteria, the fight going either way, by one point, is a legitimate and fair decision. Anyone who scored the fight 4 -1, like Dana did, is showing they don't know what they are talking about.

“Did you see Georges get smashed and hurt in the first round? It’s about damage. This is a fight. It’s whoever inflicts the most damage. He got hurt, he got wobbled, he got dropped….” Dana white continues “ye… yeah, I’m blown away that George St. Pierre won that fight. And listen. I’m a promoter. He’s the biggest pay per view star on the FUCKING PLANET for me, and I still don’t think he won that fight. I want what’s fair and that wasn’t fair. I think the Nevada State Athletic Commission is atrocious. I think the governor needs to step in immediately before they destroy this sport like they did boxing”

Dana White hates GSP and wants do destroy him? Or Dana wants to get rid of his biggest PPV star just because. Can’t have it both ways.

Also, props to Dana for calling out NSAC. Remember that boxing judge that score Mayweather 10-0 over Conor?

The most credible analyst's scores:
ZacITWt.png
We all know Dana is the just bleed type. Oh just for context, I’m imagining this had to be said after his retirement. I mean since he basically said it right there in the octagon. But Dana isn’t the type to have sour grapes.

Ancient history bro.

Johnny is probably curled up in a ball somewhere in his moms basement right now telling himself he won that fight. USADA destroyed that man.

We all know Dana is the just bleed type. Oh just for context, I’m imagining this had to be said after his retirement. I mean since he basically said it right there in the octagon. But Dana isn’t the type to have sour grapes.
I don’t think that Dana said any of this out of spite. Yes, Dana can be catty but why would he make up this whole story and then throw the NSAC under the bus just because he is upset at GSP? He was speaking truth and what he genuinely thought.

Newsflash: A bunch of fellow Canadians defend GSP at all costs.

I remember everybody booing GSP after that Hendricks fight, it was literally every.body.

Booing Him for what reason exactly? It’s not his job to make a decision.

White was crying foul and the reason Rogan did such biased commentary is cause they knew GSP will be retiring

Close title fights tend to be judged in favor for the champion. And it should be that way.

Hendricks retired gsp because gsp new he had to do a rematch

Back