Dana apologizes for having told Marion Reneau she was too old for TUF 18

Better Every Day

Zhang finishing Andrade avatar
Platinum Member
Reaction score
When Marion Reneau tried out for TUF 18, Dana told her she was too old. Now that she has, at age 37, beaten up Alexis Dufresne at UFC 182, Dana gave her a public apology for having said that. (at time 18:35)

[YT]55MWWfPfZN8[/YT]

Isn't the cut off point 35 for TUF? Technically she was too old at the time of filming right? Anyway we'll see how she does against a half decent opponent. I would match her up with Pena or Rakoczy. She's lucky the woman's division is so thin. She could have a decent career into her 40's.

I missed her fight with Dufresne on Saturday. One sided beatdown, I take it?

She made it look like they'd gone out and found some random girl named Dufresne in the crowd and asked her to come fight.

Yes. Rogan was calling for the fight to be stopped by the end of the second round, and also during the third. Dufresne didn't show much beyond the ability to tough her way through a lot of punishment to reach the end.

You are too old to be on TUF so we are just going to give you a UFC contract instead....not a bad deal really.

Isn't the cut off point 35 for TUF? Technically she was too old at the time of filming right? Anyway we'll see how she does against a half decent opponent. I would match her up with Pena or Rakoczy. She's lucky the woman's division is so thin. She could have a decent career into her 40's.

Rakoczy is still in the UFC? With that 1-3 record?

Rakoczy is still in the UFC? With that 1-3 record?

I don't know tbh. I had to google her to see if she had retired. Figured Rakoczy being a TUF finalist, might carry some name value, but also be very beatable for Marion.

Damn I saw Marions fight but missed the intro's
Amazed she's 37

Alex Chambers was 35 on TUF, think she's 36 right now. Oldest TUF participant, AFAIK. She probably would have made the cut if she had been a few years younger. Hey, at least she finally got an apology. :)

Dana: "I was wrong again."

You're always wrong you goof.

37?

She definitely WAS too old and wasn't owed an apology.

TUF should be about prospects, not fighters who will retiring in 2-3yrs.

I'm sure the cutoff for male TUF hopefuls is 34. They had a couple of 35/36 yr old dudes on TUF Nations, but that's because they simply needed bodies - there wasn't a big talent pool of Aussie and Canadian middleweights, so they had to raise the age limit.

Back