Dana and Masvidal has a bigger draw than Usman

I see, so this sport is not about winning, it is about who has the best draw. Good to know.

Conor is the GOAT if that is the case. Congrats.

Say what you want but the way Masvidal has, no pun intended, resurrected his career and made himself this big of a draw is almost unprecedented in MMA. A relatively average record and without the Conor fight, it's remarkable. Hope for his sake he manages to get that belt.
I assume you're excluding Sonnen.

Usman will never be popular, so even if he achieves GSP level of accomplishment (which he won't)

he will never be considered one of the GOATs
Or just keep hating. They are one in the same boring decision fighters unless there is a vendetta against their opponent.

Or just keep hating. They are one in the same boring decision fighters unless there is a vendetta against their opponent.

well I don't like GSP at all

But I see where GSP's popularity come from

He has a more likable personality, he's canadian and canadians are crazy about supporting their athletes because they have very few worldwide athletes. his fighting style even though boring is still more entertaining than Usman's. He has beaten more elite fighters and been in the game at the right era where UFC was just taking off. He was more promoted. And most important of all he is better looking

That's where GSP's popularity come from, and I stress again I don't like GSP at all

well I don't like GSP at all

But I see where GSP's popularity come from

He has a more likable personality, he's canadian and canadians are crazy about supporting their athletes because they have very few worldwide athletes. his fighting style even though boring is still more entertaining than Usman's. He has beaten more elite fighters and been in the game at the right era where UFC was just taking off. He was more promoted. And most important of all he is better looking

That's where GSP's popularity come from, and I stress again I don't like GSP at all
I agree with GSP's popularity. He has a nation behind him, always has. But there is no denying in domination however you see it going. They are pretty much the same.

I agree with GSP's popularity. He has a nation behind him, always has. But there is no denying in domination however you see it going. They are pretty much the same.

I don't blame the fighters that much, because they are just exploiting the rules to win safest way possible. Can't blame them right? since millions of dollars aka their career are on the line

what needs to be changed is the UFC fighting rules, to make the fights less boring.

I don't blame the fighters that much, because they are just exploiting the rules to win safest way possible. Can't blame them right? since millions of dollars aka their career are on the line

what needs to be changed is the UFC fighting rules, to make the fights less boring.
I agree

Dana_White_UFC_3.0.png

This. I don't like Mas but was interested in seeing how he'd react to the loss. He handled it much better than most of the nuthugger crybabies on here.

Not sure why anyone would expect otherwise. Masvidal has recently taken steps to market himself, but he hasn’t taken on some fake clown persona - he’s always been himself and a straight shooter. When he lost to WB, he never made excuses or pretended like should have gotten the decision.

Now haters will be angry because he wants to work towards a rematch and believes he can win... SMH

This is more about personality than fighting style imo. If Usman was a charismatic guy with a boring style people would still tune in to listen.

I watched the Dana and Masvidal parts but I just don't care what Usman had to say lol... probably a bunch of generic shit and phrases beginning with "at the end of the day"

Not sure why anyone would expect otherwise. Masvidal has recently taken steps to market himself, but he hasn’t taken on some fake clown persona - he’s always been himself and a straight shooter. When he lost to WB, he never made excuses or pretended like should have gotten the decision.

Now haters will be angry because he wants to work towards a rematch and believes he can win... SMH

He should fight Colby next...a decisive win there puts he right back in the title picture.

Usman will never be popular, so even if he achieves GSP level of accomplishment (which he won't)

he will never be considered one of the GOATs

for some people it is not a popularity contest but a fighting competition
these people will evaluate his career based on accomplishments in the cage
you guys can debate who should win the popularity contest, no prob

He should fight Colby next...a decisive win there puts he right back in the title picture.

I'm starting to change my mind on this and agree; Colby is a) highly ranked and b) represents top wrestling talent in the division - hence, if Masvidal were to beat him, he would show that with a full camp, he is a formidable opponent for Usman.

Still, I think that both he and Colby need another win before that fight happens. Dana is probably not in a hurry to see Colby in a title eliminator just yet. He got smashed and needs rebuilding.

Back