1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

Dana always has the last laugh

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by fullspar, Jun 22, 2021.

1. fullspar Banned Banned

I see a lot more threads and fighters complaining on social media about pay, contracts, why release Silva and not GSP etc

I mean its always been an issue, but it has been made more public recently, especially since the whole Paul Bro's started making a mockery of it.

Dana always has he last laugh, and nothing will never change
    [​IMG]

Dijardo likes this.
  2. d2s Green Belt

3. fullspar Banned Banned

[​IMG]

Kwic, Morax, Norcim and 1 other person like this.
  4. Jojomojo Brown Belt

Fighter Union will come in the next 10 years
    <31>

RemyR likes this.
  5. Ringluv Orange Belt

While he's laughing fighters like Askern are getting their red panty night fighting Jake Paul. Which is pretty sad when you consider the UFC is more established in comparison to a youtube celebrity boxer with three fights under their belt.

6. aali14 Silver Belt

I think GSP and Khabib are very much satisfied with their legacies. They left on top and in the end Dana couldn't do what he wanted, force them to continue fighting until they lose so the UFC can promote that guy as the next star.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2021
  7. brownsmith76 Green Belt

I don't fully know why some Sherdoggers support the promoter over the fighter.

It's like cheering on gladiators as they kill each other in the arena and then saluting the emperor at the end.

More money should go to the fighters because they are the ones that sweat, bleed, and cry in the cage.

Morax, RemyR and rakeleaves like this.
  8. anakq Yellow Belt

Dana will be out before that

9. Volumes Orange Belt

Not with Khabib

10. fullspar Banned Banned

I do not support, I am just making a point at his monopoly over the MMA fighters and business, and no matter what fighters do internally or externally, he/UFC will always have this control

With the exception of a few who have made decent money, overall Big Bald Goof wins
    [​IMG]

11. chinarice Steel Belt

GSP is the lineal WW and MW champ and that cannot be changed and will always anger Dana

GSP left on his own terms and came back and left again on his own terms.

Dana lost that one and will forever be a poor loser about it.

12. Rea_ctor Black Belt

Didn't they already try that and fail?

13. Dijardo Orange Belt

to put it in a simpler way - "hungrier" fighters usually had to fight more frequently. if a high level guy can afford to sit his prime on his ass bitching in social media, not a single fan or a sport as a whole really can benefit from that.

14. fullspar Banned Banned

Yes but, Dana still has his contract, and can control him by not releasing him, or allowing him to fight in Boxing etc.

15. NoContest Brown Belt

It's the culture. It's like Elon Muskrat taking credit for the inventions the people who work for him come up with and all the other rich. They're all scum.

fullspar likes this.
  16. chinarice Steel Belt

He doesn't need to. He will make money regardless of Dana and U Fight Cheap. Him being a sour bitch about is solely because he knows there is still value in GSP. Nothing more, nothing less.

Dana WANTS GSP and Khabib to need him but they don't . Dana doesn't like when he cant fully control his fighters.

17. fullspar Banned Banned

Yes, and the fighter alone cannot do it. Even if the likes of Conor and other bigger stars tried, I am sure it would fail. Someone recently posted the contracts, and how they have it set out so its almost impossible to leave, and even if you do you ave to give a years money to them.

They will always have a base level of income, so regardless if they screwed over the bigger fighters who tried to make it more even for others, they would just get rid of them or give them pointless fights, like they do with fighters on their last fight of the contract.

And the business is designed for every man for himself, the bigger stars will never help the other not so well paid fighters, as there is only so much revenue that can be made.

18. fullspar Banned Banned

Thats true, and GSP is one of the few who has enough money for the rest of his life. So even if he is locked in contract for the rest of his life, he still never has to work again.

Its the other fighters who suffer, looking at some of the fighters pay from 263, how could you live on $15,000 2-3 times a year max? Especially with the running costs of being a Pro MMA Fighter.

Who remembers this? I am sure most fighters are maybe not as stricken, but I wouldn't be surprised if some are still in similar poverty

brownsmith76 likes this.
  19. Jojomojo Brown Belt

What?

20. weaselkenievil Brown Belt

Quality thread, such insight.