Dana - "A Mexican World War" describing Gil vs Diego

Mexico did not nurture, raise and put him through college wrestling and train him to be an mma champion.

Well the south west was mexico at one point. So there's that argument.

Plus being of Mexican decent gave them that warrior spirit so im told

Well then they should go live in their country.

Like i said, they want the best of both worlds.

Why would they? They already made their lives here, they're citizens of this country. They work here in the U.S. Why can't people be proud of their heritage without you telling people to go back to that country? Racist much?

You are what your ancestors were. American is just a name put on people born here, Its politics.

Shit we are all Africans then.

Also, if American is just a name put on people, then i guess america doesnt qualify as a real country then. Its just a place for you to come and claim another nation.

Go to any country and fly another nations flag, screaming and shouting how proud u are of that other nation. i'll read about you on the news.

If you dont want to be an american, then get out.

Why would they? They already made their lives here, they're citizens of this country. They work here in the U.S. Why can't people be proud of their heritage without you telling people to go back to that country? Racist much?

Racist? Im not racist at all, but if you are going to live here and get all the benefits of being an american. Stop flying another country's flag.

Shit we are all Africans then.

Also, if American is just a name put on people, then i guess america doesnt qualify as a real country then. Its just a place for you to come and claim another nation.

Go to any country and fly another nations flag, screaming and shouting how proud u are of that other nation. i'll read about you on the news.

If you dont want to be an american, then get out.

You don't understand the point, because you're American.

People from other countries actually have a heritage, they actually have a culture. People like Cain are proud to represent their culture, it's not about the actual country of Mexico, he's not claiming that Mexico is a superior country than the U.S.

The Marco Antonio Barrera vs Erik Morales fight of MMA.

Put two Mexicans in there and you got yourself a war. Toe to toe, no backing down, just like two pits inside a cage.

Not even fucking close to Barrera/Morales.

Good fight but it was not very competitive at all. Diego landed one great punch and took a horrible beating for about 14:30 of the fight

Ok so who comes up with the "at least 2 generations rule" and who follows it and who doesnt?

It's an observation by sociologists and demographers that holds relatively consistent when studying various waves of immigration in the US and UK. New immigrants who are of marrying age will almost always seek a spouse who was born in their native land. Second generation children will look for a spouse of the same ethnic group roughly half the time. By the time the immigrant's grandchildren are ready to marry, ethnicity plays a much more negligible role.

If u are born and raised somewhere, you are of that NATIONality. Ethnicity is a bit fuzzier. Mexico had NOTHING to do with him being champ other than its where his parents are from.
Nationality and ethnicity sometimes are used technically in the way you describe, but they are actually very close to synonyms.

Nation comes from a Latin word natio referring to refers to one's birth, not in terms of geography, but in terms of ancestral descent.

Ethnicity comes from a classical Greek word ethnos (pronounced hethnos, which is where the word heathen comes from). This word is pretty much always translated nation or gentile (where gen refers to birth as in genetics).

tl/dr there's no problem with referring to American citizens as Mexicans, just like there's no problem when American citizens refer to themselves as Italians or Irish.

Lol Dana just called it a "World War" again at the Post PC. Guess he doesn't know what a world war consists of.

You don't understand the point, because you're American.

People from other countries actually have a heritage, they actually have a culture. People like Cain are proud to represent their culture, it's not about the actual country of Mexico, he's not claiming that Mexico is a superior country than the U.S.

Wut? So americans have no culture?? You mean the american music, arts, sports, food, politics, fashion, media, entertainment is nothing? His culture is actually american.

A Chicano world war. Realistically speaking, it was a great fight, but there have been better fights.

some people take shit too seriously to enjoy life... chill out with the clinging and nitpicking of every word and phrase and just enjoy one bad ass night of fights.... damn

TS said he was being a dick and is saying it in more of a joke than anything...you need to stop taking people threads too seriously...you'll feel better. :D

And remember that he was called out for it.

By a trash talking Limey trying to get under Davis' skin (successfully, I might add). But it wasn't a cause of general disapproval or disdain. No one much cared that he called himself Irish.

Not even fucking close to Barrera/Morales.

Good fight but it was not very competitive at all. Diego landed one great punch and took a horrible beating for about 14:30 of the fight

Someone with common sense.

Comparing that fight to Barrera/Morales is ridiculous.

A Chicano world war. Realistically speaking, it was a great fight, but there have been better fights.

Bingo!

These guys aren't Mexican, they're Chicano/Pochos.

It's like Marcus Davis being called the Irish Hand Grenade. He was born in Maine.

When a large wave of folks from one ethnic group immigrate, they often retain their ethnicity as a strong identifier for at least two generations . It's nothing to be two worried over.

Generally, its the Catholics who seem to retain the heritage of their native lands. So Irish, Italian, Mexican, Hispanic communities always refer to themselves as such even over several generations.

We get it, minorities in the U.S want to claim a guy that was born and raised somewhere as being represented from another country. I love how they can have the best of both worlds. Have all the freedoms and lifestyle of an american but still be considered from another country. Let me tell you this right now. Mexico did not nurture, raise and put him through college wrestling and train him to be an mma champion. Please, if he's so mexican,move to mexico and see how long he can remain champ for. We wont miss a guy that everyone calls a mexican champion.

If he's a mexican champion, forrest griffin was an irish champion.

And jon jones is a Nigerian Champion. Chris weidman is a german champion.

Or how about you mind your own fucken business and not piss your panties over what other people chose to identify with. Cain wants to identify with his mexican culture, good for him. Forest Griffin wants to identify with his irish culture? good for him! oh wait, he wants to identify with his american culture too? good for him again.

Your opinions on the "correct" way people should identify with their heritage/country are irrelevant. Your either racist or ignorant, but most probably both.

If it wasn't in Mexico then it cldnt be a civil war could it?
I dunno haha

The Marco Antonio Barrera vs Erik Morales fight of MMA.

Put two Mexicans in there and you got yourself a war. Toe to toe, no backing down, just like two pits inside a cage.

Not always. I watched a lot of boxing growing up and they used to fill the undercard fights with unknown Mexican flyweights. Not an ounce of muscle between them. It was painful.

Back