Dana always has the last laugh

Not with Khabib
Khabib is a controversial topic for me. It's awesome to go out on top at the right time but it wasn't imo. The integrity of his legacy was diminished.... and he wasnt that far away from attaining goat status ( as in " thee"). Another 3-4 wins ( 2-3 defense & 1 move up against a top/ relevant welter) attains him the label that no one owns right now.

We're talking 2 years- I know he doesn't need the cheese but these labels hes getting are just not complete/ earned. I think he was on his way and that's a shame.

Khabib is a controversial topic for me. It's awesome to go out on top at the right time but it wasn't imo. The integrity of his legacy was diminished.... and he wasnt that far away from attaining goat status ( as in " thee"). Another 3-4 wins ( 2-3 defense & 1 move up against a top/ relevant welter) attains him the label that no one owns right now.

We're talking 2 years- I know he doesn't need the cheese but these labels hes getting are just not complete/ earned. I think he was on his way and that's a shame.
Whilst I agree he had a few more years of dominance left in him easily, we have to respect his family, culture and religion. His father passed away, and his mother asked him to not fight again. Khabib honoured his parents wishes. It might be hard to understand in the west, as most would ignore our parents wishes and tell them to F off, or parent's would support them. But in other cultures, family is taken seriously, and respecting the wishes of your parents, and making a promise, especially after the death of his father, has to be honoured and resected.

I respect Khabib so much, no external distractions have ever taken him away from his path.

I don't fully know why some Sherdoggers support the promoter over the fighter.

It's like cheering on gladiators as they kill each other in the arena and then saluting the emperor at the end.

More money should go to the fighters because they are the ones that sweat, bleed, and cry in the cage.

100%

Whilst I agree he had a few more years of dominance left in him easily, we have to respect his family, culture and religion. His father passed away, and his mother asked him to not fight again. Khabib honoured his parents wishes. It might be hard to understand in the west, as most would ignore our parents wishes and tell them to F off, or parent's would support them. But in other cultures, family is taken seriously, and respecting the wishes of your parents, and making a promise, especially after the death of his father, has to be honoured and resected.

I respect Khabib so much, no external distractions have ever taken him away from his path.
You can tell from my post that I actually like and have great reverence for bhibster but all that stuff I respect on one hand but at the end of the day, you're own man - I dont care where u come from, family and especially religion.

Again, a couple of years ( if hes sucessful) of standing alone at the top of MMAS world/ history. I think that's worth breaking a promise and talking about this with mom/ family/ inner circle.

I don't fully know why some Sherdoggers support the promoter over the fighter.

It's like cheering on gladiators as they kill each other in the arena and then saluting the emperor at the end.

More money should go to the fighters because they are the ones that sweat, bleed, and cry in the cage.

Yeah, that's why.

Back