Dana: "Barao is like Anderson Silva"

Dana working overtime to ensure the PPV sales reach 200k:)

Fans will tell DW what they think by voting with their wallets.

Yah hes not the best looking dude. He wont win a handsome contest thats for sure haha an MMA fight though...

Thing is he can win 10 more in a row and it wont change the fact that he is really bland like oatmeal.

Yeah, like being great is something objective, something you can touch. He IS already as great as AS for some of us. For some others, he never will be even if he cleans out two divisions. But thats the way it goes.

The guys special

Dana is right to some degree. The difference is Anderson had that special charisma about him long before he became a star. Anything could happen in his fights and you were usually going to see something crazy.

Barao just goes in there and finishes. His personality consists of doing a obnoxious dance and looking creepy. Resume wise he may be Anderson but there's more to the package than wins.

Dana is just trying his best to promote and market a guy that is unmarketable.

He says "I back everybody, i back". That's one sentence in english for him.

I lold so hard that my collegue from the next office came over to see what was going on, just the thought of Dana doing the "is normal" voice kills me.

It

Barao has terrible wrestling and was outclassed by journeymen during his prime?

This is news to me.

Barao is better than Anderson. Baraos leg ain't all fucked up

Won't take much to surpass Silva, a few more wins against some big names and he has more valuable wins than Anderson ever had.

He has a part time job? Since he according to you does not make enough money to train and fight full time.

How do you know he does not have a washing machine?
Because the promo video was not from his home but an apartment he shares with other fighters when he trains, if I got it correctly.

Also is a washing machine some how a measure of your success and income?
Unfortunately in today's society not having a washing machine, living in an apartment, and taking the train means your income is low.

Anderson has charisma that has shined through even when he wasn't speaking any English. Barao doesn't.

Dana trying hard to market an unmarketable fighter.

I will never understand why this means anything in the fight industry.

Definitely not like Anderson. Other than Faber, there's literally no competition for him at bantamweight. And when Anderson didn't have competition at MW, he went up to LHW to fight bigger guys.

Barao could surpass Anderson. He could move up to FW and take that belt if Aldo ever moves up. Come to think of it, Aldo could also pass Anderson too.

Barao is no where close to the level of striking as Anderson though. Not yet.

Back